Muineachán V Ard Mhaca USFC

Started by Main Street, May 16, 2010, 06:27:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Main Street

Banty said on rte that it was the toughest decision he ever had to make, re the goalkeeper selection. He said he called Darren Hughes last night and Darren said  'yes, wherever you want me to play'.
That's the spirit.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: omagh_gael on June 06, 2010, 05:56:38 PM
Quote from: Gaffer on June 06, 2010, 05:50:42 PM
lYou hae got to feel for the sub goalie today who was dished the ultimate dirt.
Training hard all year and then to be told by your manager that an outfield player would make a better goalie than you!!!!
He had no choice other than walk.
Why did Banty have him in the panel when its now clear he had little intention of ever playing him?

A low blow alright, must have been a hard pill to swallow.

Did the second choice keeper leave the panel post that decision? You can understand why as it's a real confidence clinker.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

anportmorforjfc

Quote from: Down South on June 06, 2010, 05:57:02 PM
Armagh looked to be cruising in the first quarter of this game, McDonnell was his usual self and POR seemed content enough on the line. Armagh supporters can blame McGurn, O`Rourke,Sludden or even Grimley for their hammering today, but the truth is that they have nothing other than Stevie. They were very lucky to finish with 14 players, Kernan should surely have got the line for his challenge on Woods. Their fantastic supporters must have been in a hurry to get home to see the Kerry game, they left early enough.  :D
Monaghan must surely be odds on favourites for Ulster now, that was an awesome display. They have an easy enough semi and should be too strong for either Tyrone or Down.

Awesome display with an extra player for half the game. if tyrone/down have 15 men on the field i dont see monaghan playing that well again.

imtommygunn

I missed this game. What's the story about Darren Hughes? Was he in nets?? What's going on there??

omagh_gael

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on June 06, 2010, 06:14:06 PM
Training hard all year and then to be told by your manager that an outfield player would make a better goalie than you!!!!
Why did Banty have him in the panel when its now clear he had little intention of ever playing him?

Did the second choice keeper leave the panel post that decision? You can understand why as it's a real confidence clinker.

According to an aunt of mine, from the same area of Monaghan as Gorman (sub keeper), that was the reason Norf

mountainboii

Quote from: anportmorforjfc on June 06, 2010, 06:17:32 PM
Quote from: Down South on June 06, 2010, 05:57:02 PM
Armagh looked to be cruising in the first quarter of this game, McDonnell was his usual self and POR seemed content enough on the line. Armagh supporters can blame McGurn, O`Rourke,Sludden or even Grimley for their hammering today, but the truth is that they have nothing other than Stevie. They were very lucky to finish with 14 players, Kernan should surely have got the line for his challenge on Woods. Their fantastic supporters must have been in a hurry to get home to see the Kerry game, they left early enough.  :D
Monaghan must surely be odds on favourites for Ulster now, that was an awesome display. They have an easy enough semi and should be too strong for either Tyrone or Down.

Awesome display with an extra player for half the game. if tyrone/down have 15 men on the field i dont see monaghan playing that well again.

Down looked like world beaters when playing a 14 man Armagh too. We can barely get enough scores with 15 on the field, and we're utterly hopeless with 14. We've no consistent scoring threat outside of the full forward line. When an opponent gets an extra man they can afford to drop him back and mop up in front of McDonnell. Take him out of the equation and we're toothless. There are very few teams in the country that wouldn't beat a 14 man Armagh side.

Schkite

Yes.

Agree with Gaffer, not sure why Banty had him in the team when he wouldn't rely on him for games like this. IMO there's better keepers in Monaghan who declined for one reason or another but that's besides the point. A great win for Monaghan but still very tough on Gorman. Doesn't make it any easier I'm sure that Hughes actually had a fine game.

Main Street

I can understand there was a reason but I don't support him leaving the panel and not taking his place on the bench.
There was also a sound reason why Banty chose to take off one of our better players  away from the defense and use him to replace Duffy instead of using the sub goalie.

charlieTully

what about hanratty giving McKeever the slip to set up the goal, quality, how i laughed. i am going to have to get this grin surgically removed.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: charlieTully on June 06, 2010, 06:45:35 PM
what about haratty giving McKeever the slip to set up the goal, quality, how i laughed. i am going to have to get this grin surgically removed.
You'll probably lose it in a couple of weeks.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Schkite

Quote from: Any craic on June 06, 2010, 05:33:12 PM
http://www.youtube.com/user/UlsterGAA// - 'Goalkeeper' Darren Hughes is interviewed right at the final whistle after his debut between the sticks. Remarkably, Darren kept a clean sheet against Stevie Mac & Co. Here, he salutes his defence and the Farney Army who were chanting his name. Interestingly, Darren does not rule out wearing the No 1 jersey again..

Monaghan fans behind the goals chanting "Hughesy" after the game, I'd say that was the Scotstown boys! I'm sure Darren enjoyed that!  :D

dodgy umpire

charlie tully, give the keyboard a rest. People might start to associate you with us!
The Boys in Red and Black are back

BroJolly

Really gutted after today. Fair play to Monaghan they probably would have went on to win but the sending off was a massive aid. Brian Mallon had been influential in setting up 2 or 3 scores before being sent off.

I don't think anyone (well not me anyway) is thinking if only we had Grimley. He made his decision and things move on. Have been to every Armagh game this year and with the esceptionof today and Marshes they have played really well. We'll see where qualifiers take us

anportmorforjfc

Should Clarke be fit to start on the 26th?

ONeill

Jaysus that was some hammering.

How bad must Derry be.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.