CONNACHT FINAL ROS v SLIGO 18th July 2010

Started by Rossfan, June 28, 2010, 08:42:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fuzzman

A friend has got tickets for here for Sunday.
Anyone got a layout plan or where are these seats?

SIDE5
UNRESERVED SEATING
SIDELINE

Tubberman

Quote from: Fuzzman on July 13, 2010, 10:37:22 AM
A friend has got tickets for here for Sunday.
Anyone got a layout plan or where are these seats?

SIDE5
UNRESERVED SEATING
SIDELINE

Anywhere apart from the stand I think
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

ross4life

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Rossfan

Quote from: ross matt on July 12, 2010, 11:54:42 PM
Roscommon's physicality is a lazy myth. They havent been physical for years. Sligo are muuch the harder outfit in this regard.

I dont know why this myth persists at all.
Was talking to a Cyaaaavan man today and he was on about " Ye'd have a good big team I suppose".
Anything but .
Hopefully White will protect our ladeens from the expected physical onslaught by the Sligos.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

ross4life

Sligo half forward line are like monsters compared to our half back line, Lack of fitness & pace is a worry for our team too

For those that don't already know..

The losers will have to play the following weekend v possibly Armagh,Cork,Derry or Down

The winners will play a Quarter final on the Weekend of July 31st Aug 1st

So two huge games ahead for both teams

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

ross matt

Quote from: Rossfan on July 13, 2010, 06:05:10 PM
Roscommon's physicality is a lazy myth. They havent been physical for years. Sligo are muuch the harder outfit in this regard.

Was talking to a Cyaaaavan man today and he was on about " Ye'd have a good big team I suppose".
Anything but .
Hopefully White will protect our ladeens from the expected physical onslaught by the Sligos.
Throw back to the likes of Earley (RIP), Lindsay, Keegan etc in 70/80s. In 90/91 you had the likes of Doorey, Killoran, Newton etc and then the 01 side had Grehan, Fergie, O'Neill, Dineen etc. So most of the successful Ross sides had big tough men I guess but those days are well gone now.

Beard

Quote from: ross matt on July 13, 2010, 07:49:39 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on July 13, 2010, 06:05:10 PM

Anything but .
Throw back to the likes of Earley (RIP), Lindsay, Keegan etc in 70/80s. In 90/91 you had the likes of Doorey, Killoran, Newton etc and then the 01 side had Grehan, Fergie, O'Neill, Dineen etc. So most of the successful Ross sides had big tough men I guess but those days are well gone now.

Thats very true Matt, I'd say it could even be a throw back to earlier times when Ros had the likes of Eamonn Boland and Gerry O'Malley. Those were the days when agricultural labour developed big strong men.

Today it's about weights work, proper diet etc. You look at the physicality of the Cork team which is not far off what would be expected of an allireland league rugby team. We don't have much other sports to bounce off in Ros so we seem to be a bit slow in terms of developing players who have the phyiscality, combined with the mobility, to compete at the highest level.

Sligo, from what I have seen, would appear to be a couple of years ahead of us in terms of strength and conditioning.

moysider

Looking forward to this one. Got my tickets this morning. Last Sligo/Ros game I was at was one of the most enjoyable games I ve ever attended anyway - but there is no Cake this time around.

If we win the minor it ll be a great day anyway. To be honest I m glad our seniors are gone. They have been a pain in the hole the last few years and are best out of sight and out of mind until they decide to get their act together and decide that they re a football team.

Best of luck to both senior teams. Roscommon have to be given a puncher's chance. The abject form of Mayo and Galway in recent weeks does put a doubt over their achievements in the championship so far.

IolarCoisCuain

Ross certainly have a puncher's chance. Sligo are the quality of Connacht this year but goals are quare men in Gaelic games. Spot of direct football, chaos in the square, a good goal and a handy one, Shine keeping the scoreboard ticking over - I'll tell you, stranger things have happened.

Who's the ref?

spuds

Connacht Football Championship Final 2010

Connacht Football Championship Final 2010
Sunday 18th July 2010
Venue: MacHale Park, Castlebar

Minor:
Galway vs. Mayo
Referee: Declan Hunt, (Roscommon).
Throw In: 1.30pm

Senior:
Sligo vs. Roscommon
Referee: Jimmy White, (Donegal).
Throw In: 4pm

Ticket Prices:

Stand- €35

Sideline seating- €25

Children €5 (Under 16)

Students and OAP's can get refund of €10 with valid ID at designated stile.

Tickets can be sourced from;

Connacht GAA Office

Address: Clare Street, Ballyhaunis, Co. Mayo

Ph: (094) 9630335

Email: reception.connacht@gaa.ie

www.connachtgaa.ie

Sligo County Board

address: Sligo GAA Office, Humbert Street, Tubbercurry, Co. Sligo.

email: administrator.sligo@gaa.ie

phone: 071-9120632

www.sligogaa.ie

Roscommon County Board

address: 5-6 Castle View, Roscommon

email: administrator.roscommon@gaa.ie

phone: (090) 6627176

www.gaaroscommon.ie

Galway County Board

address: Pearse Stadium, Salthill, Galway.

email: administrator.galway@gaa.ie

phone: 091)862500

www.galwaygaa.ie

Mayo County Board

Address: McHale Park, Castlebar, Co. Mayo.

Email secretary.mayo@gaa.ie

Office number: 094-9543035

www.mayogaa.com

Tickets also available from clubs in the competing counties.
Tickets can also be sourced from www.ticketmaster.ie

Tickets will also be on sale at selected Supervalu outlets in the competing counties, details to be posted on the website on Wednesday 7th July.

http://www.connachtgaa.ie/news.php?storyid=442&s=rss&cat=5
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

spuds

John Hubbard

magpie seanie

It won't be sold out. I think Castlebar holds well over 30,000 and it would amaze me if there are over 20,000 at it. Depends how many locals go to support their minors. There will hardly be 300 Galway supporters.

spuds

guaranteed not to be sold out but why ticketmaster have none left/ for sale is strange
mchale holds about the 40,000 mark which i think will never be got
John Hubbard

Rossfan

Ros team ...no changes on first 15, Fintan on bench --

Geoffrey Claffey Caisléan Riabhach

Sean McDermott Gaeil an Iarthair
Peter Domican (C) Naomh Bríd
Stephen Ormsby Naomh Faithleach

Sean Purcell Mainistir na Buile
Cathal Dineen Caisléan Riabhach
David Casey Mainistir na Buile

Michael Finneran Naomh Dominic
Karol Mannion Naomh Bríd

David Keenan Naomh Bearraí
Paul Garvey Cill Mór
Cathal Cregg Gaeil an Iarthair

John Rogers Beal na Buillí
Donal Shine Clann na nGael
Ger Heneghan Caisléan Riabhach

Mark Miley Naomh Dominic
John Dunning Clann na nGael
David OGara Gaeil Ros Comáin
Kevin Higgins Gaeil an Iarthair
John Nolan Gaeil Ros Comáin
Ian Kilbride Naomh Bríd
Ronan Brady Ail Finn
Terence Kelly Naomh Aodhán
Enda Kenny Caisléan Riabhach
Martin Reynolds Naomh Faithleach
Darragh Hussey Naomh Faithleach
Colm Garvey Cill Mór
Diarmuid Carney Cill Mór
Cathal Shine Clann na nGael
Fintan Cregg Ail Finn

Bainisteoir: FergalO'Donnell

Roghnóirí: StephenBohan, Mark Dowd, Declan Hoare.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: magpie seanie on July 14, 2010, 11:15:33 AM
It won't be sold out. I think Castlebar holds well over 30,000 and it would amaze me if there are over 20,000 at it. Depends how many locals go to support their minors. There will hardly be 300 Galway supporters.

I think its 42,000 All-Seater. They where going to add another 3,000-4,000 to the back of the Albany Stand, they certainly won't need that for a long time.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.