Muineachán V Ard Mhaca USFC

Started by Main Street, May 16, 2010, 06:27:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrandMasterFlash

Quote from: donelli on June 02, 2010, 01:13:51 PM
Last time we played Down (i think) in Casement there was crazy delays on the m1 to get off at the Stockmans lane junction for casement (around '05 i think). Derry in '07 wasnt a problem as  there was very few at the game and supporters came from different directions.
I'd presume nearly all the match traffic will be heading to Casement from the m1 direction this Sunday, and with no minor match to filter the crowd in, i'd expect quite a delay for an early throw in 2pm. Anyone help with knowledge of the previous offramp to the stockmans lane one and would it be easily accessable to get from it to Casement ??.

You could come off the M1 at Lisburn and take the Hillhall road into Belfast. See the following Googlemaps link:

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Exit+6&daddr=Hospital+Rd%2FB205+to:54.573952,-5.984931&hl=en&geocode=FaaoPwMdIPaj_w%3BFfRFQAMdmHyl_w%3B&mra=dme&mrcr=0&mrsp=2&sz=15&via=1&sll=54.574922,-5.98742&sspn=0.015497,0.04519&ie=UTF8&ll=54.536422,-5.953903&spn=0.124096,0.361519&z=12

Let me know if there's problem with the link. I live in Belfast and use this route always. My advice would be to park around the Kings Hall or at the bottom of Stockman's lane. There's a small car park on the lhs just before the filling station if driving from the Kings Hall towards the M1. It's used by the St Bridgets club and is fierce handy. Walk from there to Casement, stay away from Kennedy Way/A'town Road would be my advice also..

Ulick

Quote from: illdecide on June 02, 2010, 12:24:29 PM

This game has a draw writen all over it lads...and then back to Clones for the replay.

Presumably after extra-time.

mackers

Anybody that goes on the motorway all the way to Stockman's lane is asking for trouble unless they're at the junction two hours before throw in........Hillhall Road is the way to go.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

rionach 4

Hi Donelli.
there are a few ways to avoid the posible delays on the Mi . You can go of at the Moira roundabout (airport) and head into Belfast via the roundabout near the arport . That will take you through stoneyford and into the top end of West Belfast Lenadoon and down onto the Andersonstown road. about 30 minutes longer than the M1
You can come of at Lisburn and as has been said head up through Lisburn heading for Dunmurray and into Poleglass and into Andersontown high road . This is possibly the shortest and best. A small problem though hopefully not is that it passes through a mainly unionist area . From past experience we have had no bother and it is much quicket than the M1

saffron sam2

No point in going as far as Lisburn, the traffic problems start country side of Lisburn.

Come off the motorway at junction 9 (Moira) and follow the A3 into Lisburn.

Go round the roundabout and take the exit that leads past the Leisureplex.

Go straight through the lights on to the Laganbank Road (A1).

Stay on the A1, until you pass Robbie Cahoon's. Then take first left at the next roundabout (McKinstry Road A512).

At the traffic lights, take a right (still A512).

At the next roundabout take second left (ignoring signposts, still A512).

At the next roundabout, take a left and head up Dunmurry Lane.

At the next roundabout, take the last exit on to the Stewartstown Road and head down towards Casement.

If you want to be really clever, after St. Genevieve's take a left onto Shaw's Road and then first right.

So straight across first cross roads.

After the school and shops on your left, take a left (Bingnian), then a right. At the roundabout take second exit.

When you see St Agnes's club (decrepit green building), turn your car and park it.

Walk the remaining 150 yards to the ground.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

Ulick

I see some smart arse has changed the location of Casement on Google Maps to Ulster Avenue, Dunmurray and changed the phone number to that of the Felons. Have corrected the marker but the incorrect address is still coming up. 

GrandMasterFlash

1. Shane Duffy

2. Dessie Mone
3. John Paul Mone
4. Vinny Corry

5. N McAdam
6. Darren Hughes
7. Gary McQuaid

8. Eoin Lennon
9. Dick Clerkin

10. Stephen Gollogly
11. Paul Finlay
12. Kieran Hughes

13. Tommy Freeman
14. Rory Woods
15. Conor McManus

Subs: Dermot McArdle, Damien Freeman, Colin Walshe, Marty McElroy, Ciaran Hannarty, Mark Downey

donelli

Quote from: GrandMasterFlash on June 02, 2010, 02:21:19 PM
1. Shane Duffy

2. Dessie Mone
3. John Paul Mone
4. Vinny Corry

5. N McAdam
6. Darren Hughes
7. Gary McQuaid

8. Eoin Lennon
9. Dick Clerkin

10. Stephen Gollogly
11. Paul Finlay
12. Kieran Hughes

13. Tommy Freeman
14. Rory Woods
15. Conor McManus

Subs: Dermot McArdle, Damien Freeman, Colin Walshe, Marty McElroy, Ciaran Hannarty, Mark Downey

is that bantys team or yours??
I'd have freeman in instead of kieran hughes.
thanks for the alternative directions above...

illdecide

Lads, seriously the train is the only way to go. Get on it at Portydown, Lurgan, Moira or Lisburn and a short walk to Casement. There is a train about 12:20 from Lurgan which is ideal and not having to worry about parking or traffic jams
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

illdecide

Quote from: Ulick on June 02, 2010, 01:43:03 PM
Quote from: illdecide on June 02, 2010, 12:24:29 PM

This game has a draw writen all over it lads...and then back to Clones for the replay.

Presumably after extra-time.

Aye that :D...forgot about the poxy extra time ;D
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

saffron sam2

Quote from: illdecide on June 02, 2010, 02:26:15 PM
Lads, seriously the train is the only way to go. Get on it at Portydown, Lurgan, Moira or Lisburn and a short walk to Casement. There is a train about 12:20 from Lurgan which is ideal and not having to worry about parking or traffic jams

If it doesn't stop at Finaghy, then it's a hell of a long walk.

Or a taxi (roughly £8 from Central station according to FoSB).

Train allegedly costs £6 for all day travel on a Sunday anywhere in the six, according to the man who sold me a ticket last week.

passedit

I'll be gettin off at Balmoral i hope.
Don't Panic

Ulick

If driving, the other journey no one has pointed out is to stay in the overtaking lane of the M1, go on past the Stockman's Lane roundabout where the tailbacks will be, and either come off at Broadway and park on the Falls or right on into the city centre and get a black taxi to the ground. Free parking on the streets on a Sunday or the multi-story in Castle St is only a few £s.

saffron sam2

Quote from: Ulick on June 02, 2010, 02:51:52 PM
If driving, the other journey no one has pointed out is to stay in the overtaking lane of the M1, go on past the Stockman's Lane roundabout where the tailbacks will be, and either come off at Broadway and park on the Falls or right on into the city centre and get a black taxi to the ground. Free parking on the streets on a Sunday or the multi-story in Castle St is only a few £s.

The main problem is likely to be at Sprucefield, rather than Stockman's Lane. If you get to Stockman's then your journey would be worth considering.

A bit if though.

bingobus

Quote from: Ulick on June 02, 2010, 02:51:52 PM

V. Down that year where there was big problems, all lanes where blocked/at a snails pace, it was only when you got close to the junction that you could actually drive the car, damage was done at that stage. Even the hard shoulder was useless with cars overheating and breaking down/colling off on them.