Micko Poaches neighbours player!

Started by An Gaeilgoir, February 14, 2007, 07:07:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Homer

Walsh points finger at county board
15 February 2007

Carlow and Leinster ace Thomas Walsh has insisted that any muddying of the waters over his transfer to Wicklow is the fault of Carlow County Board.

Walsh is seeking a move from his home club of Fenagh to Bray and his transfer application is currently with the Leinster Council.

It is understood that Walsh has notified his club of his interest in transferring his allegiance to the Garden County outfit even though he appeared to rule out any such move earlier this week.

However any confusion about his declared intentions is down to officialdom in Carlow, he maintains.
"The problem is to do with the Board," Walsh claimed. "The confusion has not been my problem and is totally to do with the County Board."

Walsh's request is to be considered by the Leinster Council who are likely to refer it back to Carlow County Board for their consideration.

-------------------------------
from hoganstand

realredhandfan

This sickens me.  This is not GAA, its a transfer system, whatever you want to dress it up..  The end of the GAA world is nigh.  All involved should get life bans from the GAA. 

Gnevin

Excuse my ignorance but why cant Carlow just reject this ?
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

youbetterbelieveit

a thing called free movement and free will. If he can prove he is living in wicklow (Bray) then there is nothing they can do. its a catch 22 situation, if they regret it he probably wont play for them either!

Gnevin

Quote from: youbetterbelieveit on February 15, 2007, 01:48:32 PM
a thing called free movement and free will. If he can prove he is living in wicklow (Bray) then there is nothing they can do. its a catch 22 situation, if they regret it he probably wont play for them either!

Fair enough if he's living in Bray but some of the comments seemed to imply he  wasn't
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Shamrock Shore

Matty Forde is on the way to Wixklow as well, allegedly.

Billys Boots

It's not often I'm truly surprised by this sort of behaviour, but this is surely plumbing the depths.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Captain Scarlet

its some ball of dung.

not good for any county.

even though we won leinster with odwyer and lacey it never sat well with me to have them playing.

lacey actually called a lad i know a 'meath f**ker' after a match coz of where his club was based. I GIVE UP! the irony of it all
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

thebandit

I heard the Matty Forde thing as well ..... Surely that has to be a load of shite ???

Bord na Mona man

Also remember that in Kildare, Micko and his backers brought in Brian Murphy from Cork and Garvan Ware from Carlow as well as Brian Lacey and Karl O'Dwyer as mentioned.

Again, why would a footballer want to leave Carlow for Wicklow? There would be no hike in standard, Carlow beat Wicklow by 9 points in last year's championship.

Micko and all he represents pose a bigger danger to the game than any (alleged) drive for professionalism by the GPA. His cute hoorism in cultivating the media and the way people fawn over him is sickening. He's a total chancer in my book. The whiff of dishonesty in how his teams play the game and the way he pulls strokes off it annoy me.

Bord na Mona man

Quote from: Homer on February 15, 2007, 01:27:49 PM
Walsh points finger at county board
15 February 2007

Carlow and Leinster ace Thomas Walsh has insisted that any muddying of the waters over his transfer to Wicklow is the fault of Carlow County Board.

Walsh is seeking a move from his home club of Fenagh to Bray and his transfer application is currently with the Leinster Council.

It is understood that Walsh has notified his club of his interest in transferring his allegiance to the Garden County outfit even though he appeared to rule out any such move earlier this week.

However any confusion about his declared intentions is down to officialdom in Carlow, he maintains.
"The problem is to do with the Board," Walsh claimed. "The confusion has not been my problem and is totally to do with the County Board."
Quote"I'm not moving to any other club or county," Walsh insisted. It's merely another element of the rumour factory. I'll be back training shortly and playing for Carlow in their next league game.

"I'm a Fenagh man and a Carlow man and that's the way it will always be

So a player who does a complete turnaround, contradicts himself and tries to blame the county board for muddying the waters? ;D

magpie seanie

I heard Mattie Forde is going to Wickla from a well placed Model county source of mine.

I hope Wicklow gets seven shades of shit knocked out of them in every game at every level they play in while that scourge is still invloved with them. Mick O'Dwyer - how to destroy your legendary status.

cavan4ever

Does anyone know if there is any truth in this mattie Forde rumour??  I'd find it hard to believe but with micko anything is possible.

scalder

First I've heard of a tranfer for Forde was today - he's certainly not overly content at the moment, and was droped from the starting line up on Sunday but came on and scored 3 points. He's from a place only a stones throw from Wicklow so he won't have far to go if he does.

I really hope its bollix but I've no doubt he's been courted by Wicklow and other counties. IF this does come to pass I'll be calling for a GAA  and revenue investigation of Micko and the players who transfer. If cash is changing hands they should be banned and revenue should make sure tax is paid on it too.

realredhandfan

sad to see the gamekeeper become poacher.