Battle of the Boyne - Meath Vs Louth - Leinster Final 11/7/2010

Started by thejuice, June 29, 2010, 06:21:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ross4life

Quote from: Rossfan on January 14, 2011, 02:56:40 PM
It would help if Provincial Councils appointed only the top refs to handle their Provincial Finals - something the Leinster and Munster Councils certainly didnt do in 2010.

TBH Connacht appointed Seamus Prior for loads of Finals so it's nothing new.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: ross4life on January 14, 2011, 03:16:09 PM
It would help if Provincial Councils appointed only the top refs to handle their Provincial Finals - something the Leinster and Munster Councils certainly didnt do in 2010.

And Jimmy white ;)

The 3 people in question bearly touched him. Sure sludden himself shoved the guard out of his when his offered protection. Sludden should be banned for life and if i ever see him referee i'll gladly tell him to retire and spare us his arrogant dishonest antics. He will always be a cheat to me, and until the day i die i will roar on the wee county in leinster, hopefully someday justice or karma will see to it that they win leinster soon.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Rossfan

Quote from: ross4life on January 14, 2011, 03:16:09 PM

Seein that ****'s name has brought my rash back again.
Never was there an injustice like what that yoke did  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Mike Sheehy

Sligonian, All of a sludden.....have either of you ever reffed a game ?

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

All of a Sludden

Its not over yet.

GAA President Christy Cooney has been handed a red card by a football fan and summoned to appear in a Dublin courtroom as a direct result of Meath's controversial victory in the 2010 Leinster final.
The case centres on the fact that Meath were awarded the game, despite the fact that the GAA rules were clearly when Joe Sheridan threw the ball over the Louth goal line.
Mornington man Paddy Garvey is taking the case, which has been listed for December 13 in Court 28, , Four Courts, at 10am. The action comes after Mr Garvey's attempt to summons Mr Cooney was dismissed by a Dublin District Court judge in July.
He claims that the GAA deliberately broke its own rules of play when it declared Meath winners of the competition last year. The matter now lies before the court, Mr Garvey said.
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

muppet

Quote from: All of a Sludden on November 15, 2011, 11:03:12 PM
Its not over yet.

GAA President Christy Cooney has been handed a red card by a football fan and summoned to appear in a Dublin courtroom as a direct result of Meath's controversial victory in the 2010 Leinster final.
The case centres on the fact that Meath were awarded the game, despite the fact that the GAA rules were clearly when Joe Sheridan threw the ball over the Louth goal line.
Mornington man Paddy Garvey is taking the case, which has been listed for December 13 in Court 28, , Four Courts, at 10am. The action comes after Mr Garvey's attempt to summons Mr Cooney was dismissed by a Dublin District Court judge in July.
He claims that the GAA deliberately broke its own rules of play when it declared Meath winners of the competition last year. The matter now lies before the court, Mr Garvey said.

But Mornington is in Meath!
MWWSI 2017

Hardy

Point of information: Joe Sheridan did not throw the ball over the Louth goal line.

<Clears the decks for a few days>

thejuice

It was a perfectly legitimate goal. A great never say die score.
Hard to see what problem Louth fans had with it.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

All of a Sludden

I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

Hardy

He was fouled by the Louth goalkeeper. The referee played advantage, according to the rule.

OverThePostsAWide

Quote from: Hardy on November 16, 2011, 11:25:04 PM
He was fouled by the Louth goalkeeper. The referee played advantage, according to the rule.
Are you sure that's how you see it Hardy? Are you sure?

Now you're seeing sense. A free out then  ;D

RULE 4 - TECHNICAL FOULS
4.12 For a player attacking a goal to carry the ball
over opponents' goal-line.

PENALTY FOR ABOVE FOULS - Free kick
from where the foul occurred except as
provided under Exceptions of Rule 2.2.

Hardy

You seem to be a little confused. The foul was by the Louth goalkeeper on Joe, not by Joe on the ball.

OverThePostsAWide

Quote from: Hardy on November 16, 2011, 11:55:16 PM
You seem to be a little confused. The foul was by the Louth goalkeeper on Joe, not by Joe on the ball.

Not at all confused. Joe carrying the ball over the line is a foul (4.12). It's either a penalty or a free out. If he played advantage as you think, then definitely a free out.

4.36 When a team commits a technical foul, the
referee may allow the play to continue if
he considers it to be the advantage of the
opposing team. He shall signal that advantage
is being played by raising an extended arm
upright. Once he allows play to continue, he
may not subsequently award a free for that
foul. He shall apply any relevant disciplinary
action.

OverThePostsAWide

Can't be any clearer:

RULE 3 - SCORES