USFC Final 2010, Clones, Sunday 18th July: Tír Eoghain vs Muineachán

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, June 20, 2010, 05:15:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hereiam

I don't think we will do it this year, its hard to say this but mickey needs to retire SON, Brian Dooher & ricey. They have done well for the county but there are better players sittin on the bench and Tyrone still have enough experienced players on the pitch to lead them on.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Tyrone Dreamer

I agree and Gormley,Jordan,Hughes and McGinley as well. Sure there's better players not even on the squad than these boys. Once you hit 28 you should be retired.

Shadylimp

Quote from: Fuzzman on July 19, 2010, 02:20:43 PM
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=16561.225

Was very disappointed with Tommy again as he has so much talent but seems lazy and doesnt seem to buy into the team ethic as well as the others. Its almost he's always thinking I have to play myself into this team by getting loads of scores.
To be fair to tommy i think your being very harsh on him here. I thought he played well the other day and had a hand in a lot of scores, especially in the first half. Maybe once when he got blocked he should have got a score but otherwise put in a lot of hard work and even forced a couple of turnovers if i remember. The younger cavanagh had a superb game i thought yet certain members on this board still wont admit they were wrong about him and give him more credit than he's getting. If sean played like he had on sunday he would get more praise. As for the super omagh lads, wow! Two brilliant footballers who just keep getting better.
'Oh honey I didn't get drunk. I just went into a strange fantasy world'

tyroneboi

The two McMahon boys are absolutely super footballers. Finally Joe seems to be getting the credit from outside of Tyrone that he deserves this year. It does beg the question who is better? Justin or Joe?

Zapatista

Quote from: tyroneboi on July 20, 2010, 11:00:52 PM
The two McMahon boys are absolutely super footballers. Finally Joe seems to be getting the credit from outside of Tyrone that he deserves this year. It does beg the question who is better? Justin or Joe?

True.

I will say though that there are a few on the team that could do Joe's job well (although he is prob the best man for the job) while not too many could do FB the way Justy does.

Redhand Santa

I'm not being smart but was there an arguement here earlier in the year that Sean Kelly was a better player than Phily Jordan? Thought I remembered reading it. Good to see him back playing well, a key member of the team. A lot of people had written him off but still well worth his place.

Zapatista

Cde

EC Unique

Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on July 20, 2010, 10:36:29 PM
I agree and Gormley,Jordan,Hughes and McGinley as well. Sure there's better players not even on the squad than these boys. Once you hit 28 you should be retired.

Good job our All-Ireland winning captains of 03,05&08 did not go by that rule!! I take it you are joking?

under the bar

QuoteI don't think we will do it this year, its hard to say this but mickey needs to retire SON, Brian Dooher & ricey. They have done well for the county but there are better players sittin on the bench and Tyrone still have enough experienced players on the pitch to lead them on.

You forgot to add something "better players sittin on the bench in your opinion"

I think Mickey knows who is best to win championship games for him. 

The puerile rants on this board are unbeleiveable at times.  Can the mods not come up with some sort of test of intelligence before handing out permits to post?

Main Street

Quote from: EC Unique on July 21, 2010, 09:50:35 AM

Good job our All-Ireland winning captains of 03,05&08 did not go by that rule!! I take it you are joking?
Did ye win 3 AIs, I thought it was only 2?

This year, apart from his ability, you can't discount the sympathy factor that Dooher generates. Near the end of the Ulster Final when Dooher was on the receiving end of some physicality, even I was thinking 'ah shucks, now we are beating up on the old man'.

nrico2006

Quote from: EC Unique on July 21, 2010, 09:50:35 AM

Think he was being sarcastic in response to Hereiam's remarks.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Wee Roddy

Zap are you serious about Sean O'Neill being better than Philly Jordan? O'Neill is a brilliant footballer but he is not in Jordan league yet I would say. I have watched him on a number of occasions and I think he lacks postional sense at the minute to be a top class defender