Longford v Mayo 26th June

Started by Redgreenery, June 13, 2010, 09:31:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

diehard

I was at the Sligo game. The best that can be said about Andy was that he tried hard which is fair enough but Johnny Davey got the better of him. [/quote]

I was at the Sligo game too.  I thought Andy Moran was first to the ball on most occasions and used his body well to secure possesion.  I dont think Johnny Davey got the better of him although he himself was on the ball quite a bit.  Unfortunately when Andy Moran went to lay off the ball there wasnt much happening.  He had very few options.

macdanger2

Congrats to Longford. Ye beat a poor Mayo side but if ye can build on the confidence generated from this and improve in Newry, it could be a long summer yet.............best of luck to ye

spuds

Quote from: moysider on June 28, 2010, 11:03:13 PM
Higgins getting sent off nullified our fitness advantage and we would have surely won if Higgins had held his discipline. Frustrating as Kinneavey is there is no excuse for what Higgins did.

higgins touched the ball on the ground next thing he got straight red
he say something ? or what
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

moysider

Quote from: spuds on June 30, 2010, 12:14:31 PM
Quote from: moysider on June 28, 2010, 11:03:13 PM
Higgins getting sent off nullified our fitness advantage and we would have surely won if Higgins had held his discipline. Frustrating as Kinneavey is there is no excuse for what Higgins did.

higgins touched the ball on the ground next thing he got straight red
he say something ? or what

Thing that obviously annoyed Higgins was being pushed in the back and falling on the ball. The free should have been the other way so he lost it. Shower that edited the tv highlights hadn't the wit to show the lead up. If there was a bit of fishhooking or a slap thrown they'd show it but incompetent refereeing doesn't appear to be in the public interest.
Keith then must have suggested to GearĂ³id that y'know maybe he 'd be better off doing something else with his whistle. That and returning to the pimeval swamp from which he has apparently just emerged. If Keith was from this parts he would have just told yer man to 'go way from around me will ye, ye bollicks', which would only have been worthy of a yellow. Thats what Harty would have said anyway ;D

spuds

thanks he had to have said something fierce harsh to get the straight red
cannot recall seeing straight red before for guff
gearoid was a thundering disgrace sat night called time after the last rugby tackle at the death
John Hubbard

Billys Boots

In fairness lads, we've all had our WTF days with Mr. Kinneavy.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

spuds

100% not using it as an excuse billy was raging with him sat night
normally say little about refs but the lord himself wouldve been shouting at mr bones in pearse park
best of luck agin the down boys will be shouting for the larries from now on
John Hubbard

moysider

Quote from: Billys Boots on June 30, 2010, 01:07:19 PM

In fairness, there are WTF days and at best he is just plainly inadequate. Rightly or wrongly I believe he was just spiteful and very biased. How we ended up with a Galway ref is beyond me.

Anyway that s neither here nor there. Is cuma liom anois. Maybe that win will do ye some good and maybe in the long run the defeat won't do us any harm. If people cop on. It s time football people in Mayo would take their heads out of their holes - including the players.
Dillons interview shows that nothing was done. Compare his reaction to some of the bullshit interviews given by others earlier in the year. Dillon s interwiew confirmed what a lot of us knew all along - hence our anger and hurt. Nothing was being done to address the poor aspects of winning performances in the league. Players were allowed make the same errors day in, day out. Older players were shown the door before adequate replacements were put in place. 

small white mayoman

Quote from: moysider on June 30, 2010, 02:10:17 PM

In fairness, there are WTF days and at best he is just plainly inadequate. Rightly or wrongly I believe he was just spiteful and very biased. How we ended up with a Galway ref is beyond me.

Anyway that s neither here nor there. Is cuma liom anois. Maybe that win will do ye some good and maybe in the long run the defeat won't do us any harm. If people cop on. It s time football people in Mayo would take their heads out of their holes - including the players.
Dillons interview shows that nothing was done. Compare his reaction to some of the bullshit interviews given by others earlier in the year. Dillon s interwiew confirmed what a lot of us knew all along - hence our anger and hurt. Nothing was being done to address the poor aspects of winning performances in the league. Players were allowed make the same errors day in, day out. Older players were shown the door before adequate replacements were put in place.

it now makes sense why he wanted to get rid of the older players he probably knew these players could see through him and his techniques and most likely question them and he probably didn't want that
All Ireland Champions 2006 & 2007

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

In fairness, there are WTF days and at best he is just plainly inadequate. Rightly or wrongly I believe he was just spiteful and very biased.  >:(  How we ended up with a Galway ref is beyond me.

And a Galway linesman

UP SLIGO  ;D
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Farrandeelin

What Dillon interview moysider?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

moysider

Must be on the other thread - the Johnno thread?

GaillimhIarthair

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on June 30, 2010, 02:26:36 PM

In fairness, there are WTF days and at best he is just plainly inadequate. Rightly or wrongly I believe he was just spiteful and very biased.  >:(  How we ended up with a Galway ref is beyond me.

And a Galway linesman

UP SLIGO  ;D
Well done lads, thats everyone covered now for the defeat in Longford; the county board,the manager, players, linesman and last but not least, the referee. 

If its any consolation to ye poor souls, the worst ref in the country was running the line in Salthill on Sunday and yes, he is a Mayo man!

blast05

QuoteWell done lads, thats everyone covered now for the defeat in Longford; the county board,the manager, players, linesman and last but not least, the referee. 

In all fairness, there can be no denying that the general undertone to the Mayo defeat amongst us is that we were beaten by the better team, that we are at the deepest low since '93, that O'Mahony was not the man for the job once he got elected and indeed the motivations of all involved in appointing him have to be questioned and that we have to take stock & see where we are going.

Yes, in the forensic analysis that is going on, there are other observations including the performance of the referee who should have given a free to Keith Higgins instead of sending him off but they are only by-the-by comments. 

All you are doing is using an old sterotype which applied post '96 where we blamed everyone but ourselves and is one that has not applied since but is still thrown out there by those that think they are informed and witty but are neither.

Another cheap sterotype is that Mayo people always think they are contenders for Sam. I have no idea where this one came from. There is a desperate hunger for sure and indeed we have all engaged in the "can you imagine if we won it" discussion in pubs but reality is different.  And in todays Irish Indo, Martin Brehony yet again used this aul stereotype ..... in his case i don't think its anything to do with him being a Galway man having a cheap dig. Its just hes completely frigging useless.

GaillimhIarthair

Quote from: blast05 on June 30, 2010, 08:23:48 PM
QuoteWell done lads, thats everyone covered now for the defeat in Longford; the county board,the manager, players, linesman and last but not least, the referee. 

In all fairness, there can be no denying that the general undertone to the Mayo defeat amongst us is that we were beaten by the better team, that we are at the deepest low since '93, that O'Mahony was not the man for the job once he got elected and indeed the motivations of all involved in appointing him have to be questioned and that we have to take stock & see where we are going.

Yes, in the forensic analysis that is going on, there are other observations including the performance of the referee who should have given a free to Keith Higgins instead of sending him off but they are only by-the-by comments. 

All you are doing is using an old sterotype which applied post '96 where we blamed everyone but ourselves and is one that has not applied since but is still thrown out there by those that think they are informed and witty but are neither.

Another cheap sterotype is that Mayo people always think they are contenders for Sam. I have no idea where this one came from. There is a desperate hunger for sure and indeed we have all engaged in the "can you imagine if we won it" discussion in pubs but reality is different.  And in todays Irish Indo, Martin Brehony yet again used this aul stereotype ..... in his case i don't think its anything to do with him being a Galway man having a cheap dig. Its just hes completely frigging useless.
Apologies for the witty remarks Blast, it was meant more tongue in cheek.  Mea culpa.  As for Breheney, i wouldnt be paying too much attention to what that fella fills his column inches with at this time of year.  Meandering drivel most of the time is par for the course with him.