Tyrone v Down USFC Semi Final Sat 19th June

Started by Fuzzman, May 25, 2010, 04:18:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John o connor

Quote from: hardstation on May 30, 2010, 10:49:02 PM
Quote from: Fuzzman on May 30, 2010, 10:46:08 PM
I'd say it has to be in Casement doesnt it
5 O'Clock on a Sat evening might be hard for me to make & wont know until nearer the time

Just watching the Down game now on the sunday game
Looked like Down are still very dependant on Benny Boy

I'd bad memories of that last time they beat us up in Casement
That first match in 2003 was one of the most exciting games I've ever been at.
You'll be there, stuffing Whitefort burgers into your gob.

Tyrone will win at a canter.

No sorry your talkin out of your ass son.

Fuzzman

I've heard that the venue for this game will be announced Sunday evening after the Armagh v Monaghan match
Not sure why but that's what I've been told

ONeill

Good job. I'll tell the other boys on the other thread.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

western exile

Quote from: Fuzzman on June 03, 2010, 02:41:46 PM
I've heard that the venue for this game will be announced Sunday evening after the Armagh v Monaghan match
Not sure why but that's what I've been told
Probably because Monaghan cannot be allowed to play a semi-final at Clones. However, if Armagh win on sunday then their semi-final will almost certainly be in Clones, thus leaving Casement for Down v. Tyrone.

armaghniac

QuoteIs this true? I wouldn't imagine so.

However Monaghan v Fermanagh, if it should arise, would be an ideal game to give to Breffni.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Fuzzman

Not much team news on here as yet
Will Block be straight back into the team I wonder with Young Swifty or of course da nephew making way.

You could see Dooher not start this time and come on second half as he doesn't like getting pulled off half way through the second half.

stew

Quote from: Fuzzman on June 04, 2010, 04:28:29 PM
Not much team news on here as yet
Will Block be straight back into the team I wonder with Young Swifty or of course da nephew making way.

You could see Dooher not start this time and come on second half as he doesn't like getting pulled off half way through the second half.

he should start every game as far as i am concerned, he is a sublime footballer.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

sandwiches_in_the_boot

Quote from: hardstation on June 06, 2010, 04:57:16 PM
Confirmed for Casement. Saturday 19th. 17:15.

Casement getting its fair share of games the year.
"A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin."
H. L. Mencken

Gaffer

"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

under the bar

Clones reminds me of Anfield, and the skanky pubs around it even moreso.  A bulldozer would be the best thing for all concerned.

omagh_gael

Quote from: under the bar on June 06, 2010, 06:03:57 PM
Clones reminds me of Anfield, and the skanky pubs around it even moreso.  A bulldozer would be the best thing for all concerned.

Personally, I think you couldn't be further from the truth. I think Clones is great for a game, hard to beat a couple of pints in the town on a hot summers day and the walk up to the ground with the atmosphere building the whole way, hard to bate.

clarshack

Quote from: under the bar on June 06, 2010, 06:03:57 PM

would prefer casement was bulldozed.

under the bar

QuoteI think Clones is great for a game, hard to beat a couple of pints in the town on a hot summers day and the walk up to the ground with the atmosphere building the whole way, hard to bate.

If over-priced carlsberg/magners only in plastic glasses served from sheds in car-parks marketed as beer-gardens with corrugated-iron toilets that havent been re-fitted since 1980 is your thing then rock on!

omagh_gael

Where would you prefer it to be played UTB?

Dubh driocht

Surprised but happy with this- I thought the idea was that if Monaghan went through, their S/F would have to be away from Clones ( ie Casement) and therefore the Down Tyrone game would be in Clones ? Or is that too logical ?