Diesel Dippers

Started by offtheground, April 15, 2010, 08:43:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

giveherlong

In Gortin today apparently. Wouldn't twitter be the job for keeping up to date on locations?

Candyman

Dipping on the Moy road earlier... Its great getting stopped with a tank full of clear!! The CNUTS!!  ;D

under the bar

Has anyone here ever come up with an excuse / course of action that managed to fox them?

Mario

They are mad for dipping on the road I go home from Dublin, Newry to Armagh to Dungannon to Cookstown. I've been stopped (not dipped) by police in Dungannon or Cookstown 3 times in the last 5 weeks on a sunday night. They must like their sunday overtime

Hardy

Quote from: under the bar on January 25, 2011, 10:04:07 PM
Has anyone here ever come up with an excuse / course of action that managed to fox them?

Put a big vertical exhaust pipe out through the roof of your car and paint "John Deere" along the two sides of it. Hitch a 4-sod plough to the back if it for extra effect.

Rouge_Diablo

Has the ever been or is there any precedence for a legal objection to letting them have access to the fuel tank?

Is it possible to simply refuse to open the fuel cap? Do they need permission to dip?

Hardy

Quote from: Rouge_Diablo on January 26, 2011, 10:46:04 AM
Has the ever been or is there any precedence for a legal objection to letting them have access to the fuel tank?

Is it possible to simply refuse to open the fuel cap? Do they need permission to dip?

If the laws are anything like they are down here, the customs have frightening powers - way beyond those of the police. For one thing, the excise laws put the burden of proof on the suspect, not the Customs. So, for instance, instead of having to prove that your goods are contraband, they can seize them and it's up to YOU to prove they're not. So I'd guess if you refused to allow them to dip you'd be walking home and your wagon would be off to the pound.

Rouge_Diablo

Quote from: Hardy on January 26, 2011, 11:04:58 AM

If the laws are anything like they are down here, the customs have frightening powers - way beyond those of the police. For one thing, the excise laws put the burden of proof on the suspect, not the Customs. So, for instance, instead of having to prove that your goods are contraband, they can seize them and it's up to YOU to prove they're not. So I'd guess if you refused to allow them to dip you'd be walking home and your wagon would be off to the pound.

so is there a rule or not?
Its the fuel that is potentially contraband, not the vehicle......

Hardy

Quote from: Rouge_Diablo on January 26, 2011, 11:11:25 AM
Quote from: Hardy on January 26, 2011, 11:04:58 AM

so is there a rule or not?
Its the fuel that is potentially contraband, not the vehicle......

I don't think they're too fussy about that. I'm fairly sure (down here) that if you're carrying contraband goods, they can confiscate vehicle, goods, the lot.

Candyman

Cathedral Road, just by the Costcutter shop...
They're edging closer to FLH!!  ;)

charlie stubbs

Quote from: Candyman on January 26, 2011, 05:49:48 PM
Cathedral Road, just by the Costcutter shop...
They're edging closer to FLH!!  ;)

is that near athletic grounds..

Candyman

no, coming from (lurgan) you'll not be there there!!

charlie stubbs

Quote from: Candyman on January 26, 2011, 06:06:38 PM
no, coming from (lurgan) you'll not be there there!!

Derrymacash ;), cheers for the heads up!

fitzroyalty

How does it work? Once you've put red in her does that mean theres traces of it there permenantly? Say you filled half red half clean would that be any use? Bound to be a way to beat the system..

EC Unique

Heard that half green half clear works.