Munster 1st round Cork V Tipp

Started by Reillers, May 16, 2010, 11:08:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnneycool

Quote from: Reillers on May 28, 2010, 02:45:45 PM
Quote from: bottlethrower7 on May 28, 2010, 02:25:23 PM
Quote from: heffo on May 28, 2010, 12:13:59 PM
Quote from: Reillers on May 26, 2010, 12:37:29 PM

Donal Og's starting, no big surprise there, I just hope his hold friend doesn't send him off,

If Donal Óg behaves himself then there'll be no reason to.

No, and its not unprecedented either. I recall Liam Dunne going off on one about Pat Horan in his book. The following year in the club championship Oulart played the Village in the club championship and the ref was none other than Mr.Horan. Dunne went over to him to shake hands in a 'no hard feelings' sort of way before the game. Donal Og might be advised to do likewise.

All right I know on the best of days we're paranoid as f**k, but really this ref has had it in for him for years.

He's never straight with him either. I mean the game against Galway where he sent DOC off. The first yellow wasn't neccesary, and when he gave him the second he was almost beside himself with delight, the grin on his face, I mean f**k it, at least try and hide the pleasure in it. Even the lads commentating on it said he had it in for him.
He's not consistant at all in what he wants, always contradicting himself from game to game.

He seriously has had it in for him and the team over the years. Hopefully he'll go unnoticed and just refs the game rightly. I don't have the stomach to watch us play a man down because Kelly saw the opportunity..again..to screw us over.

Behave yourself, donal O'g was way over the top that day and was well merited in getting the two yellows even though its not very often you see a keeper getting the line, he certainly deserved them both. The Rock was very lucky not to get at least a yellow for his indescretion on Joe Canning very early on it that game as well.
Donal O'G would be better served on concentrating on the game going on rather than f**king around swapping balls, coming outside the 6 yard area for puck outs, contesting every decision, taking quick puck outs and the likes as I'm sure its bound to rile any referee.

orangeman

Cork tempting anyone at 7/4 ??? Seems big to me ?

Reillers

Quote from: johnneycool on May 28, 2010, 02:56:05 PM
Quote from: Reillers on May 28, 2010, 02:45:45 PM
Quote from: bottlethrower7 on May 28, 2010, 02:25:23 PM
Quote from: heffo on May 28, 2010, 12:13:59 PM
Quote from: Reillers on May 26, 2010, 12:37:29 PM

Donal Og's starting, no big surprise there, I just hope his hold friend doesn't send him off,

If Donal Óg behaves himself then there'll be no reason to.

No, and its not unprecedented either. I recall Liam Dunne going off on one about Pat Horan in his book. The following year in the club championship Oulart played the Village in the club championship and the ref was none other than Mr.Horan. Dunne went over to him to shake hands in a 'no hard feelings' sort of way before the game. Donal Og might be advised to do likewise.

All right I know on the best of days we're paranoid as f**k, but really this ref has had it in for him for years.

He's never straight with him either. I mean the game against Galway where he sent DOC off. The first yellow wasn't neccesary, and when he gave him the second he was almost beside himself with delight, the grin on his face, I mean f**k it, at least try and hide the pleasure in it. Even the lads commentating on it said he had it in for him.
He's not consistant at all in what he wants, always contradicting himself from game to game.

He seriously has had it in for him and the team over the years. Hopefully he'll go unnoticed and just refs the game rightly. I don't have the stomach to watch us play a man down because Kelly saw the opportunity..again..to screw us over.

Behave yourself, donal O'g was way over the top that day and was well merited in getting the two yellows even though its not very often you see a keeper getting the line, he certainly deserved them both. The Rock was very lucky not to get at least a yellow for his indescretion on Joe Canning very early on it that game as well.
Donal O'G would be better served on concentrating on the game going on rather than f**king around swapping balls, coming outside the 6 yard area for puck outs, contesting every decision, taking quick puck outs and the likes as I'm sure its bound to rile any referee.

Tell me so what the first yellow was so deserving for? What did he do that was way over the top that deserved a yellow card, whatever about the 2nd yellow. What was so bad that deserved a yellow?

johnneycool

which one was the one where he'd swung the hurley round the Galway forwards neck? Was that the second one?

He was also out putting the butt of the hurl into lads before that, so you'd have hoped he'd have enough cop on the wise up but he didn't!

ormondeboy3

Fair play to you bt. If Tipp win pulling up, they'll have shot their load for the year. If they get over the line, they'll have yet to convince. You've all bases covered anyway. And sayin all this regardless of the whatever performance Cork add to the equation is quite a (few) statement(s).

I'd be disappointed if we don't win midfield, Brendan Maher has bolstered this area considerably. We know what Shane McGrath brings. Michael Cahill will be around for a long time, though may be more suited to corner back. Padraig Maher to the wing and Cahill to the corner may happen before a ball is thrown in. O'Meara is a wild card and you never know what way young lads will react in their first cauldron.

Cork in Cork is never simple, but if we get a performance approaching 90% out of Tipp I think we'll have too much for them.

Reillers

Quote from: johnneycool on May 28, 2010, 03:36:31 PM
which one was the one where he'd swung the hurley round the Galway forwards neck? Was that the second one?

He was also out putting the butt of the hurl into lads before that, so you'd have hoped he'd have enough cop on the wise up but he didn't!

:-\ Ya because that was deserving, don't remember him butting the butt of the hurley into lads before hand, if I remember rightly he ran out a few Galway players got in his face, there was something that couldn't even be described as D4 handbags, but nothing serious, and he was the only one who got booked. I saw things 100 times worse in the game and people weren't booked for it.

Like they said on the day, he was targeted from early on for a number of reasons and Kelly was only looking for an excuse to send him off. He's learned from it though.

bottlethrower7

Quote from: ormondeboy3 on May 28, 2010, 04:02:05 PM
Fair play to you bt. If Tipp win pulling up, they'll have shot their load for the year. If they get over the line, they'll have yet to convince. You've all bases covered anyway. And sayin all this regardless of the whatever performance Cork add to the equation is quite a (few) statement(s).

got you out of hiding OB!!  :)

I was talking more in terms of performance than result. But then I'm sure you knew that.

orangeman

Righto,

I'm going for a big shock.

Cork now 9/4 and I'm going for Cork to win in their own patch.

winsamsoon

an ill reared bunch there during that minutes silence.

Tipps a good thing, love that digging at the start of a game and the ref just hurls it in and says get on with it lads lol
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

orangeman

Sticks and helmets flying all over the place.

And the sliothar hasn't been thrown in yet !!!    :D

Down South

The summer starts here. Tipp to win today and stop 5 in a row.

orangeman

Sheedy should take Maher off now.

Aisake has him in knots.

Cork with the bit between their teeth.

Down South

winsamsoon

I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

orangeman

What a goal for Cork !!!

Aisake takes a dive but it breaks to Horgan who is clinical with that chance.

Class stuff.