Senior:
Sligo vs. Roscommon
Referee: Jimmy White, (Donegal).
Throw In: 4pm

Ticket Prices:

Stand- €35

Sideline seating- €25

Children €5 (Under 16)

Students and OAP's can get refund of €10 with valid ID at designated stile.

Tickets can be sourced from;

Connacht GAA Office

Address: Clare Street, Ballyhaunis, Co. Mayo

Ph: (094) 9630335

Email: reception.connacht@gaa.ie

www.connachtgaa.ie

Sligo County Board

address: Sligo GAA Office, Humbert Street, Tubbercurry, Co. Sligo.

email: administrator.sligo@gaa.ie

phone: 071-9120632

www.sligogaa.ie

Roscommon County Board

address: 5-6 Castle View, Roscommon

email: administrator.roscommon@gaa.ie

phone: (090) 6627176

www.gaaroscommon.ie

Galway County Board

address: Pearse Stadium, Salthill, Galway.

email: administrator.galway@gaa.ie

phone: 091)862500

www.galwaygaa.ie

Mayo County Board

Address: McHale Park, Castlebar, Co. Mayo.

Email secretary.mayo@gaa.ie

Office number: 094-9543035

www.mayogaa.com

Tickets also available from clubs in the competing counties.
Tickets can also be sourced from www.ticketmaster.ie

Tickets will also be on sale at selected Supervalu outlets in the competing counties, details to be posted on the website on Wednesday 7th July.

http://www.connachtgaa.ie/news.php?storyid=442&s=rss&cat=5

Isn't that the guy that rode Galway in the Wexford match?

Saying that I would prefer an outside referee for the minor match. Mr. Hunt looked very biased in a game with a Mayo team I witnessed earlier this year.
just as well jimmy white is a famous snooker player cos God knows how the rossies would come out of the dressing rooms if he was a pool player

Quote from: ross4life on July 14, 2010, 03:58:23 PM
The next guy that uses the Quote spuds originally posted is gonna get a good kick up the arse

Come and have a go if you think you're hard enough ;D

You'll get a box off him for that.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

ross4life

Be careful what you ask for... redandgreensniper  ;)

Sunday is for sure Historic final

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1947
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1947_in_Ireland (some interesting birth's)

1947 also had historic final, Polo Grounds, New York where Cavan beat Kerry in the All Ireland final

* Edit you Mayo boyos are trying to get me to lose my composure   :-*
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Mano

Quote from: ross4life on July 14, 2010, 04:29:38 PM
Quote from: spuds on July 14, 2010, 04:03:26 PM
kilbride a big loss did IIRC he was an injury worry before Mayo game last year too but played ?
whats the story will seamie o neill ?

Kilbride was selected to play v mayo last year but pulled out injured before the game.. Cathal McHugh took his place & missed two great goal chances! only 7 of this team started the game in Castlebar last year

O' Neill is two stone heavier.. still plays for his club where he struggles to beat the average pub/club player big fall from grace for a player that once dominated the like Dara O'Shea & Kevin Walsh in Midfield
The greatest display of fielding i ever witnessed was by O'Neill against Galway in 2001 including a spectacular one handed catch.
He should still be involved with Roscommon - i have seen Finneran playing a few times and he doesn't impress. Roscommon seem to have dispensed with the services of too many of their experienced players over the last number of years. There are not many retained from the last time Sligo met Roscommon in 2007.

moysider

I ve never been so unfamiliar with a Ros team - ever. Ok I recognise most of the names but I can only put a face on a few of them.

Rossfan

Quote from: Mano on July 15, 2010, 01:38:59 PM
He should still be involved with Roscommon - i have seen Finneran playing a few times and he doesn't impress. Roscommon seem to have dispensed with the services of too many of their experienced players over the last number of years. There are not many retained from the last time Sligo met Roscommon in 2007.

Seamie wasnt in a position to commit to Ros this year as opposed to dispensing with his services.
Our problem is we have so few decent players in the 23-30 age group which backbones most teams.
A legacy from some awful under age teams in the early years of the century who got some awful hammerings from Galway and Mwr.
Finneran and Dineen are not County players, McDermott is not a defender, Casey is a wreck, Heneghan is Heneghan  ::), Cregg ...the County awaits ,Rogers is middlin, Purcell isnt really a defender so you're down to the 5 off the 2006 minors plus Mannion.
Jasus re reading that looks like we're in for a shockin batin. :-[
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

ross matt

Quote from: Mano on July 15, 2010, 01:38:59 PM
Quote from: ross4life on July 14, 2010, 04:29:38 PM
Quote from: spuds on July 14, 2010, 04:03:26 PM
kilbride a big loss did IIRC he was an injury worry before Mayo game last year too but played ?
whats the story will seamie o neill ?

Kilbride was selected to play v mayo last year but pulled out injured before the game.. Cathal McHugh took his place & missed two great goal chances! only 7 of this team started the game in Castlebar last year

O' Neill is two stone heavier.. still plays for his club where he struggles to beat the average pub/club player big fall from grace for a player that once dominated the like Dara O'Shea & Kevin Walsh in Midfield
The greatest display of fielding i ever witnessed was by O'Neill against Galway in 2001 including a spectacular one handed catch.
Agree Mano. The one handed catch in particular was one of the most spectacular fetches I've ever seen on a GAA pitch. He also kicked 2 points from long distance in every one of those championship matches that year. Powerfully strong which he went out to prove too often by holding on to the ball so that opponents could hop off him. If he stuck to catching and kicking he would have been unbeatable. He's only 28. Sad that he's not out there Sunday in a Connacht Final but just faded away these last few years.

ross4life

Seems with Roscommon players once you reach mid 20s your finished, Frankie Dolan, O' Neill, Grehan, the Three Lohan's all gone by 26/27 if these guys where Sligo/leitrim men they would have played longer

I can't understand why we have to make 7/8 changes to the team every year? how do you expect to have a settled team if this happens

The like's Peter Domican, Stephen Ormsby,David Keenan, Paul Garvey, Cathal Gregg,Donal Shine,David O' Gara, Kevin Higgins,Cathal Shine are all 23 or under

Most of these players won't peak for another 2/3 years... E.G David Kelly at 20 is a different player today at 24

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

RedandGreenSniper

Bump!

Connacht Final thread gone off the first page, not good!

If we were in it, that wouldn't happen, we could never be accussed of talking a bad game!
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

ross4life

Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on July 15, 2010, 11:38:19 PM
Bump!

If we were in it, that wouldn't happen, we could never be accussed of talking a bad game!

Rossfan & myself are trying our best to keep this thread going as Sligonian has gone AWOL  :P

RedandGreenSniper

Quote from: ross4life on July 16, 2010, 12:04:19 AM
Bump!

Rossfan & myself are trying our best to keep this thread going as Sligonian has gone AWOL  :P

Think he's in the depths of Tyrone trying to hunt down Martin Sludden!
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

moysider

Bump!

Maybe so Sniper, but I'm glad we're not in it. We have been a mess since 06 and we are as well out of it. Hopefully by championship 2011 we will have a team.

I'm looking forward to this one, and would have attended even if our minors weren't playing. This is our provincal final and they are a big deal as far as I am concerned. I think one thing the Battle of the Boyne showed the last day is that provincial titles still do matter - especially if teams don't (like Louth) win them often. This game can do Ros a lot of good if they can be thereabouts. You can't rule out a Ros win but Sligo have to be ruthless. The likes of Sloyane, Taylor and O Hara know that Sligo are the best in the West right now and know they must win when they are on top. They have dispatched Mayo and Galway and should have easier. They cant afford to give up this opportunity. I mean 2 Connachts in 4 years would be the best we ve ever seen from Sligo. They probably should have won at least 1 more the last 10 years in what has probably been the best period for Sligo football since the early 70s. The future for Sligo looks bright with good underage coming through. But there are no wins guaranteed for all that. As most counties discover, some warriors only come along once in a lifetime. Eamonn O Hara is one of those. He will be hard replaced. Sligo need to win as much as they can while he is around. I d put him in the top few influential players that I ve seen in any team.

SLIGONIAN

Sligo Team not from an official source is Greene, Harrison, McGuire, Donovan, J Davey, Phillips, Cawley, Gilmartin, Taylor, Costello, Breheny, O Hara, McGee, Marren, Kelly.

I can see on all the boards and the Roscommon folk trying to convince themselves into winning frame of mind, but its one thing thinking your going to win and another knowing your going to win.

"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

ross matt

Quote from: moysider on July 16, 2010, 12:37:26 AM
Bump!

Maybe so Sniper, but I'm glad we're not in it. We have been a mess since 06 and we are as well out of it. Hopefully by championship 2011 we will have a team.

I'm looking forward to this one, and would have attended even if our minors weren't playing. This is our provincal final and they are a big deal as far as I am concerned. I think one thing the Battle of the Boyne showed the last day is that provincial titles still do matter - especially if teams don't (like Louth) win them often. This game can do Ros a lot of good if they can be thereabouts. You can't rule out a Ros win but Sligo have to be ruthless. The likes of Sloyane, Taylor and O Hara know that Sligo are the best in the West right now and know they must win when they are on top. They have dispatched Mayo and Galway and should have easier. They cant afford to give up this opportunity. I mean 2 Connachts in 4 years would be the best we ve ever seen from Sligo. They probably should have won at least 1 more the last 10 years in what has probably been the best period for Sligo football since the early 70s. The future for Sligo looks bright with good underage coming through. But there are no wins guaranteed for all that. As most counties discover, some warriors only come along once in a lifetime. Eamonn O Hara is one of those. He will be hard replaced. Sligo need to win as much as they can while he is around. I d put him in the top few influential players that I ve seen in any team.
Yeah that would be my take on this match also and its a good assessment of Sligo except to say they're not as dependant on O'Hara as they used to be. Much more balanced than they were in '07. Pity the final has'nt gotten more media coverage. Todays indo was poor. The Leinster final saga definitely over shadowed it during the week. I think it will be an open refreshing match. I certainly hope so anyway. Sadly though Sligo by at least 4 but hopefully some honour and hope for the qualifiers for Ross.

ross matt

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on July 16, 2010, 01:08:35 AM
Sligo Team not from an official source is Greene, Harrison, McGuire, Donovan, J Davey, Phillips, Cawley, Gilmartin, Taylor, Costello, Breheny, O Hara, McGee, Marren, Kelly.

I can see on all the boards and the Roscommon folk trying to convince themselves into winning frame of mind, but its one thing thinking your going to win and another knowing your going to win.
I hope it stays fine for ya Sligonian. Pride before a fall and all that. You'd imagine decades in the doldrums woud have given you a bit more class and humility. Anyway enjoy the gloating. What comes around goes around and thats double for you.

ross4life

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on July 16, 2010, 01:08:35 AM

Still awaiting your reply over on stolensheep, is there such a thing as "knowing your going to win"

Once you choose hope, anything's possible