Bars in Newcastle Upon Tyne to watch Gaa matches next weekend

Started by Minder, May 21, 2010, 08:21:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Going to Newcastle on a stag do next weekend and would very much like to see Galway v Wexford on the Saturday night and Cork v Tipp on Sunday. Anywhere in Newcastle?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Hedley Lamarr

The Irish centre close to St James Park usually show the games if they are on live.

Cheap drink also.
I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed:

NAG1

Yeah watched a few games in the Irish centre, decent enough craic and close enough to the main going out area that you dont waste any time getting back into party mode

Tony Baloney

There will plenty if time on the Sunday. Boys will hardly want to travel far on Saturday.

Arthur_Friend

You'll be lying in a heap in the corner as usual Minder so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Minder

Quote from: Arthur_Friend on May 21, 2010, 09:32:07 AM
You'll be lying in a heap in the corner as usual Minder so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

I will be bringing my A game with me Artie, Cork v Tipp on Sunday might be tough going..........
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Geoff Tipps

Yeah been over there a good few times and don't know of any place other than the Irish centre.

Rav67

O'Neills did used to have RTE or Setanta, then the year I was there they didn't, not sure if its back now.  Irish Centre should show it.

the colonel

All games are on in Britain- MSK Channel 433 (which is the RTE feed on Sky or the Ulster Championship games on BBC NI, which I think it 973 on Sky also
the difference between success and failure is energy

bingobus

On Saturday night in Newcastle, watching grown men in shorts run after a ball will be the furthest thing from your mind, as it will on a glorious sunny sunday when said men how have sticks and helmets.

Master Yoda

Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering

Tony Baloney

Quote from: bingobus on May 21, 2010, 02:14:44 PM
On Saturday night in Newcastle, watching grown men in shorts run after a ball will be the furthest thing from your mind, as it will on a glorious sunny sunday when said men how have sticks and helmets.
Nothing turns Minder on more.

sandwiches_in_the_boot

Quote from: the colonel on May 21, 2010, 02:02:15 PM
All games are on in Britain- MSK Channel 433 (which is the RTE feed on Sky or the Ulster Championship games on BBC NI, which I think it 973 on Sky also

MSK is a setanta feed but its not live.

The Irish Centre's your best bet as has been said, not far down from St James Park. Recall being in it steaming, oul dolls buying pints for spewing out a few rebel songs. Functional. You don't want to spend a stag in the Irish centre though ffs.
"A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin."
H. L. Mencken

The Real Laoislad

Be careful of Newcastle girl(s) with a tattoo across their lower back that says "DON"
That's all I'll say.....
You'll Never Walk Alone.