USFC Final 2010, Clones, Sunday 18th July: Tír Eoghain vs Muineachán

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, June 20, 2010, 05:15:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrandMasterFlash

Quote from: Main Street on June 29, 2010, 01:23:40 PM
With all the talk on only needing 2nd and 3rd gear,
could it be that 4th gear looks like this?

Is that 'blue' lube you have on there Main? maybe that's the secret..  ;)

lynchbhoy

I fear for Monaghan in the ulster final. Mickey harte will have a big ambush set up and will have tyrone snuff out all the Aces Monaghan have used in their play thus far this year.
Once Tyrone got up and running they shut down Down completley. It was savagely done.
Monaghans counter attacking game wont know what to do when they are encouraged forward by the usual Tyrone tactics and Hartes master planning.
Beating an armagh team that had peaked for the league final and beating a Derry side that made france look like the harlem globetrotters in their togetherness was no test.

Tyrone are timing their run through ulster to take in the final and then after that plateau, start the climb for the summit.
While I think they could beat kerry, I'm not so sure they could take Cork.
Monaghan are no cork!
Tyronies by 8 points .

Main Street

Lynchbhoy, nobody here has mentioned that beating Derry had even happened, never mind an event of any significance,
not even beating Tyrone (sure who didn't beat them?)  in the league has any significance.

We haven't gone through the gears yet never mind revved high enough to tickle  the turbo charge into action, been stuck in cruise controlt in all the test runs  ;D
But, if not your vote, I'm sure we at least have your good will.

tyroneman

Read something on HS about big Sean being injury doubt for final -nany truth in this?

longrunsthefox

They won't need him and best to err on the side of caution and if there are any doubts about Sean's fitness hold him for the quarter-final.

Schkite

Quote from: longrunsthefox on June 29, 2010, 10:17:02 PM
They won't need him and best to err on the side of caution and if there are any doubts about Sean's fitness hold him for the quarter-final.

:D Aye sure why not rest all the big men and give the minors a run out!

Tyrones own

Jaysus I must have missed the game this year where Tyrone have put in a decent 70 mins
of football to warrant this kind of confidence :-\
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

Redhand Santa

Taped the Monaghan game on Sunday and watched tonight. To be honest its hard to see Monaghan winning after watching that. They've  or 6 decent players who would probably make the Tyrone squad but there's 3 or 4 players who'd be lucky to feature in the top 50 players in Tyrone. That's no disrespect to Monaghan who are an improving team and give there all but just don't think they have enough.

orangeman

Quote from: Redhand Santa on June 29, 2010, 10:57:34 PM
Taped the Monaghan game on Sunday and watched tonight. To be honest its hard to see Monaghan winning after watching that. They've  or 6 decent players who would probably make the Tyrone squad but there's 3 or 4 players who'd be lucky to feature in the top 50 players in Tyrone. That's no disrespect to Monaghan who are an improving team and give there all but just don't think they have enough.

You'd be struggling to get 6 Monaghan players who you would definitely make the Tyrone side.

The Monaghan lads are all workers with the odd footballer threw in. Tyrone have 15 ball players. Tyrone to win by at least 6 points.

Redhand Santa

It is a home draw for Monaghan and they will find it easier to get motivated than Tyrone which will both work in their favour. That's why I'd give them a slight chance. Not sure why Paddy Power has the betting so close though, I'd say there's a few Tyrone posters here who will be out to make a few pound.

orangeman

Quote from: Redhand Santa on June 29, 2010, 11:29:38 PM
It is a home draw for Monaghan and they will find it easier to get motivated than Tyrone which will both work in their favour. That's why I'd give them a slight chance. Not sure why Paddy Power has the betting so close though, I'd say there's a few Tyrone posters here who will be out to make a few pound.

Tyrone will be very short odds. Filll your boots on Tyrone !!!

ardmhachaabu

After some of the arrogance and complete bullshit I have read in this thread, I sincerely hope Monaghan whip Tieyerown by 15 points  ;D
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

Zapatista

Quote from: hardstation on June 29, 2010, 11:52:31 PM
Quote from: ardmhachaabu on June 29, 2010, 11:44:13 PM
After some of the arrogance and complete bullshit I have read in this thread, I sincerely hope Monaghan whip Tieyerown by 15 points  ;D
I'm sure you would love Monaghan to 'whip' Tyrone even if there had been no 'arrogance and complete bullshit' but why '15 points'?

Post macth he can say he wasn't serious. Get out clause.

sandwiches_in_the_boot

Let's stop being silly and be serious for a minute...

Who will Monaghan want to avoid in the qualifiers?
"A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin."
H. L. Mencken

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: hardstation on June 29, 2010, 11:52:31 PM
Quote from: ardmhachaabu on June 29, 2010, 11:44:13 PM
I'm sure you would love Monaghan to 'whip' Tyrone even if there had been no 'arrogance and complete bullshit' but why '15 points'?
It's more than 12  :D
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something