Shamrock Rovers Ultras - The reawakening.

Started by AZOffaly, May 04, 2010, 10:37:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dublinfella

Bad and all as it looked, its hardly the Heysel that some in the press are trying to claim. RTE called it a riot ffs. 20 lads pushing and shoving with the cops shouldn't happen, but lets not lose the run of things. 

If Ahearn wasn't there for a soundbite, I wonder would it have even been mentioned. He seems to have forgotten to comment on the Dundalk fans getting on the pitch to attack Drogheda fans a few weeks ago, or the attempt to burn down the  FAI hq by someone Dundalk then gave a job to...

Main Street

Jaysus Dublinfella you wouldn't know what an appropriate comment was if it hit you in the balls  ;D

Nobody here gives a feck about what Aherne doesn't say about what last months  motley shower of midget pimply faced hoods threatened to do, or what the odd pyomaniac/self immolater gets up to in the privacy of his own peculiar protest.

So the anti Rovers conspiracy theory  doesn't work here.
What might have effect for the sake of the LOI, is if Rovers get on with doing their job and clean up their act with their very own element, then you can jump on the high horse and pass comment on what other scummy fans get up to.

dublinfella

Quote from: Main Street on May 05, 2010, 12:28:39 AM
Jaysus Dublinfella you wouldn't know what an appropriate comment was if it hit you in the balls  ;D

Nobody here gives a feck about what Aherne doesn't say about what last months  motley shower of midget pimply faced hoods threatened to do, or what the odd pyomaniac/self immolater gets up to in the privacy of his own peculiar protest.

What might have effect for the sake of the LOI, is if Rovers get on with doing their job and clean up their act with their very own element, then you can jump on the high horse and pass comment on what other scummy fans get up to.

I couldn't give a shit what Rovers do and don't do. The point here is that the press are all over a minor incident because a soundbite was provided for them by Ahearn, who really has better things to be occupying his time with.

Do you think 20 lads being pushed back up a terrace by the cops is a 'riot'? Do you think it warrants cabinet level intervention? People give out on here all the time about the media exaggerating incidents in the GAA and then turn and accept them at face value when its about other sports.

rosnarun

500 away fans Rovers would kill , perhaps literally , for 500 away fans.
from what i could see there were at least 40 actively involved which would give about 200 in total  and were egged  on by the rest after being given the encouragement  by the disgraceful actions of their manager .
there not much point in fining them as they would just take it out of the Payments  to the local business' they screw again  the next time they go  'bankrupt'
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

rosnarun

Quote from: dublinfella on May 05, 2010, 12:35:02 AM
Quote from: Main Street on May 05, 2010, 12:28:39 AM

I couldn't give a shit what Rovers do and don't do. The point here is that the press are all over a minor incident because a soundbite was provided for them by Ahearn, who really has better things to be occupying his time with.

Do you think 20 lads being pushed back up a terrace by the cops is a 'riot'? Do you think it warrants cabinet level intervention? People give out on here all the time about the media exaggerating incidents in the GAA and then turn and accept them at face value when its about other sports.

ri·ot  (rt)
n.
1. A wild or turbulent disturbance created by a large number of people.
2. Law A violent disturbance of the public peace by three or more persons assembled for a common purpose

yes I think a large group of people throwing missiles and hitting out at gargai is a riot un less you want to redefine the meaning of the word to exclude a soccer fan because they usually do so much more damage
Take your pick
heysel
hillbourough
ibrox
Burnden Park
lansdowne road
ibrox again
national stadium peru
ect ect
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

deiseach

Quote from: rosnarun on May 05, 2010, 03:10:04 AM
Take your pick
heysel
hillbourough
ibrox
Burnden Park
lansdowne road
ibrox again
national stadium peru
ect ect

I know I shouldn't, but anyway . . .

Why is Hillsborough in that list? And I don't know enough about the Burnden Park and Ibrox disasters to comment definitively, but I'm pretty sure no one blames hooligans for them.

lynchbhoy

I think the next thing the gov will build for sham rovers will be the new prison at thornton hall in north co Dublin !!
Prob as many fans will 'attend' this away venue !

dublinfella

ri·ot  (rt)
n.
1. A wild or turbulent disturbance created by a large number of people.
2. Law A violent disturbance of the public peace by three or more persons assembled for a common purpose

yes I think a large group of people throwing missiles and hitting out at gargai is a riot un less you want to redefine the meaning of the word to exclude a soccer fan because they usually do so much more damage
Take your pick
heysel
hillbourough
ibrox
Burnden Park
lansdowne road
ibrox again
national stadium peru
ect ect

So you are seriously comparing the handbags in Dundalk to Heysel, Hillsboro and Landsdowne Road?  ;D

Seriously, stop sniffing glue.

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: deiseach on May 05, 2010, 08:31:48 AM
Take your pick
heysel
hillbourough
ibrox
Burnden Park
lansdowne road
ibrox again
national stadium peru
ect ect

I know I shouldn't, but anyway . . .

Why is Hillsborough in that list? And I don't know enough about the Burnden Park and Ibrox disasters to comment definitively, but I'm pretty sure no one blames hooligans for them.

Spot on. Hillsborough was not hooligan related despite what The S*n says. Similarly with both Ibrox disasters.

rossie mad

Hillsborough wasnt down to hoolinganism it was more to do with bad organisation and security management.
Dont know anything about the Ibrox disasters.

In relation to the recent irish incident i have to laugh at the comments which seems to be dismissing the severity of the incidents.

These louts were breaking public disorder laws and like most other people who break these laws (especially at the weekend) they should receive penalties for breaking them either by crinimal proceedings or total bans from all soccer events in this country.

Whatever soundbytes were used they broke the law and for a time were on the verge of placing lives of those around them in danger or causing serious injury.

They broke the law like crinimals and so should be threated as such.

dublinfella

Quote from: Geoff Tipps on May 05, 2010, 12:56:59 PM

Spot on. Hillsborough was not hooligan related despite what The S*n says. Similarly with both Ibrox disasters.

In deiseach, rossarun and main streets world it doesn't matter. All soccer scumbags.

dublinfella

Quote from: rossie mad on May 05, 2010, 01:05:50 PM

Hillsborough wasnt down to hoolinganism it was more to do with bad organisation and security management.

In relation to the recent irish incident i have to laugh at the comments which seems to be dismissing the severity of the incidents.

These louts were breaking public disorder laws and like most other people who break these laws (especially at the weekend) they should receive penalties for breaking them either by crinimal proceedings or total bans from all soccer events in this country.

Whatever soundbytes were used they broke the law and for a time were on the verge of placing lives of those around them in danger or causing serious injury.

On the verge of placing lives of those around them in danger or causing serious injury? Seriously?

What 'public disorder' laws were they breaking? Bear in mind they were on private property. The game got heated due to some ludicrous refereeing decisions so the Gardaí decided to move the Rovers fans farther away from the Dundalk fans. A bit of jostling happened and that was that.

The fact that people are comparing it to Heysel is sickening stuff. Raw bigotry - any level stooped to to have a go at another sport.

AZOffaly

dublinfella, the reports said that bottles were thrown on the pitch, and that gardai were hit. Is that made up? If it's true, that's a bit more than pushing and shoving.

rossie mad

Quote from: dublinfella on May 05, 2010, 01:17:24 PM
Quote from: rossie mad on May 05, 2010, 01:05:50 PM

On the verge of placing lives of those around them in danger or causing serious injury? Seriously?

What 'public disorder' laws were they breaking? Bear in mind they were on private property. The game got heated due to some ludicrous refereeing decisions so the Gardaí decided to move the Rovers fans farther away from the Dundalk fans. A bit of jostling happened and that was that.

The fact that people are comparing it to Heysel is sickening stuff. Raw bigotry - any level stooped to to have a go at another sport.

Bigotry?

You have to be joking.

These louts threw missiles at members of the Gardai and verbally abused them.
That in my book is breaking the law.

Yes if this had escalated which by all accounts it had the potential too it would have put lifes in danger and caused serious harm.

As you describe it as pushing and shoving well they were still breaking the law by disobeying the orders of members of An Garda Siochana if thats all they were at ::) and should still incur the wrath of the law so it still doesnt change the fact they should be punished.

deiseach

Quote from: dublinfella on May 05, 2010, 01:12:10 PM
In deiseach, rossarun and main streets world it doesn't matter. All soccer scumbags.

An astonishing misreading of what I asked / said. Whether that was wilful or just ignorance, only you will know