Battle of the Boyne - Meath Vs Louth - Leinster Final 11/7/2010

Started by thejuice, June 29, 2010, 06:21:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Hardy on March 27, 2012, 11:54:18 AM
And the manager is the key, as Seán Boylan proved by his achievements in spite of the county board's incompetence. They were as useless from 1983 to 2005 as they are now. They have confirmed this since his departure by demonstrating how they squandered his achievements over two decades to the extent that we are now back to where we were in 1980, before Seán Boylan was heard of.

I consider the 1996 favour that Meath did for to us to have been now well and truly returned, apologies for the delay (only one way for Meath football to go from here)!  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Jinxy

I agree Hardy, our structures need a monumental overhaul.
We've plenty of serious, intelligent men in the county but no one will get involved with the county board in it's current guise.
p.s. Bring back Fintan Ginnity!
And Noel V. too while we're at it.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

All of a Sludden

A pensioner wants to bring High Court proceedings arising out of the controversial decision to allow stand a goal scored by Meath in the 2010 Leinster football final against Louth.

The case is being brought by Louth football fan Paddy Garvey (aged 75) over the awarding of Meath's controversial winning goal in the Leinster SFC final at Croke Park, when Meath's Joe Sheridan infamously threw the ball over the line to deny the Louth the Leinster championship.

Arising out of the decision Mr Garvey issued a summons, under Section 51 of the district Court Rules compelling the GAA President to come before the court.

He says that he issued the summons against the GAA President because Meath won the game, and were awarded "the Leinster medals", despite that GAA rules were clearly breached when Joe Sheridan threw the ball over the line. His summons was struck out in July 2011.

He appealed that ruling to the Circuit Court and last March Judge Alison Lindsay, upheld the District Court's decision to dismiss Mr Garvey's summons.

Today, Mr Garvey sought permission from the High Court to have Judge Lindsay's decision judicially reviewed.

He claims that Judge Lindsay failed to give reasons why his case was being dismissed, which he submits he is obliged to do.

The application was heard by Mr Justice Michael Peart who told Mr Garvey that he would consider the legal documents he submitted in his application and would give his decision next week.
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

Ard-Rí

Get over it, build for the future.

Barney Allen wasn't going to give a replay for €10, 000 ... or any amount of fish.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-b41ELFlg8
Ar son Éireann Gaelaí

Jinxy

Jinxy

From the Bunker

Jinxy

armaghniac

QuoteLook at Mary McAleese there, laughing her head off.

Mary McAleese's bridge spans Louth and Meath.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

rodney trotter

Jinxy

Quote from: sandwiches_in_the_boot on July 16, 2010, 07:16:12 PM
Has anyone brought up the fact that Sludden was given a 85% rating for his performance on Sunday?

I always wondered what he lost the 15% for.

omagh_gael

Quote from: From the Bunker on July 09, 2013, 11:22:17 PM
A remorseful Sheridan with the Cup.

Check out the CIA agent over Joe's right shoulder, he must have had €20 on Louth.

thejuice

It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Jinxy