Battle of the Boyne - Meath Vs Louth - Leinster Final 11/7/2010

Started by thejuice, June 29, 2010, 06:21:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bennydorano

Paddy McKeever goal v Dublin in the 2002 semi made it into this debate yet?  As close to Sheridan's effort as you're likely to see.

heffo

Quote from: Kerry Mike on July 12, 2010, 09:53:07 PM

Thierry AnMhĂ­ 

(c) KerryMike 2010

Copyright Mike?? Cmon, thats been floating around the net since last night

Kerry Mike

QuoteCopyright Mike?? Cmon, thats been floating around the net since last night

Some of us have jobs to hold down during the day in this recession ;)
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

heffo

Quote from: Kerry Mike on July 12, 2010, 10:03:12 PM
QuoteCopyright Mike?? Cmon, thats been floating around the net since last night

Some of us have jobs to hold down during the day in this recession ;)

Well get a 'job' that get's you off the streets and in front of a pc!

pintsofguinness

Quote from: bennydorano on July 12, 2010, 10:00:40 PM
Paddy McKeever goal v Dublin in the 2002 semi made it into this debate yet?  As close to Sheridan's effort as you're likely to see.
I was waiting on that...but Paddy's was a goal.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

pintsofguinness

Quote from: ross matt on July 12, 2010, 09:50:42 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on July 12, 2010, 06:21:22 PM
QuoteSligonian the sad thing here is that you're not even takin the piss. Happy for Sligo in general to have performed so well this year but you do them no favours spoutin shite like that.
I don't agree with sligonian but that's a nonsense post.

I wouldn't really call Sheridan a cheat, I don't blame him for diving over the line or arguing with the ref and umpire that it was a goal, all heat of the moment stuff but someone really needs to tell him to stop talking to the media, if he can't be honest. He's doing himself no favours and is adding fuel to the fire.

Whats nonsense about it? Sligonian is letting down all Sligo fans with that drivel defending those thugs.

I agree with you re Sheridan. Getting undue criticism. Any player would have accepted a goal decision in that instance whether they knew it was a foul or not.  His media comments were'nt the most diplomatic but he was put on the spot.
because we all speak for ourselves here and it's just silly to think the views of one person is a reflection on his county!  You could just as well say he's letting down all Irish men or all Europeans with his talk.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

meathie

phew, just got through the 55 pages! to throw my twopence worth in:

Ive no problem with replay though being honest think it will not make difference at all at this point. Whoever wins would still be tarnished now.
Went on the pitch and celebrated win as had no idea what had happened at the end (either the goal or the attacks, ws on hill) super feeling. then the news started coming.
that super feeling began to dwindle and this eve, nothing, crap for us as well as louth. The worst way to win a final and now, well I dont care if we keep the cup, replay or give it Louth. I just want Meath to go with next game and give their best.
After allowing the victory to prevail and every Meath player to lift the cup I find it so so surreal that today they wake up and have to make the choice of whether to give back their medals on the basis of a very bad ref decision.
Joe Sheridan is one of the nicest men I have met and what is being said here and everywhere alllll day long is way over the top. I have no doubt in my mind that Sheridans 'smiles' were simply relief on knowing Meath won it, with no expectation of what was to follow today. We all know that if a player tries his luck at the end of the game and gets it he is NOT going to admit he shouldnt have. Theres sense, and there is complete s**t. cop on, with a Leinster final medal on the way, why the hell would anyone ever do that, really? the quotes in paper today are from last nights reaction. Sheridan has not spoke to media. hopefully Meath offer replay or give cup to Louth. with the madness that come from it, I couldnt be arsed, we just want to play football. why we have to decide to give our medals back or not is beyond me. stand up GAA and make a proper decision for once.  disgusting vile minority Louth behaviour. when I heard Boylan was hit it took the biscuit for me.

armaghniac

Meath fail to decide on replay offer

Monday, July 12, 2010 - 10:22 PM

Meath GAA officials baffled club delegates at tonight's County Board meeting outside Navan by failing to make any decision on whether or not to offer a replay to Louth.

Joe Sheridan's controversial injury-time goal earned the Royal County side their 21st Leinster SFC title at Croke Park yesterday, but there has been a groundswell of support for Louth to be given a rematch.

Television replays showed that Sheridan had carried the ball over the goal-line and the goal should have been allowed to stand. It was a crucial call by referee Martin Sludden, with Meath claiming a 1-12 to 1-10 victory.

At tonight's gathering outside Navan, Meath GAA chairman Barney Allen read the statement issued earlier today by the GAA to the delegates from 40-plus clubs in attendance, which outlined Sludden's admission that the goal was not a legitimate one.

Allen, Meath GAA vice chairman Eugene Comiskey and secretary Cyril Crevin emerged from a County Executive meeting 65 minutes later than scheduled. Allen then commenced the full County Committee meeting.

"The management committee have no decision made on offering a replay. We want a bit of time in relation to other matters being discussed," Allen stated.

He added: "We received no email with a copy of the referees' report (from Croke Park)."

There was a request to get a copy of the referees' report by Pat O'Neill from St. Colmcille's, the club of Meath forward Graham Reilly.

"We can't do anything if the referee doesn't give us the report," O'Neill said.

Meanwhile, it has emerged that the Meath players are also holding their own meeting tonight.

The Meath GAA officials are unlikely to reach a final decision on the possible offer of a replay, until receiving input from the players.

Read more: http://www.examiner.ie/breakingnews/sport/meath-fail-to-decide-on-replay-offer-465238.html#ixzz0tVRZoroL
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Cosmo Kramer

Smacks of a complete fudge to me. Find an excuse to delay things for a day or two and see if things die down. They're only meeting in the first place because of the public outcry, they'd have happily brushed it under the carpet if they could. Very disappointing from Meath GAA.
A few Mayo GAA videos if anyone is interested - www.youtube.com/CosmoKramer100

meathie

for gods sake. why 'fudge and disapointment' they havent made a decision yet, theyre entitled to take their time. give them a chance to make their own minds and use abit of time to decide. gaas problem left in the hands of Meath to deal with. 

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: ross matt on July 12, 2010, 09:50:42 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on July 12, 2010, 06:21:22 PM
QuoteSligonian the sad thing here is that you're not even takin the piss. Happy for Sligo in general to have performed so well this year but you do them no favours spoutin shite like that.
I don't agree with sligonian but that's a nonsense post.

I wouldn't really call Sheridan a cheat, I don't blame him for diving over the line or arguing with the ref and umpire that it was a goal, all heat of the moment stuff but someone really needs to tell him to stop talking to the media, if he can't be honest. He's doing himself no favours and is adding fuel to the fire.

Whats nonsense about it? Sligonian is letting down all Sligo fans with that drivel defending those thugs.

I agree with you re Sheridan. Getting undue criticism. Any player would have accepted a goal decision in that instance whether they knew it was a foul or not.  His media comments were'nt the most diplomatic but he was put on the spot.

I speak for myself is what POG getting at rossmatt, i dont represent the views of Sligo people in general. Everyone on here is entitled to their view and only represent themselves, and to be honest ross matt ive an understanding of the louth fans anger. So i think we should go easy on them but still punish them. Ive seen worse acts on a GAA field and they werent banned for life or given jail sentences which are complete overreactions. I can safely say ive never been involved in a negative incident on a GAA field, never even got booked in my whole playing days so ye cant say im as bad as them either.

It seems the Meath CB are waiting on the ref report before deciding and no decision will be made tonight. I think if Meath offer a replay they are well within there rights to get it played in Navan.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Cosmo Kramer

Quote from: meathie on July 12, 2010, 10:45:14 PM
for gods sake. why 'fudge and disapointment' they havent made a decision yet, theyre entitled to take their time. give them a chance to make their own minds and use abit of time to decide. gaas problem left in the hands of Meath to deal with.

That much I agree with but for Gods sake just do the decent thing and offer the replay, balls back in the GAAs court then, theres no good reason to go dragging it out for another night.
A few Mayo GAA videos if anyone is interested - www.youtube.com/CosmoKramer100

meathie

yes but this was all said earlier on rte sports. the Meath Co Board would prob not come to a conclusion this eve until they talked with someone in GAA on the matter of their decision. I dont think it being unfair that they wait until tomor if they need to.

Zapatista

Fitzpatrick was on Matt Cooper this evening complaining about 50 years of injustice. Not a good angle at all.

From the Bunker

Quote from: hardstation on July 12, 2010, 11:29:26 PM
Quote from: ONeill on July 12, 2010, 11:26:00 PM
Louth are not coming out of this well at all atall.

Sludden might be a dungbag but he didn't hit anyone.
If there is a replay (and I don't believe there should be), I will certainly be hoping that Meath stuff them. Add to that, if there is no replay, I will be supporting any team Louth play, for the rest of the championship.........and for years to come.

Hardstation, are you for real? ;)