USFC Final 2010, Clones, Sunday 18th July: Tír Eoghain vs Muineachán

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, June 20, 2010, 05:15:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrandMasterFlash

Quote from: nrico2006 on June 28, 2010, 03:55:04 PM
The more I think about it, the less I worry from a Tyrone point of view.

People are talking about this big, strong, skillful and powerful side that has reached the Ulster Final, and I still can't get my head around the fact that they are talking about Monaghan.  There are alot of miles on the clock for alot of the Monaghan players, and with the like of Tommy Freeman past his best and Finlay only good for a free or two who will carry their scoring burden?  Has the like of big Dick enough mobility to keep up with the dynamic Tyrone midfield and will Tyrone stop playing at half time like they did in 2007 to give the fans their moneys worth?

I hope Mickey Harte uses a simllar crude analogy of the Monaghan team and their ability as you do Nrico..  ;)

Zapatista

Quote from: GrandMasterFlash on June 28, 2010, 05:35:17 PM
I hope Mickey Harte uses a simllar crude analogy of the Monaghan team and their ability as you do Nrico..  ;)

I doubt it. Harte doesn't do crude. He would probably put it better while keeping with the opinion.

Looking back at last year Tyrone won Ulster at a canter. They were barley cahllenged apart from the odd purple patch here and there. I think this years championship looks similar. I wouldn't be surprised if Tyrone didn't have to get out of third gear to win this final.

omagh_gael

Quote from: Zapatista on June 28, 2010, 06:44:20 PM
Quote from: GrandMasterFlash on June 28, 2010, 05:35:17 PM

I doubt it. Harte doesn't do crude. He would probably put it better while keeping with the opinion.

Looking back at last year Tyrone won Ulster at a canter. They were barley cahllenged apart from the odd purple patch here and there. I think this years championship looks similar. I wouldn't be surprised if Tyrone didn't have to get out of third gear to win this final.

Will they really need to reach third gear? Second will surely suffice!

Redhand Santa

The arrogance of some Tyrone posters is starting to annoy me (I'm not referring to Omagh Gaels joke in last post). The current Monaghan team deserve a lot of respect and won't be easily defeated in the final especially as its their second final in last 3 years now. They've some great footballers like Finlay,McManus,Freemans,Clerkin etc and could easily beat Tyrone.

sammymaguire

second final in 4 years, Tyrone rightly confident with their third final in 4 years but this Monaghan team has more steel than in many a recent year

2007 Monaghan v Tyrone
2008 Fermanagh v Armagh
2009 Tyrone v Antrim
2010 Tyrone v Monaghan
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

comethekingdom

I think Tyrone shouldn't be complacent about this one. They havent really clicked into gear yet. Monaghan on the other hand have done well so far, the only worry for their supporters is the too early peaking syndrome.

Norf Tyrone

Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

omagh_gael

Zapatista

Quote from: comethekingdom on June 28, 2010, 09:31:01 PM
I think Tyrone shouldn't be complacent about this one. They havent really clicked into gear yet. Monaghan on the other hand have done well so far, the only worry for their supporters is the too early peaking syndrome.

That's the point. There has been no need for Tyrone to click into gear in Ulster in 09 and so far this year.

Redhand Santa

Quote from: Zapatista on June 28, 2010, 11:05:55 PM
Quote from: comethekingdom on June 28, 2010, 09:31:01 PM

That's the point. There has been no need for Tyrone to click into gear in Ulster in 09 and so far this year.

That's easy to say but when Tyrone needed to click into gear v Cork last year they couldn't. The Monaghan match looks like Tyrone's toughest game in Ulster since defeated in 2008 by Down.

Zapatista

Quote from: Redhand Santa on June 28, 2010, 11:14:12 PM

That's easy to say but when Tyrone needed to click into gear v Cork last year they couldn't. The Monaghan match looks like Tyrone's toughest game in Ulster since defeated in 2008 by Down.

You're absolutly spot on, that was easy to say. Again my point was that Tyrone didn't need to kick into gear in Ulster. If Monaghan can ask that of them then we might be facing a problem but I don't think they will.

longrunsthefox

Having giving it some consideration and accepting the power of Monaghan, I have to conclude that Tyrone will win handy enough. Easy-peasy-lemon-squeezy  8)   

Fuzzman

Unlike O'Neill and a few other Tyroneites on here I am a firm believer of positive mental attitude at all times
However, I just don't see where Monaghan are getting their optimism from.

Yeah sure they've beat Armagh & Derry a few times in the last few years & they held Kerry close in 2007 but like c'mon who are they kidding. Its all about winning the big matches. Getting over the finish line and not just having  moral victory.
Not since the days of Nudie Hughes has a Monaghan team looked like winning an Ulster.

At least wee James said at the end of the Down game that Tyrone were just toying with us in the second half. I think adding Grimley to the Monaghan backroom team has helped add more steel to a very skillful, silky outfit that too often enough depended on playing too nicey nicey football rather than getting stuck in and out muscling their opponents the way the Kerrys, Corks & Tyrone have been doing of late

I'm sure I will have egg on my face come 5pm on Sunday 18th July but for the life of me I just can't see where they will outscore this Tyrone team.
It could be a good game to get a few of the young lads a run out like Coney if Peter & Plunkett are away that weekend.

donelli

***Prices for this Fixture are confirmed as follows:***

Gerry Arthurs Covered Stand - €30
Gerry Arthurs Uncovered Stand - €25
Gerry Arthurs Uncovered Stand Senior Citizen  - €18

Family Tickets are available in the Eastern Stand and the Pat McGrane Stand at the following rates:
Uncovered Stand Adult - €25
Uncovered Stand Juvenille - €5

Hill and O Duffy Terrace:
Terrace - €18

mackers

Quote from: Fuzzman on June 29, 2010, 12:28:36 AM
Unlike O'Neill and a few other Tyroneites on here I am a firm believer of positive mental attitude at all times
However, I just don't see where Monaghan are getting their optimism from.

Yeah sure they've beat Armagh & Derry a few times in the last few years & they held Kerry close in 2007 but like c'mon who are they kidding. Its all about winning the big matches. Getting over the finish line and not just having  moral victory.
Not since the days of Nudie Hughes has a Monaghan team looked like winning an Ulster.

At least wee James said at the end of the Down game that Tyrone were just toying with us in the second half. I think adding Grimley to the Monaghan backroom team has helped add more steel to a very skillful, silky outfit that too often enough depended on playing too nicey nicey football rather than getting stuck in and out muscling their opponents the way the Kerrys, Corks & Tyrone have been doing of late

I'm sure I will have egg on my face come 5pm on Sunday 18th July but for the life of me I just can't see where they will outscore this Tyrone team.
It could be a good game to get a few of the young lads a run out like Coney if Peter & Plunkett are away that weekend.

[/quote

I presume you're on the wind up.........the most impressive thing about Monaghan this year is the move away from the Rambo tactics that have blighted their performances over the last number of years.  Dunno whether it's all down to Grimley or not but it's a hell of a coincidence that they are playing with a lot more discipline and a lot more offensively since he has come in.
Monaghan will give Tyrone a hell of a game, the only doubt that I have is that they haven't been in a close match and the two stuffings that they have handed out so far will be of no benefit to them on the 18th of July.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.