6 counties election

Started by Ulick, April 22, 2010, 10:29:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Square Ball

Quote from: omagh_gael on May 06, 2010, 10:23:00 PM
Exit poll on BBC puts con with 307 mp's Lab 255 and LD 59. Need 326 to form a government. Will be a nervy night for Lab/Con

revised poll from them now:

Conservatives 305, Labour 255, Lib Dems 61 and others 29.
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Square Ball on May 06, 2010, 11:26:54 PM
Quote from: omagh_gael on May 06, 2010, 10:23:00 PM
Exit poll on BBC puts con with 307 mp's Lab 255 and LD 59. Need 326 to form a government. Will be a nervy night for Lab/Con

revised poll from them now:

Conservatives 305, Labour 255, Lib Dems 61 and others 29.
Clegg will be acting the big man tonight.

omagh_gael

Security alert in Foyle, W**kers!

Hurler on the Bitch

I'll go for Empey and Gildernew as a double  ;) However, I will go to bed tonight thinking of your woman from Countdown.

Ulick

Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 06, 2010, 11:26:48 PM
If it's there for the taking how do SF mobilise the electorate to go out an get their X beside ODowd? The more marginal the seat becomes the more unionists will get out and vote to prevent any greening of Upper Bann.

By getting the message out that it's winnable. Locals have always had an inferiority complex as a result of strong unionist dominance e.g. Trimble, McCusker before him, Craigavon Council and their discrimination etc... They got those 20% boxes up today by simply knocking on doors and explaining to people that they could make the difference. As you say though, the unionists via the strong presence of the Orange Order are good at rallying around the sectarian flag.

All credit to SF in Lurgan today though - while trying to organise their election workers, they also had to deal with a load of toe-rags with petrol bombs trying to high-jack cars at the Lake Street railway crossing at Kilwilkie and not too far away from a major polling station.

Maguire01

Paisley Jnr apparently streets ahead in Nth Antrim and Hermon looks set for a landslide.

Franko

Quote from: Maguire01 on May 06, 2010, 11:42:57 PM
Paisley Jnr apparently streets ahead in Nth Antrim and Hermon looks set for a landslide.

Shocker   :o

ONeill

ONeill

Sammy Bare-Arse Red-Cheek confident.

ardmhachaabu

:D

Good man O'Neill, I needed a laugh
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

orangeman

Quote from: Maguire01 on May 06, 2010, 11:42:57 PM
[/b]

And she never even had to knock on a door to canvass.

Aoise

Any word on turnout for F/ST?

Ulick

Quote from: Aoise on May 06, 2010, 11:59:11 PM
Any word on turnout for F/ST?

Not opening the boxes for an hour or so yet - they're counting West Tyrone first. Unofficial (gossip) I was getting earlier from SF were talking around 80% turnout for some of their boxes. 

Aoise

Sincerely hope you're right Ulick! 80% would surely set her up well for it.