Longford v Mayo 26th June

Started by Redgreenery, June 13, 2010, 09:31:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Quote from: GaillimhIarthair on June 30, 2010, 09:56:43 PM
.  As for Breheney, i wouldnt be paying too much attention to what that fella fills his column inches with at this time of year.  Meandering drivel  most of the time is par for the course with him.

Only most???
I would venture all the bloody time. :D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

According to Eugene McGee Mayo's population is 5 times that of Longford.

Bloody hell Eugene Longford's 34,391 x 5 does not = Mayo's 123,839.

34,391 x 5 = 171,955 not 123,839.

If Eugene is correct however Mayo has 48,116 of untapped resources to look for players from. Not all that bad so lads!
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Rossfan

He must have been adding in the pieces of other counties ye pick from  :D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Rossfan on June 30, 2010, 10:20:42 PM
He must have been adding in the pieces of other counties ye pick from  :D

I was wondering how long it would take ya pick up on it. No wonder Ballaghadeereen is so fought over, its seems its one of the largest cities in Ireland so.  ;)

mrhardyannual

Gearóid the Great is in his final year as an intercounty ref before he has to retire on age grounds. Head of the Comm which appoints refs is one Ml. Curley of the same parish. If Connacht is not in All Ireland Final expect to see the great one in Sept.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: mrhardyannual on June 30, 2010, 10:27:07 PM
Gearóid the Great is in his final year as an intercounty ref before he has to retire on age grounds. Head of the Comm which appoints refs is one Ml. Curley of the same parish. If Connacht is not in All Ireland Final expect to see the great one in Sept.

Sligo for Sam so.

ross4life

When Gearóid started to ref he was suppose to be from Roscommon then the following year it was changed to Galway

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

moysider

Quote from: ross4life on June 30, 2010, 10:44:11 PM
When Gearóid started to ref he was suppose to be from Roscommon then the following year it was changed to Galway

Y re well rid of him anyway. Seriously though, didn t his brother play for Galway?

moysider

Quote from: GaillimhIarthair on June 30, 2010, 06:20:07 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on June 30, 2010, 02:26:36 PM
Quote from: moysider on June 30, 2010, 02:10:17 PM
Quote from: Billys Boots on June 30, 2010, 01:07:19 PM
In fairness lads, we've all had our WTF days with Mr. Kinneavy.

In fairness, there are WTF days and at best he is just plainly inadequate. Rightly or wrongly I believe he was just spiteful and very biased.  >:(  How we ended up with a Galway ref is beyond me.

And a Galway linesman

UP SLIGO  ;D
Well done lads, thats everyone covered now for the defeat in Longford; the county board,the manager, players, linesman and last but not least, the referee. 

If its any consolation to ye poor souls, the worst ref in the country was running the line in Salthill on Sunday and yes, he is a Mayo man!

Seriously? Don't remember seeing Declan Corcoran on the line in Salthill?

ross4life

Quote from: moysider on June 30, 2010, 11:02:09 PM

Y re well rid of him anyway. Seriously though, didn t his brother play for Galway?

Yup but i always wondered why they claimed he was from Roscommon? maybe he lived there for a short time
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

moysider

Quote from: ross4life on June 30, 2010, 11:08:10 PM

Yup but i always wondered why they claimed he was from Roscommon? maybe he lived there for a short time

Maybe they just didn't like him. Seriously though, he should have done something else.

Lar Naparka

Do you remember a Stephen Kinneavy who used to play for Galway some years ago? I can't recall where I heard it but I was told they were brothers.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

moysider

Quote from: Lar Naparka on July 01, 2010, 09:12:44 AM

Do you remember a Stephen Kinneavy who used to play for Galway some years ago? I can't recall where I heard it but I was told they were brothers.

Remember him well. A seriously big fella.

GaillimhIarthair

Quote from: Lar Naparka on July 01, 2010, 09:12:44 AM

Stephen was fullback on the '83 team beaten by the Dubs in the final.  Clonbur would have been his club side in Galway same as Stephen Joyce who was corner forward on that team also.

fearbrags

Gerry  played for Clan na gael in Ros for a few years,  2nd team I think , Maybe he started his ref career in Ros too