USFC Final 2010, Clones, Sunday 18th July: Tír Eoghain vs Muineachán

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, June 20, 2010, 05:15:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maguire01

Quote from: The Konica on July 20, 2010, 07:24:56 PM
On a more serious note ... how old that Brolly one that sang on Sunday?  ;D

Not a half bad singer at all.

At least she didn't butcher it like many's a one has over the years.

Thought it was brutal myself.

The Konica

Quote from: Maguire01 on July 20, 2010, 07:31:16 PM

Come on Maguire, there's been some shocking stuff at Clones over the years - that was good Sunday.

Maguire01

Quote from: The Konica on July 20, 2010, 07:34:05 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on July 20, 2010, 07:31:16 PM

Come on Maguire, there's been some shocking stuff at Clones over the years - that was good Sunday.
She can sing alright - it was just far too elaborate - overcooked.
Just leave it with the band.

The Konica

I know what you mean but I didn't think it was too bad that way, I've heard some shocking ones - some you'd think it was X-Factor they were auditioning for.

Is she in a band?

ExiledGael

Have to agree with Maguire here, overcooked in the extreme.
Voice maybe too strong for that job.

ExiledGael

tyrone86

There was possibly a slight timing issue between her and the band  but I didn't think it wasn't too bad.

On a related note - in terms of her singing voice, she sounds exactly like her ma.

The Konica

Quote from: tyrone86 on July 20, 2010, 08:08:32 PM
There was possibly a slight timing issue between her and the band  but I didn't think it wasn't too bad.

On a related note - in terms of her singing voice, she sounds exactly like her ma.
How old is she then?
;D

Main Street

I see Mickey Harte took exception to the lack of respect shown to Tyrone this year. Banty saying prematch, that Tyrone were the best team in Ulster in his lifetime, apparently only added fuel to the fire. Mickey was downright insulted with that putdown comment, he was almost heard responding 'we are the best in anyone's lifetime'.

ONeill

Still blown away by that performance. We'll look back on this band of players in a decade or so and really appreciate how feckin good they were. Unfortunately, with the recent success, it's hard to fully enjoy an Ulster title the way you would've in the 80s and 90s. Halfway through the second half you're mulling over the possible quarter-finalists and wondering if they can maintain that performance for another 3 games. Well I am anyway.

There's still an awful more to come from the class of '10. Sean Cavanagh, Stevie O'Neill, the McGuigans - you're waiting for them to catch fire. Sorting out a scoring FF line. Who'll be corner back next. Monaghan's reaction to this will be interesting. I think they'll be hurting in a way that Banty'll use to good effect.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Hereiam

I hope they do oneill but I do remember on this board last year people going on about tyrone not hittin top gear yet and other teams better waych out when they do. As we all know tyrone never found that gear and were dumped out by cork, This group of players might be playin now at it full potential, I would love SON to shine this year in the championship but I don't see it happening, the man's legs are wrecked. Mickey knows this and that why he is looking for the half back line to surge forward and take their scores.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Hereiam on July 20, 2010, 10:05:45 PM
I hope they do oneill but I do remember on this board last year people going on about tyrone not hittin top gear yet and other teams better waych out when they do. As we all know tyrone never found that gear and were dumped out by cork, This group of players might be playin now at it full potential, I would love SON to shine this year in the championship but I don't see it happening, the man's legs are wrecked. Mickey knows this and that why he is looking for the half back line to surge forward and take their scores.

Yeah, but we took it easy in the League this year, so easy that we're relegated  ;)

That had the added advantage though, of not just resting the more established players, but also to give the newbies a chance to accustom themselves to the level and intensity, and some of those have indeed grown into their roles (see Colm Cav for example).
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...