6 counties election

Started by Ulick, April 22, 2010, 10:29:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: whiskeysteve on May 15, 2010, 05:24:44 PM
Ramming fecking propaganda down our throats are you. im voting SDLP - God bless the Queen.

Telling it like it is maybe????
Tbc....

Maguire01

I think everyone knows how it is. And they knew before the election too.

whiskeysteve

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on May 15, 2010, 06:12:56 PM
Ramming fecking propaganda down our throats are you. im voting SDLP - God bless the Queen.

No hes telling it like Julius Streicher would. Hes nearly advocating that we attack SDLP members
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: whiskeysteve on May 15, 2010, 07:33:34 PM
Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on May 15, 2010, 06:12:56 PM

No hes telling it like Julius Streicher would. Hes nearly advocating that we attack SDLP members

Warning exaggeration alert....  ::)
And Godwins law to boot, well done!  :D
Tbc....

Nally Stand

Gone into hiding ardmhacaabu? ??? ??? ???
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

MW

Quote from: Ulick on May 15, 2010, 01:08:35 PM

Can you do a mock-up of SF Ministers sending Bills for Royal Assent? ;)

MW

Quote from: slow corner back on May 15, 2010, 11:42:41 AM
The proposed system is AV and not PR. It will mean that McDonnell will have a tight squeeze in SB but I suspect he might well hold on. Gildernew is safe in FST. Ritchie and Durkan are safe as houses since they can now pick up all the unionist transfers to stop SF. Gerry Kelly will never take NB for the same reason. Long should hold on in EB as the alliance are transfer magnets. McCrea would be in trouble in SA and possibly Simpson in UB.

It would put a stop to communalist pacts/standings-down at a stroke - FST and SB especially.

Ritchie and Durkan would lose 'votes' (i.e. fewer 1s than Xs but would get a great bulk of unionist transfers I would have thought.

As you say, South Antrim would be very much in play.

It would be interesting to see how much a move to AV would lead to NI parties actively pitching across the 'divide' for second and lower preference votes. 

slow corner back

It certainly would kill any electoral pacts ideas which would be a good thing. SB would be tight but as I said I think McDonnell might scrape it as the unionist majority there is paper thin and he would pick up alliance transfers as wel as SF and some UUP. I think the SDLP under Ritchie would very much pitch across the divide with the hard working MPs line. They would hold what they have (IMO) but I cannot see them picking up another seat. The UUP may pick up one or two at the DUPs expense.