Started by Ulick, April 22, 2010, 10:29:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

Quote from: Nally Stand on May 06, 2010, 12:35:59 AM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on May 05, 2010, 11:48:56 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on May 05, 2010, 02:41:43 PM
Quote from: Feckitt on May 05, 2010, 02:38:52 PM
Can anyone advise me?

Channel 4's Alternative Election night ;)
seen that advertised alright, should be a laugh.

Sort of hear the ad in the background but did't see it. Whats sort of form is that show taking or what are they doing?

It's Jimmy Carr, Charlie Brooker and David Mitchell. They'll be following the election results as they come and and discussing them, with a comedy spin. The fact that Charlie Brooker is involved, tells me it will be of substance.
Testing Accessibility

Nally Stand

Quote from: ziggysego on May 06, 2010, 12:39:56 AM
Can anyone advise me?

Sort of hear the ad in the background but did't see it. Whats sort of form is that show taking or what are they doing?

It's Jimmy Carr, Charlie Brooker and David Mitchell. They'll be following the election results as they come and and discussing them, with a comedy spin. The fact that Charlie Brooker is involved, tells me it will be of substance.

Could be right. Remote control's batteries could be tested thoroughly tomorrow night :D
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

ziggysego

Quote from: Nally Stand on May 06, 2010, 12:43:49 AM
Quote from: ziggysego on May 06, 2010, 12:39:56 AM
Can anyone advise me?

Could be right. Remote control's batteries could be tested thoroughly tomorrow night :D

I'll be flicking round them all tomorrow night also. BBC, UTV, Channel 4, RTE 1 & Sky News. Gonna be a busy night for the batteries  ;D
Testing Accessibility

delboy

Right lads, I'm going to bed early on Thursday night and I am not sure what time to set the alarm for.

I am tempted to set it for 11.45, because RTE coverage starts then, and I can have a neat rundown from them of everything I have missed.

However, I might not even have got to sleep by then.  I am tempted to lie on until 1.00am.

Does anyone know what time results are expected.  I heard on Radio Ulster today that West Belfast was going to try to be the first constituency in the whole UK to declare, but I'm not bothered about WB anyway, as obviously Big Gerry will romp home.

Can anyone advise me?

They'll be going some to beat the constituency in sunderland that normally returns first they've done it four times in a row going for the fifth tonight. They are expected to return at about 10.45, I heard west belfast was hoping for three in the morning, which would certainly make them the fastest in NI (most don't even bother to start counting until the following day) but miles of the guys on the mainland.

Is anyone planning an all nighter, loads of beer and politics, heaven  ;D

johnneycool

will your man have his swingometer out tonight?

I'm not talking about Willie McCrea either.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: johnneycool on May 06, 2010, 11:09:49 AM

Kirk?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

ziggysego

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on May 06, 2010, 11:12:01 AM
Quote from: johnneycool on May 06, 2010, 11:09:49 AM

Kirk?

Don't be stupid.

Jeffrey Donaldson ;)
Testing Accessibility

Feckitt

According to The Irish Times, Lagan Valley, North Antrim, Upper Bann & Foyle will all declare around midnight, with all NI results expected to declare before 3am.

I'd say that is a bit hopeful on their part. In the last election it was nearly 9pm on Friday night before South Down came in.

Bensars

Quote from: Feckitt on May 06, 2010, 11:54:01 AM
According to The Irish Times, Lagan Valley, North Antrim, Upper Bann & Foyle will all declare around midnight, with all NI results expected to declare before 3am.

I'd say that is a bit hopeful on their part. In the last election it was nearly 9pm on Friday night before South Down came in.

Bound be a recount in FST if its as close as some predict

delboy

Quote from: Feckitt on May 06, 2010, 11:54:01 AM

They most have decided to actually start the count when the polls close, foyle are apparently in the running to return first (in NI anyway).
You would have thought they could do it in west belfast first, just point and the boxes and call it a SF win.

thebandit

When are results expected in?

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Boycey on May 06, 2010, 12:11:04 PM
I fecking love election nights.... I'll be there right to the bitter end. I'm a bit worried about Channel 4 alternative coverage as I'm sure i'll be tempted to watch that and miss the real comedy gold on the other channels with politicians squabbling like schoolchildren.

Is it my memory playing tricks on me or did counting of NI votes not used to take place on the Friday? providing us with a second days entertainment with the added bonus of local tribalism at it best

Your correct Boycey, Douglas Bains main driving force as CEO is to get the record of first count declared in "Britain" (he's also kinda keen on 100% registeration  ;)).
He changed the count here from Friday to straight after close of poll at 10pm. Knowing the Derry count, they'll feck it up somehow and won't declare til quite late on, would think WB has a good chance of declaring first over here at any rate.
Would be expecting the first result from here being declared from 11.15 - 11.30pm.
Tbc....

ziggysego

I fecking love election nights.... I'll be there right to the bitter end. I'm a bit worried about Channel 4 alternative coverage as I'm sure i'll be tempted to watch that and miss the real comedy gold on the other channels with politicians squabbling like schoolchildren.

Is it my memory playing tricks on me or did counting of NI votes not used to take place on the Friday? providing us with a second days entertainment with the added bonus of local tribalism at it best

I'm watching the election coverage live on BBC NI, ITV 1 & RTE 1. However, I'm going to Sky + the Channel 4 Alternative for another time and have a giggle. Sorry, I mean laugh.
Testing Accessibility

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: the_daddy on May 06, 2010, 01:45:11 PM
Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on May 06, 2010, 12:33:12 PM

Your correct Boycey, Douglas Bains main driving force as CEO is to get the record of first count declared in "Britain" (he's also kinda keen on 100% registeration  ;)).
He changed the count here from Friday to straight after close of poll at 10pm. Knowing the Derry count, they'll feck it up somehow and won't declare til quite late on, would think WB has a good chance of declaring first over here at any rate.
Would be expecting the first result from here being declared from 11.15 - 11.30pm.

The only problem likely to be in Derry will be getting the boxes out of the polling stations in Creggan, Gallaigh etc without interference from the underage dissendent petrol bombers

Aye that and the fact that they have a habit of mislaying ballot boxes!  :D ;)
Tbc....

Nally Stand

Quote from: thebandit on May 06, 2010, 12:14:53 PM
When are results expected in?

According to the Ulster Herald, West Tyrone is expected around 1am and Fermanagh/South Tyrone due around dawn. No idea about other constituencies.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore