Israel Attack Humanitarian Ship, 10 men killed

Started by give her dixie, May 31, 2010, 03:50:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Quote from: ziggysego on May 31, 2010, 10:49:38 PM
Quote from: Minder on May 31, 2010, 10:45:45 PM
I think Obama has his own problems with the BP oil spill.

Every Government faces multiple problems everyday that needs their attention. Anyway, not too hard to release a Press Statement to condemn the Israelis.

What difference would a press release penned by an aide make? It's just a cosmetic exercise.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

under the bar

What does anyone expect from Obama?  The US president will always be a puppet of the power-brokers in the US most of whom are Jewish!

ziggysego

Quote from: Minder on May 31, 2010, 10:51:32 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on May 31, 2010, 10:49:38 PM
Quote from: Minder on May 31, 2010, 10:45:45 PM
I think Obama has his own problems with the BP oil spill.

Every Government faces multiple problems everyday that needs their attention. Anyway, not too hard to release a Press Statement to condemn the Israelis.

What difference would a press release penned by an aide make? It's just a cosmetic exercise.

For too long the US, for want of a better word, shown favour with Israel on these matters and other. The world needs to know where the US thinking is now.
Testing Accessibility

mylestheslasher

Quote from: magpie seanie on May 31, 2010, 10:44:26 PM
What would you do if you were Obama seeing as you know it all?
Condemn the murders and back a un resolution against Israel instead of vetoing them. Maybe stop selling weapons to Israel. Revolutionary I know....

magpie seanie

Quote from: mylestheslasher on May 31, 2010, 10:56:45 PM
Condemn the murders and back a un resolution against Israel instead of vetoing them. Maybe stop selling weapons to Israel. Revolutionary I know....

What kind of resolution? Do you think he should take his own administration down to do the right thing or hang in there and try to change things? I don't know what my answer is. I'm hoping his not meeting Netanyahu is significant (I couldn't have seen the meeting being cancelled if it happened under GWB's watch) and that this incident will lead to his administrationfacing up to this issue for once and for all. I like the guy and hope I'm right. I just think we need to realise the difficulties he faces.

I realise that might look naive to many. I'm not naive, just hopeful that in time somethnig approaching the right thing can and will be done.

ziggysego

Quote from: magpie seanie on May 31, 2010, 11:05:28 PM

What kind of resolution? Do you think he should take his own administration down to do the right thing or hang in there and try to change things? I don't know what my answer is. I'm hoping his not meeting Netanyahu is significant (I couldn't have seen the meeting being cancelled if it happened under GWB's watch) and that this incident will lead to his administrationfacing up to this issue for once and for all. I like the guy and hope I'm right. I just think we need to realise the difficulties he faces.

I realise that might look naive to many. I'm not naive, just hopeful that in time somethnig approaching the right thing can and will be done.

Netanyahu cancelled the meeting, not Obama.
Testing Accessibility

red hander

Quote from: ziggysego on May 31, 2010, 10:44:39 PM
Quote from: longrunsthefox on May 31, 2010, 10:43:05 PM
The speel from the Israeli spokespeople so reminds me of the British after Bloody Sunday. I fear there won't be a word about this in a week's time. Obama the great saviour has been some let down... useless cnut.   

Maybe the truth will come out in 38 years.

As for Obama, the world had great hope for him. Seems he is just another typical US President. Deeply disappointed.

It was always going to be such ... a lot of wishful thinking by people who naively believed a black man in the white house would make a difference ... if he had really started to make a difference he would have been assassinated in no time

magpie seanie

Quote from: ziggysego on May 31, 2010, 11:07:56 PM

You seem sure of that.

magickingdom

ff/lab and sf have condemned the attack but nothing from fg as far as i can see... any reason for that mr shatter?

Zapatista

Quote from: J70 on May 31, 2010, 04:24:40 PM
Quote from: seafoid on May 31, 2010, 04:15:38 PM
Quote from: Declan on May 31, 2010, 03:13:02 PM
QuoteSomeone said this is Israel's sharpeville. It will gain the attention of millions of people around the world. Things will never be the same again

I'd like to agree with you but I won't hold my breath. As for negative PR the Israelis couldn't give 2 F***s what the rest of the world thinks of them. I'm waiting to see what our esteemed TD Mr Shatter says about this.

Israel is like the moonies. It is a cult. Way out of line with what everyone else is thinking. It's getting worse with time. In the last 5 years there have been 2 wars, the 600 calorie a day Gaza diet, the Dubai assassination and now this.  Sanctions are only a matter of time. the generation who put the Holocaust above Arab human rights will soon be dead.  Israel is losing younger American Jews.  All it can rely on is the nutcase Christian right. I wouldn't put money on Israel making it to 100.

Sanctions against Israel will never happen.

Boycott is a sanction carried out by the people. Boycott all Israeli goods in particular lobby our TD's to stop buying Israeli weapons.

Zapatista

Quote from: under the bar on May 31, 2010, 10:53:41 PM
What does anyone expect from Obama?  The US president will always be a puppet of the power-brokers in the US most of whom are Jewish!

I can't help but think that we have this the wrong way round. Israel is a puppet of the US and the West in general. Nobody could give a f**k about the Jewish right to their own State or the Zionist wackos. Israel is one big Embassy and Military Base slap bang in the middle of one of the wealthiest parts of the world. It is mantained to suit the west not to suit the Jews.

ziggysego

Quote from: Zapatista on May 31, 2010, 11:33:54 PM

I can't help but think that we have this the wrong way round. Israel is a puppet of the US and the West in general. Nobody could give a f**k about the Jewish right to their own State or the Zionist wackos. Israel is one big Embassy and Military Base slap bang in the middle of one of the wealthiest parts of the world. It is mantained to suit the west not to suit the Jews.

That's the way I see it to. If there was nothing in it for the US & UK, they wouldn't give a f**k about Israel.
Testing Accessibility

stew

Quote from: magpie seanie on May 31, 2010, 11:18:51 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on May 31, 2010, 11:07:56 PM

You seem sure of that.

He's right to be, he did.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Zapatista

It's highly likely Obama won't be returned for a second term. He would be better just making all his decisions now. It would end his chances to be returned but he would achieve much more at that expence and let history judge him.

muppet

Quote from: Zapatista on May 31, 2010, 11:33:54 PM

The West being the sometime occupants of The White House, but not the current one.

Israel are trying to embarrass Obama and Hillary and are succeeding.

What happens next determines whether Obama passes or fails.

As an aside there seem to be lots of apparently unconnected events happening around the world at the same time. North Korea sinking a warship, India's internal strife, riots in Greece, economies on the brink worldwide etc. all added to the usual basket cases that are Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan and Israel.

Is a modern day Archduke Ferdinand lurking somewhere?
MWWSI 2017