Shamrock Rovers Ultras - The reawakening.

Started by AZOffaly, May 04, 2010, 10:37:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinny Breen

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 09, 2011, 09:46:22 PM
Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on September 09, 2011, 09:04:54 PM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam on August 26, 2011, 12:13:10 AM
Enda Stevens used to play gaa with croi na heireann and myself, we were the only club in Dublin to be short players on a thursday nite cause of European soccer. Savage gaa player, fair f**ks to him tonite
Only seeing this now M4S, Jaysus can't place him at all, I am shite though at remembering names and am struggling to deal with sleep depravity. Well done to him though, he's fairly come up in the world.

Whatever you get up to in your own bed is your business. Some people have to worry about sleep deprivation.

:D
#newbridgeornowhere

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 09, 2011, 09:46:22 PM
Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on September 09, 2011, 09:04:54 PM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam on August 26, 2011, 12:13:10 AM
Enda Stevens used to play gaa with croi na heireann and myself, we were the only club in Dublin to be short players on a thursday nite cause of European soccer. Savage gaa player, fair f**ks to him tonite
Only seeing this now M4S, Jaysus can't place him at all, I am shite though at remembering names and am struggling to deal with sleep depravity. Well done to him though, he's fairly come up in the world.

Whatever you get up to in your own bed is your business. Some people have to worry about sleep deprivation.

:D Serves me right for not paying attention to the spell checker.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ross4life

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 15, 2011, 05:24:24 PM
Do they have a chance tonight?

If it was the Rubin Kazan side of two years ago that beat Barcelona in the Camp Nou i would say no chance but Rubin are along way from that level now.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Declan

Well congrats to Rovers for winning the league last night -  they topped the league for something like 27 weeks out of 36.

lynchbhoy

not sure if this is the correct topic, but I recall we were told that the shamrock rovers fans were much maligned folk
'they haven't gone away' you know
why is it always seemingly rovers fans

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/shamrock-rovers-fans-broke-my-nose-with-a-beer-can-at-family-wake-30605082.html

'Shamrock Rovers fans broke my nose with a beer can at family wake' Elaine Keogh Published 22/09/2014 | 09:04

McGee pictured after he was attacked outside the home of Maura Coleman (deceased) who was being waked at home in Dundalk\'s Pearse Park . A HOOLIGAN element within the supporters of Shamrock Rovers football club are alleged to have attacked a man with a beer can while he was at a wake in Dundalk.

Paul McGee (37) was with his wife Dara at the wake of her grandmother Maura Coleman (77) when he says he was struck in the face."My nose is broken, I have had six stitches to my face and the doctors think my eye socket is fractured," Paul said."What happened was disgraceful and unreal. The can was smashed into my face without any warning and it was completely unprovoked."Mr McGee was with Eddie Coleman, a son of the deceased, when a group of more than 70 Shamrock Rovers fans walked along the road past Mrs Coleman's house in Pearse Park, Dundalk, on Saturday afternoon before kick-off between the team and Dundalk FC."We as a family condemn this violence as we waked my mother. They were throwing cans into the garden as they passed by and I said to them 'would you show a bit of respect, there is a wake here, maybe take your rubbish with you'," Mr Coleman saidScum"Then one of the crowd assaulted Paul with the can and when other family members came outside to see what was happening, the crowd verbally abused them calling them 'sheep sh*****s' and '**** bags'."My mother had seven children and 28 grandchildren and five great-grandchildren, so when the children came out they saw this and they were crying. My mother would be horrified at this behaviour," he added.He condemned the behaviour from "so-called Shamrock Rovers fans", adding that he knew there were also decent Shamrock Rovers fans. "These were the scum of the earth and they weren't young, they looked to be in their 30s and 40s," he said
The family wants to know why any football fans were directed into a residential area. "We want answers as to how these rowdy drunken hooligans ended up passing by our vicinity," Mr Coleman said.The family has complained to gardai about the incident .A spokesman for Dundalk gardai confirmed "there was an issue with some Shamrock Rovers supporters who took a wrong turn to the match. "We are aware an incident occurred in Pearse Park. We were very disappointed to hear something happened at a wake."A spokesperson for the club told the Herald that it had not yet been notified of the incident by gardai or Dundalk FC. "Obviously the club don't condone this kind of behaviour," she said.Mrs Coleman will be buried in Dundalk this morning.hnews@herald.ie Irish Independent

haranguerer

I'd love to have seen the garda pen them in somewhere and get stuck into them. Tramps

Rossfan

Can you imagine how far and wide the media would have spread this if was GAA fans involved.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

AZOffaly

Quote from: Rossfan on September 29, 2014, 05:11:26 PM
Can you imagine how far and wide the media would have spread this if was GAA fans involved.

Or Garth Brooks fans!