Micko Poaches neighbours player!

Started by An Gaeilgoir, February 14, 2007, 07:07:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ross matt

Careful Bord na Mona man. Do you not realise you're tarnishing the rep of a "legend" and "wily fox" beloved of the media and many others on this board???!
For the record I agree 100% with your post.

Onlooker

Mattie Forde has already played for Wexford this year in the NFL.   Would this not complicate the timing of a transfer to Wicklow or anywhere else for that matter.    I ca'nt see Mattie going anywhere, but if Thomas Walsh does actually play for Wicklow, I think that Carlow would be entitled to feel very hard done by.  Anyone with any sense of fair play can only condemn this transfer.

AZOffaly

I think this is the third time in about 3 months where my impressions of Micko are reinforced. My attitude towards O'Dwyer can best be summed up in BordnaMona's post.

QuoteMicko and all he represents pose a bigger danger to the game than any (alleged) drive for professionalism by the GPA. His cute hoorism in cultivating the media and the way people fawn over him is sickening. He's a total chancer in my book. The whiff of dishonesty in how his teams play the game and the way he pulls strokes off it annoy me.

It's a pet hate of mine the way the media think Micko's sh*te is for spreading on bread. Micko never does anything, or says anything, without it being to the personal benefit of Micko. This football evangelist bullsh1t is just that; bullsh1t.

muppet

The only thing that surprises me about the criticisms of Micko is that it is only coming out now. He has always been like this. What is different this time? Do ye all love Carlow? Or hate Wicklow?

Himself and Paudí court the media incessantly to further their own positions.They are named as  candidates in every job vacancy by the media who know they will receive payment in kind from these two expert media players.

I agree with those who say this is more damaging than the GPA.
MWWSI 2017

magpie seanie

I think you'll find Muppet that the likes of Bord na Móna man and AZ and myself (and many others) have been giving out about O'Dwyer and his ilk for a long time. This type of shit does present a great threat to the GAA in that it provides fuel to the GPA's fire.

Hardy

I want to add myself to that list. I've been posting here since 1997 about how puke-inducing I find his repeated self-congratulatory declarations that he stands for good clean honest football. Nearly right. He dives for good clean ...

But to say he's more of a threat than the GPA is going a bit far, in my opinion.

muppet

QuoteI think you'll find Muppet that the likes of Bord na Móna man and AZ and myself (and many others) have been giving out about O'Dwyer and his ilk for a long time.

I know, but that's not really what I meant. I was referring more to the length of the thread after only 39 hours.
MWWSI 2017