Micko Poaches neighbours player!

Started by An Gaeilgoir, February 14, 2007, 07:07:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

An Gaeilgoir

Well if tom does go to Wicklow. A full independent investigation should take place to see if any "inducements" were attached to the deal. But Mick is the media's darling and the GAA would be afraid of it opening up a whole new can of worms. No offence to Carlow or Wicklow people,but is there much chance of success with either? So why leave Carlow.....if there is nothing to gain financially.

youbetterbelieveit

'Well if tom does go to Carlow' go to wicklow!

full back

Cash & Micko in the same sentence  :o
The man courts controversy & attention wherever he goes

cavan4ever

You beat me to it An Gaeilgoir. He won't win aything with either so there must be something benifical in it for him  

lynchbhoy

Quote from: youbetterbelieveit on February 15, 2007, 11:13:14 AM
Picked this up off the carlow msg board on hoganstand. Looks like his gone.

The transfer papers were handed into Leinster Council in Portlaoise yesterday. Neither Carlow Couunty Board nor Fenagh are lodging an objection it would seem so it's a done deal. If, despite what is reported to have said to the national media on Monday about Fenagh and Carlow being the only teams for him, his latest change of mind mean that, at the moment, he wants to play for them, then we have to accept it, it's an amateur game. although Wicklow clearly did to persuade him to go ahead with the transfer despite his clear public reservations.

However, an issue that is ignored in all of this is the FACT that he is blatently inelgible to transfer to any club in Wicklow, be that Bray Emmets or Eire Og Greystones. To provide a Wicklow address on a transfer form is one thing but, in FACT, he lives in Dublin which makes such a move illegal but it seems that nobody cares about such detail because a blind eye can be turned if to play for Wicklow is what the player indicates he wants to do on a transfer form. If, as some on this and the Wicklow site have suggested, he is about to move to Wicklow some time in the near future, then the transfer request can only be valid after he has made such a move, but not now or anythime before he resides in that county. The reason I have such a problem with all this is because the approach was made to Walshe, and not the other way around, by Wicklow which is blatant poaching of a player who is not eligible to play for them. If there was a problem with Carlow, then Wicklow should have stayed out of it because they had no more of a right to approach him than Donegal have. Furthermore, after he decided on Monday that he was not after all going to transfer to Wicklow and had informed Andy Shorthall that he would be training with Carlow on Tuesday night, he was clearly approached again by Wicklow who simply refused to let it go. By that night they had persuaded him to do yet another u-turn and the transfer was back on.
At least our best players are our younger players (in fact all of our players are young) who will be better players with experience and that's not counting B Murphy and P Broderick who have yet to play but will have big contributions to make sooner than later

OK that is quite blatant
but all he needs to do is get an address in Wicklow (Bray) for a few weeks until after the transfer comes through. Then he can come and go as he pleases. Did ths myself to get a transfer a number of years ago.
I think a blind eye is being turned here as Wicklow are looked upon as being a weaker county in footballing terms.
(obv not financially - or Odwyer wouldnt be there).

Another high profile inter county transferee also doesnt live in the county he is transferring to.
I am not sure what the address given on his transfer was!

this is all quite common.

cavan4ever

Maybe he is going to buy a pub in wicklow  :D

lynchbhoy

Quote from: cavan4ever on February 15, 2007, 11:35:46 AM
Maybe he is going to buy a pub in wicklow  :D
exactly
both are  a hell of a commute  ;)

Handball Ace

O Dwyer is a filthy mercenary who is so ego driven he is willing to destroy the whole spirit of top level county football

Heshs Umpire

Quote from: youbetterbelieveit on February 14, 2007, 08:40:53 PM
yep micko's track record speaks for itself.

With Kildare - Brian Lacey (Tipperary), Karl O'Dwyer (Kerry)

With Laois - Billy Sheehan (Kerry), Shane Cooke(Dublin)

Now Wicklow - Tom Walsh (Carlow)

Shane Cooke played for Laois before Mick O'Dwyer ever managed them.
I'm not defending him or anything but I'd also point out that Brian Lacey moved to Kildare Town where he still lives and plays his club football before ever Kildare GAA availed of his services.
The Sheehan transfer is indefensible though.
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore

youbetterbelieveit

Another high profile inter county transferee also doesnt live in the county he is transferring to.

lynchie i hope you not talking about me!!!  :o :P 8)

lynchbhoy

Quote from: youbetterbelieveit on February 15, 2007, 12:04:32 PM

no someone else equally as talented !

An Gaeilgoir

BallyhaiseMan

Disgraceful stuff by O Dwyer and Walsh as well, Its things like this that makes me really appreciate the Declan Brownes of this world.

youbetterbelieveit

Quote from: lynchbhoy on February 15, 2007, 12:10:17 PM

Well are you going to share who that may be?

lynchbhoy

Quote from: youbetterbelieveit on February 15, 2007, 12:39:55 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on February 15, 2007, 12:10:17 PM

Well are you going to share who that may be?
when you tell me who yer joining ;)