bingobus

Quote from: drici on June 01, 2010, 10:17:04 AM

Sunday June 6th 2010

Ulster Senior Football Championship Quarter Final
Armagh v Monaghan, Throw In 2.00pm at Casement Park, Belfast

Ulster Ladies Senior Football Championship Round 1
Tyrone v Monaghan, Throw In 12.00pm at Casement Park, Belfast

Ticketing:

This is NOT an all-ticket event. Patrons can pay into the Open Seating and Terrace at the gate.
Tickets are available through Clubs and County Boards.

Ticket Prices:
Terrace €15 / £13
Open Seating and access to Hamburger van €25 / £21
Covered Stand €27 / £23

Concessions:
OAP Terrace €10 / £9
OAP Open Seating €15 / £13
U16s free into Open seating and Terrace

I have to assume the poster added that bit in Re Hamburger vans.  ;D  ;D

Main Street

Stevie does appear a little excited in that image  :)

Are they dark storm clouds over Stevie's head? I hope the voices in his head are not getting the better of him.

saffron sam2

Quote from: mackers on June 01, 2010, 10:56:31 AM
I see Sludden is the referee for this match. The last two matches I've seen have been very well reffed (minor match on Saturday evening and McQuillan on Sunday). What's the chances of a hat trick?
He incorrectly sent Finn Mo off in Newry earlier in the year although in fairness to him it was on the advice of Stevie Wonder on the sideline.
Wouldn't be the best.......if there's overly fussy refereeing on Sunday it will be a whistle fest!

An awful referee. Paddy Power offering even money on at least 10.5 yellow cards allegedly. Free money.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

upmonaghansayswe

Quote from: Main Street on June 01, 2010, 02:08:54 PM

More faggotism from the Ulster Council (or whoever)!! Just go and play the match and ditch all this "Hard and manly" Ulster shite!

thewanderer

Season ticket holders e-mailed today e20 ( e5 discount ) for open seated area no seats available in the main stand. terrace also available

GrandMasterFlash

So Malone and Greenan are both ruled out with injury. Pity for them both as they done well in the league and would have been pushin hard for a place,Malone esp as he played throughout the league.

bingobus

Jaysus, this thread is dying a death. Two weeks ago it was flat out, must be nerves  ;D

Malone will be a miss after a solid if unspectatular league, when I heard about it last week, word was that he could be out for year. So hopefully the operation went well and he'll be back in 6/7 weeks.

I fear this will open the door for Banty to re-instate Damian Freeman into starting line-up and see him dropped into the backs as sweeper.

GrandMasterFlash

'Grimley factor a worry for O'Rourke'

http://www.hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=129893

It remains to be seen how big an advantage this really is..

The favourites tags gets batted back by POR after Banty biggin up Armagh yesterday...

illdecide

9/2   Armagh -5    14/1   Monaghan +5    1/6
16/5   Armagh -4    12/1   Monaghan +4    1/4
12/5   Armagh -3    10/1   Monaghan +3    4/11
7/4   Armagh -2    9/1   Monaghan +2    8/15
4/7   Armagh +1 8/1   Monaghan -1    7/4
4/11   Armagh +2 10/1   Monaghan -2    5/2
1/4   Armagh +3 11/1   Monaghan -3    10/3
1/6   Armagh +4 14/1   Monaghan -4    9/2

This game has a draw writen all over it lads...and then back to Clones for the replay. I'm assuming Ronan Clarke is the only injury Armagh have? James Lavery may be struggling too right enough but we can cope without him
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

mackers

Amazed it took this long for the "Grimley Factor" to make it to the papers.

Grimley will certainly know how to keep Stevie quiet. If we keep kicking the ball to Stevie, Monaghan will have that avenue covered. It's important that the proper ball goes into Henderson, if Monaghan concentrate on stopping Stevie then it should leave room for him.

Grimley wouldn't have worked with that many of the current panel as some of the younger lads like Swift, Vernon, Toner, Forker, etc. hadn't really made a breakthrough in 06 when he left.

My stab at the Armagh team for Sunday

Hearty
A Mallon
B Donaghy
P McKeown
P Duffy
C McKeever
Finn Mo
C Vernon
K Toner
K Dyas/M Mackin
AK
G Swift
S Forker
S McDonnell
R Henderson

Hopefully AK builds on his good performance in Derry, if he can get a good supply of ball into that FF line we'll score a lot, I'd say we can break even in midfield against a formidable Monaghan midfield.
Hopefully we don't go with a sweeper which will allow any two or three of C McKeever, Vernon, Finn Mo and P Duffy to bomb forward and try and draw out the defensive ring that will park in front of Stevie. 
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

Main Street

Quote from: illdecide on June 02, 2010, 12:24:29 PM

This game has a draw writen all over it lads...and then back to Clones for the replay.
I wouldn't place that bet on a replay.
Extra time playable in the event of a draw after 70 mins.

donelli

Last time we played Down (i think) in Casement there was crazy delays on the m1 to get off at the Stockmans lane junction for casement (around '05 i think). Derry in '07 wasnt a problem as  there was very few at the game and supporters came from different directions.
I'd presume nearly all the match traffic will be heading to Casement from the m1 direction this Sunday, and with no minor match to filter the crowd in, i'd expect quite a delay for an early throw in 2pm. Anyone help with knowledge of the previous offramp to the stockmans lane one and would it be easily accessable to get from it to Casement ??.

Throw ball

Mackers I like the look of that team. With McManus and Freeman up front for Monaghan I think we need two markers and McKeown seems a good one. Would be suprised if he does start though. Also think Mallon will start, although I would prefer Forker's greater scoring potential.

Main Street

Quote from: GrandMasterFlash on June 02, 2010, 12:22:49 PM
'Grimley factor a worry for O'Rourke'

http://www.hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=129893

It remains to be seen how big an advantage this really is..

The favourites tags gets batted back by POR after Banty biggin up Armagh yesterday...

A rather lame attempt by Paddy,
"Monaghan strong favourites"
;D

What Paddy hasn't copped onto, is to keep it within the realms of believability.

Banty has the clear edge in the pre match rambles, combining respect and belief without resorting to theoretical factors.
"We know how credible Armagh are and how hard they are to beat. Monaghan respect Armagh. We don't fear anybody, whether we're underdogs or not," he added.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: donelli on June 02, 2010, 01:13:51 PM
Last time we played Down (i think) in Casement there was crazy delays on the m1 to get off at the Stockmans lane junction for casement (around '05 i think). Derry in '07 wasnt a problem as  there was very few at the game and supporters came from different directions.
I'd presume nearly all the match traffic will be heading to Casement from the m1 direction this Sunday, and with no minor match to filter the crowd in, i'd expect quite a delay for an early throw in 2pm. Anyone help with knowledge of the previous offramp to the stockmans lane one and would it be easily accessable to get from it to Casement ??.

With roadworks meaning that the M1 is down to a single lane around Sprucefield, traffic is going to be a complete disaster.

May be worth getting off the motorway at Moira and trying to find a back way into Lisburn.

Alternatively to avoid Stockman's lane you could take off for the A49, go up the Hillhall Road, take off for Shaw's Bridge, go to House of Sport then onto Casement.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead