Israel Attack Humanitarian Ship, 10 men killed

Started by give her dixie, May 31, 2010, 03:50:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pintsofguinness

Quote from: bcarrier on May 31, 2010, 09:29:40 PM
Its not deleted yet DS.

Anyway what seanie said.

There was another one! He could do a bit more deleting!
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

magickingdom

Quote from: mylestheslasher on May 31, 2010, 09:16:23 PM
Down south . Please remove that post. You are discrediting a very important thread. If u feel strongly on the matter please start another thread

he has removed the post, now will you and myles remove it in ye're quotes. ta

Ulick

http://aliabunimah.posterous.com/irish-boat-the-mv-rachel-corrie-proceeding-to

Niamh Moloughney of the Free Gaza Movement has just sent the following message :

>> Ok just got word from Derek,
>> they have all agreed to take the Rachel Corrie to Gaza as intended,
>> she's 2 days away, it's a Malaysian & Irish partnership
>> on board we have Denis Halliday, Mairead Maguire, Derek & Jenny Graham, Fiona Thompson (film)
>> and Mathias Chang human rights lawyer,  Malaysian MP & media - bios attached
>> The Malaysians are serious contenders- they are very close to their government & have FULL support.
>> We have 2 days to turn this outrage into a victory & get the Rachel Corrie into Gaza with the support of the world
>> and open this sea route.
>> Will get press release together when I finish work - hopefully can stay awake!
>> all the best,
>> Niamh

bcarrier

If the siege is over some good might come from this.

However Id be afraid letting the irish ship in is an exercise in damage limitation PR.

under the bar

Despite the international outrage Israel and more significantly the US care nothing for the views of foreign nations.  They work to their own agendas and sadly nothing else matters.

stew

Quote from: Myles Na G. on May 31, 2010, 08:38:53 PM
Quote from: Down South on May 31, 2010, 08:31:37 PM
Quote from: Fiodoir Ard Mhacha on May 31, 2010, 08:27:53 PM
Anyhow, what does it matter - an illegal attack in international waters, a total act of war. And they think they will get away with it? Well, will they?

Who is actually going to do anything about it though? America wont, which means Britain couldn't, even if it wanted to. The French will make a few noises, but when it comes to real action they hide.
Send the Germans in to finish the job.
Is that a reference to the holocaust? If so, hang your head.

That is a microcosm of the attitude that prevails on this board with some posters when they talk about Israelis.

The yanks and indeed the rest of the world HAVE TO lay the wood to Israel after this action, massive sanctions need to be imposed and however gave the go ahead needs to do some serious time, that said, I have no confidence that the worlds governments will do anything to hold them accountable other than a slap on the wrist.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

J70

Myles, your post containing Down South's comment is still visible.

under the bar

Plenty of Israelis I have met are lovely people and many don't condone the actions of their govt/army.

Denn Forever

Quote from: under the bar on May 31, 2010, 10:36:52 PM
Plenty of Israelis I have met are lovely people and many don't condone the actions of their govt/army.

Also seen on Sky's coverage of the protests in London a group of Orthodox/ Hassedic adding their condemnation of what happened to the Flotilla. 

Heartening.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

longrunsthefox

The speel from the Israeli spokespeople so reminds me of the British after Bloody Sunday. I fear there won't be a word about this in a week's time. Obama the great saviour has been some let down... useless cnut.   

magpie seanie

What would you do if you were Obama seeing as you know it all?

ziggysego

Quote from: longrunsthefox on May 31, 2010, 10:43:05 PM
The speel from the Israeli spokespeople so reminds me of the British after Bloody Sunday. I fear there won't be a word about this in a week's time. Obama the great saviour has been some let down... useless cnut.   

Maybe the truth will come out in 38 years.

As for Obama, the world had great hope for him. Seems he is just another typical US President. Deeply disappointed.
Testing Accessibility

Minder

I think Obama has his own problems with the BP oil spill.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ziggysego

Quote from: Minder on May 31, 2010, 10:45:45 PM
I think Obama has his own problems with the BP oil spill.

Every Government faces multiple problems everyday that needs their attention. Anyway, not too hard to release a Press Statement to condemn the Israelis.
Testing Accessibility