Shamrock Rovers Ultras - The reawakening.

Started by AZOffaly, May 04, 2010, 10:37:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dublinfella

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 05, 2010, 01:25:29 PM
dublinfella, the reports said that bottles were thrown on the pitch, and that gardai were hit. Is that made up? If it's true, that's a bit more than pushing and shoving.

Bottles were thrown from the main stand. Its unclear whether they were Dundalk fans pelting Rovers or Rovers fans in their section hitting the cops.

I'm not for a second saying these scenes are acceptable but comparing to Heysel is just infantile point scoring.

The Dublin team bus got hit by missiles in Navan. Does Meath have a hooligan problem?

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: dublinfella on May 05, 2010, 01:51:48 PMDoes Meath have a hooligan problem?

This doesn't really need an answer, does it ? ?  :D

dublinfella

Quote from: rossie mad on May 05, 2010, 01:36:29 PM

Bigotry?

You have to be joking.

These louts threw missiles at members of the Gardai and verbally abused them.
That in my book is breaking the law.

Yes if this had escalated which by all accounts it had the potential too it would have put lifes in danger and caused serious harm.

As you describe it as pushing and shoving well they were still breaking the law by disobeying the orders of members of An Garda Siochana if thats all they were at ::) and should still incur the wrath of the law so it still doesnt change the fact they should be punished.

Its not clear who threw the missiles and who they were targeting.

But it didn't escalate. Thats the point. This whataboutery is pointless and futile. If the hurling final, where there were actual injuries to stewards, had escalated etc. If this was a riot, surely that pitch invasion was too? Or, let me guess, thats somehow different....

dublinfella

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on May 05, 2010, 01:54:47 PM

This doesn't really need an answer, does it ? ?  :D

Touché! You almost caught me defending those Royalists....

But the point stands. There is an inconsistency here. People go bananas when the press overhype incidents at GAA games, but are very quick to accept the word of the same press when something happens at soccer or rugby.

rossie mad

Quote from: dublinfella on May 05, 2010, 01:55:57 PM
Quote from: rossie mad on May 05, 2010, 01:36:29 PM

Bigotry?

You have to be joking.

These louts threw missiles at members of the Gardai and verbally abused them.
That in my book is breaking the law.

Yes if this had escalated which by all accounts it had the potential too it would have put lifes in danger and caused serious harm.

As you describe it as pushing and shoving well they were still breaking the law by disobeying the orders of members of An Garda Siochana if thats all they were at ::) and should still incur the wrath of the law so it still doesnt change the fact they should be punished.

Its not clear who threw the missiles and who they were targeting.

But it didn't escalate. Thats the point. This whataboutery is pointless and futile. If the hurling final, where there were actual injuries to stewards, had escalated etc. If this was a riot, surely that pitch invasion was too? Or, let me guess, thats somehow different....

Where did i say that this wouldnt happen at a GAA match?

The liklihood is it wouldnt happen at a GAA game but on the off chance it did i would condemn it wholeheartedly and expect the perpretrators punished the same as this loutish scum should be.

However this soccer club and its supporters have a history of causing trouble as has its neighbours Bohs and to me the more of this thuggery is let go the liklihood is it will only get worse.

GAA does not have a hooligan problem soccer does especially in this country with a number of dublin clubs as does brtian but not on the level it once experienced.

I think that is why you seem to be dragging the GAA into this you know the GAA dont have this problem and this somehow irritates you so any incident in that organisation will upset you while soccer has this problem and im afraid will probably continue to have it for the forseeable future.

dublinfella

Quote from: rossie mad on May 05, 2010, 02:15:41 PM

The liklihood is it wouldnt happen at a GAA game but on the off chance it did i would condemn it wholeheartedly and expect the perpretrators punished the same as this loutish scum should be.

However this soccer club and its supporters have a history of causing trouble as has its neighbours Bohs and to me the more of this thuggery is let go the liklihood is it will only get worse.

GAA does not have a hooligan problem soccer does especially in this country with a number of dublin clubs as does brtian but not on the level it once experienced.

I think that is why you seem to be dragging the GAA into this you know the GAA dont have this problem and this somehow irritates you so any incident in that organisation will upset you while soccer has this problem and im afraid will probably continue to have it for the forseeable future.

You are deliberately missing the point.

What happened shouldn't have. But it wasn't a 'riot' and no-one was hurt nor were they in danger of getting hurt. The Joe Duffy histrionics are par for the course on here when it comes to the rival game. Thats my point. Cheap points scoring and dragging Heysel and Hillsboro into it is highly inappropriate.

screenmachine

The Draperstown Celtic Casuals would tip the lot of ye's Southern twats...DC till I die... 8)
I'm gonna punch you in the ovary, that's what I'm gonna do. A straight shot. Right to the babymaker.

rossie mad

I never mentioned heysel and i agree that there is no comparison in regards the dundalk incidents and any soccer hooliganism related tragedy from the past.

However the incident was dangerous and was a riot in my eyes.
Missiles were thrown and in my book thats a riot.

These incidents shouldnt happen in any sporting event and im sure we can both agree on that but this incident was extremely dangerous and was a serious matter and should be dealt as such.

dublinfella

Quote from: rossie mad on May 05, 2010, 02:31:03 PM
I never mentioned heysel and i agree that there is no comparison in regards the dundalk incidents and any soccer hooliganism related tragedy from the past.

However the incident was dangerous and was a riot in my eyes.
Missiles were thrown and in my book thats a riot.

These incidents shouldnt happen in any sporting event and im sure we can both agree on that but this incident was extremely dangerous and was a serious matter and should be dealt as such.

But according to a poster on politics.ie who was there the missiles came from the Dundalk section...

I agree that this whole thing shouldn't have happened, people shouldn't react to a referring decision like that regardless of how ridiculous it was, and all the noise is that there will be sanctions handed down, but I fail to see where the danger was.

If this was a riot, so was the final whistle in the hurling final.

rossie mad

Just out of curiosity what hurling final are you talking about?

magpie seanie

Why do ye bother?

A quick question - who first mentioned Heysel on this thread?

dublinfella

Quote from: rossie mad on May 05, 2010, 02:50:19 PM

Just out of curiosity what hurling final are you talking about?

Last years. Pitch invasion at the end saw a steward hospitalised.

Puckoon

Quote from: dublinfella on May 05, 2010, 02:21:39 PM
Quote from: rossie mad on May 05, 2010, 02:15:41 PM

You are deliberately missing the point.

What happened shouldn't have. But it wasn't a 'riot' and no-one was hurt nor were they in danger of getting hurt. The Joe Duffy histrionics are par for the course on here when it comes to the rival game. Thats my point. Cheap points scoring and dragging Heysel and Hillsboro into it is highly inappropriate.

Just out of curiosity - what would have happened if there were not riot police to stand infront of the ultras? Would someone have gotten hurt then?

Rossfan

Dublinfella is some stubborn mule alright.
Soccer is always right and anyway it was the Dundalk crowd who threw things on the pitch??
What were the Shamscum doing ..trying to get on the pitch to pick up the litter thrown on by the Dundalkers?
ALL reports I read and heard said the Shamscum caused all the bother because they were upset at a Referees decision.
Dublinfella ...just say it was wrong and they and Shams should get their arses kicked for it.
That's all you have to do ...nice and simple ..
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

dublinfella

Quote from: Puckoon on May 05, 2010, 05:36:22 PM

Just out of curiosity - what would have happened if there were not riot police to stand infront of the ultras? Would someone have gotten hurt then?

What riot police? There weren't any