Battle of the Boyne - Meath Vs Louth - Leinster Final 11/7/2010

Started by thejuice, June 29, 2010, 06:21:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

give her dixie

next stop, September 10, for number 4......

Blue and Navy

Umpire struck with a bottle according to Peter McKenna, Croke Park will run with this again. No replay going to be given even if Meath decide to give them one according to the radio now. Well done GAA again, no sense whatsoever.

fitzroyalty

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on July 11, 2010, 05:47:56 PM
Quote from: fitzroyalty on July 11, 2010, 05:42:52 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on July 11, 2010, 05:37:22 PM
It looks like they did or at least tried to but the puddin was more interested in giving Meath the win.
Well they didn't try too hard. From their body language I got the impression they didn't know what day it was ffs.
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on July 11, 2010, 05:38:34 PM
50 years without a Leinster!! Laois went 68 years without one FFS!
Did Laois get robbed like that though?

We did in 2005! Listen dude if they were Laois fans who done that today I would be highly embarressed with their behavouir which no doubt any Louth fan with a shred of self respect will be of their minority today
Yeah but that was only two years after the 03 win...Slight difference! IMO what happened shouldn't have happened, but at the same time that is as big an injustice as you'll ever see on a football field.

Cosmo Kramer

Quote from: Cosmo Kramer on July 11, 2010, 03:52:49 PM
Did we see any pictures of Sheridan and was he celebrating after the game?

Answering my own question here...at least Terry Henry managed to look a bit embarrassed.

A few Mayo GAA videos if anyone is interested - www.youtube.com/CosmoKramer100

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Blue and Navy on July 11, 2010, 05:53:59 PM
Umpire struck with a bottle according to Peter McKenna, Croke Park will run with this again. No replay going to be given even if Meath decide to give them one according to the radio now. Well done GAA again, no sense whatsoever.
someone else alluded to this earlier but when did the gaa become a dictatorship? 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: fitzroyalty on July 11, 2010, 05:55:04 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on July 11, 2010, 05:47:56 PM
Quote from: fitzroyalty on July 11, 2010, 05:42:52 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on July 11, 2010, 05:37:22 PM
It looks like they did or at least tried to but the puddin was more interested in giving Meath the win.
Well they didn't try too hard. From their body language I got the impression they didn't know what day it was ffs.
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on July 11, 2010, 05:38:34 PM
50 years without a Leinster!! Laois went 68 years without one FFS!

Did Laois get robbed like that though?

We did in 2005! Listen dude if they were Laois fans who done that today I would be highly embarressed with their behavouir which no doubt any Louth fan with a shred of self respect will be of
their minority today
Yeah but that was only two years after the 03 win...Slight difference! IMO what happened shouldn't have happened, but at the same time that is as big an injustice as you'll ever see on a football field.

I'm not denying that of course it was a injustice, just don't think the ref should have been attacked
You'll Never Walk Alone.

magpie seanie

Quote from: pintsofguinness on July 11, 2010, 05:56:41 PM
Quote from: Blue and Navy on July 11, 2010, 05:53:59 PM
someone else alluded to this earlier but when did the gaa become a dictatorship?

Some time after Quinn's presidency.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Cosmo Kramer on July 11, 2010, 05:56:08 PM
Quote from: Cosmo Kramer on July 11, 2010, 03:52:49 PM
Did we see any pictures of Sheridan and was he celebrating after the game?

Answering my own question here...at least Terry Henry managed to look a bit embarrassed.

ross4life

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Blue and Navy

Aye, it does seem very unfair....The authorities will probably come out and say that the timeframe is too short the schedule is too tight to award a replay, but i can bet that to a man/woman, every single GAA person in ireland would say replay that game so Louth can have justice and we don't mind pushing every game back a week if thats what it takes for the GAA to be a fair and just organisation again.

Schkite

Quote from: Maguire01 on July 11, 2010, 05:55:18 PM
Deja vu?

Ah Maguire, bringing up bad memories there! He handled the end of that game terribly aswell, although has to be said not in the same league as todays incompetence and at least there was nobody going for him!

muppet

I can't believe, after that ending to the game, that Sludden stayed on the pitch taking names. Red rag and all that.

He seems to me the sort of fella that if a raging lion was charging at him he would give him a yellow card.
MWWSI 2017

Canalman

Would like to point out imo

1 Joe Sheridan did not "cheat". He made an effort to kick the ball over the line.He is blameless.

2 The Louth Players/manager did try and protect the referee from the fans that invaded the pitch. Fair play to them.

3 The soccer journos will have a field day here.

4 Also if Meath players were attacked in the aftermath then they should not offer a replay.

Sadly, we will have every media clown (with zilch knowledge of the GAA) revelling in this.