Unsavoury langauge at GAA games.

Started by mournerambler, June 01, 2010, 09:52:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orior

Quote from: thewobbler on June 01, 2010, 10:28:29 PM
More nanny state type of nonsense if you ask me.

Kids curse. They don't learn to curse because of Gaelic Games, but because there are c***ts, b**tards and f**kers everywhere.

You'll be asking for a deck of the rosary at half time next.

I'm afraid to say this wobbler, but feck, I'll say it anyway. Kids that curse are more likely to come from a certain socio-economic group. Compare the playgorund language of kids in Derrybeg with that of Harmoney Heights. Its a world of difference. Yes, there are exceptions to prove the rule, but its a general rule.

Personally, I dont curse, and dont feel I need to when I want to argue my point.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Orior on June 01, 2010, 11:11:09 PM

Kids curse. They don't learn to curse because of Gaelic Games, but because there are c***ts, b**tards and f**kers everywhere.

I'm afraid to say this wobbler, but feck, I'll say it anyway. Kids that curse are more likely to come from a certain socio-economic group. Compare the playgorund language of kids in Derrybeg with that of Harmoney Heights. Its a world of difference. Yes, there are exceptions to prove the rule, but its a general rule.

Personally, I dont curse, and dont feel I need to when I want to argue my point.
I never had you down for a snob orior.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

ONeill

http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=15246.msg724802#msg724802

Cyber cursing.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

drici

Compare the playgorund language of kids in Derrybeg

Orior

O'Neill, we are not worthy.

*humbled, and backs away, head down*

Orior

Btw, Derrybeg and Harmoney Heights are in that hell-hole they call Newry.

ONeill

ONeill

Middlin side wall there too. Yer man must've stood there against the bench without fail, even without the photographer.

ziggysego

How long did they have to pose for that picture to be taken? That's a waste of a good day. Should have been workin' on the thatch.
Testing Accessibility

ONeill

swagger

was at the down v armagh league final and there was 2 armagh lady fans that had at 5 children with then sitting in front of me at the game and the language coming out of them was colourful to say the least. They then proceeded to light a fag and blow the smoke right into me, if they were fellas I would have lost it! I myself have a few slips nof the tongue but its the persistence of constant swearing in front of seemingly their own children that got my annoyed. I agree that more needs to be done by the authorities but its just one of those aspects of the match day experience that well never go away! 
riiiiiiiiiite

Zapatista

Maybe the guy using the bad language overheard it at a match when he was a wee boy and is actually the victim in all of this?

ONeill

So you can't smoke in the open now?

ziggysego

Quote from: ONeill on June 02, 2010, 12:05:47 AM
So you can't smoke in the open now?

Smoking in GAA grounds is banned ONeill. Didn't you get the memo?
Testing Accessibility

ONeill