Battle of the Boyne - Meath Vs Louth - Leinster Final 11/7/2010

Started by thejuice, June 29, 2010, 06:21:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Quote from: Hardy on July 12, 2010, 09:19:29 PM
I'm not as optimistic as you, Seafoid, but I'm in a grumpy mood from finding myself and my people responsible for the shattered dreams of two generations of Louth people and for trying to deflect some of the opprobrium from poor Joe Sheridan who's being caricatured as the incarnation of Beelzebub. It's a heavy burden, so that could be it.

Good post, Muppet.

you're holding up well. There is nothing like the mortas cine even at times like this.As Supervalue say, real local passion or something. It's great to see fellas working on the accent like that. I think tom Humphries had a similar situation, brought over from Lahndan at a young age. .

INDIANA

Quote from: Hardy on July 12, 2010, 09:23:03 PM
Desieach, I don't think there's any evidence Joe saw the replay before he was interviewed. I only saw the one interview. He was still in his jersey. The only other quotes I saw were in this morning's papers, presumably again from the immediate aftermath.

In any case his having a different view of it from the generally accepted one is hardly a crime. People were attacked yesterday and the subject of the day is a footballer who thinks he scored a goal.

and knows he didn't . You forgot that bit. As for the aftermath. There are 3 Gaa investigations and likely prosecutions. Justice will be served in  that quarter.
It won't be in the other. The fact that one supercedes the other ain't much consolation to the Louth players.

Hardy

Louth Exile

Quote from: Elias on July 12, 2010, 09:19:41 PM
How would the Louth fans feel about a reply if one is offered?
Would it not be best to draw a line under this, admit the game was won by Meath by a terrible ref decision, in the knowledge that you should be Leinster Champions, and prepare for the qualifers?
I think Meath offering the replay would be a hell of a gesture, but they should not be forced to do so. After that, well lets just say that my feelings on the situation seem to change by the hour, hard to keep the emotions on an even keel.
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

deiseach

Desieach, I don't think there's any evidence Joe saw the replay before he was interviewed. I only saw the one interview. He was still in his jersey. The only other quotes I saw were in this morning's papers, presumably again from the immediate aftermath.

He did have the best view of it, you know?

Quote from: Hardy on July 12, 2010, 09:23:03 PMIn any case his having a different view of it from the generally accepted one is hardly a crime. People were attacked yesterday and the subject of the day is a footballer who thinks he scored a goal.

The reason it's being discussed is because nobody - well, not many - people dispute the wrongness of what those thugs did. Yet when Joe Sheridan says black is white, forgive those of us who dispute that.

seafoid

How about the dubs beating Clare, Deiseach? Very impressive result.

deiseach

Quote from: seafoid on July 12, 2010, 09:41:57 PM
How about the dubs beating Clare, Deiseach? Very impressive result.

Anyone could beat that shower. Except for their Minors. They're ace

Hardy

Quote from: deiseach on July 12, 2010, 09:39:09 PM

He did have the best view of it, you know?

Not necessarily, actually.

Quote from: Hardy on July 12, 2010, 09:23:03 PMIn any case his having a different view of it from the generally accepted one is hardly a crime. People were attacked yesterday and the subject of the day is a footballer who thinks he scored a goal.

The reason it's being discussed is because nobody - well, not many - people dispute the wrongness of what those thugs did. Yet when Joe Sheridan says black is white, forgive those of us who dispute that.

I dispute it as well. I was discussing his right to a wrong opinion.

deiseach

Quote from: Hardy on July 12, 2010, 09:44:47 PM

I wonder would you be so indulgent of someone who insisted on there being a flat Earth.

AZOffaly

To be honest I don't know what Sheridan said, in context. I read some of it as 'it was a definite goal, the ref gave it so it must be'.

He described it himself fairly accurately, apart from the bit where he said it was a peno (I saw no foul there), so I don't think he's trying to say he kicked it or anything like that.

Either he feels he never really had control of it, thus it was more of a bundle over than a throw, or else he doesn't know the rule. Either way I don't think he ever said he kicked it into the net.

ross matt

Quote from: pintsofguinness on July 12, 2010, 06:21:22 PM
QuoteSligonian the sad thing here is that you're not even takin the piss. Happy for Sligo in general to have performed so well this year but you do them no favours spoutin shite like that.
I don't agree with sligonian but that's a nonsense post.

I wouldn't really call Sheridan a cheat, I don't blame him for diving over the line or arguing with the ref and umpire that it was a goal, all heat of the moment stuff but someone really needs to tell him to stop talking to the media, if he can't be honest. He's doing himself no favours and is adding fuel to the fire.

Whats nonsense about it? Sligonian is letting down all Sligo fans with that drivel defending those thugs.

I agree with you re Sheridan. Getting undue criticism. Any player would have accepted a goal decision in that instance whether they knew it was a foul or not.  His media comments were'nt the most diplomatic but he was put on the spot.

Hardy

Quote from: deiseach on July 12, 2010, 09:48:23 PM
Quote from: Hardy on July 12, 2010, 09:44:47 PM

I wonder would you be so indulgent of someone who insisted on there being a flat Earth.
The extent of my indulgence would be dependant on a variety of factors. One would be whether I considered he was being unfairly pilloried for expressing the opinion, however much I disagreed with it.

Kerry Mike

2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football