Diesel Dippers

Started by offtheground, April 15, 2010, 08:43:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mournerambler

Quote from: offtheground on April 19, 2010, 02:04:11 PM
69 people nabbed;
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/foyle_and_west/8629825.stm

This wasn't due to them using dodgy diesel OTG, they were nabbed I presume because they failed to pay duty on the vehicle they are driving by not declaring it as an import from the North, I once sold a car to a lad from Westmeath & the duty he had to pay was in access of 8000 yoyo's he told me, so you can see why it pays those who are dodging the import duty to keep their vehicles registered in the North.

Hereiam

Quote from: theskull1 on April 17, 2010, 12:58:01 PM
No

Used to be the likes of a 305 Pug would have run on anything you gave it, but todays injection systems along with the high pressure fuel pumps are alot more fussy. If theres not enough lubrication in the fuel, the fuel pump(s) will fail early and dirt/water in the mix will trouble for the injectors

Both parts are a clean fortune.

Note (Red Diesel is not "dodgy diesel")

Skull you are talking complete rubbish. The only difference in the diesel is the colour. If fuel pumps fail its simply dirty fuel or part parts.

Final Whistle

Quote from: Hereiam on April 19, 2010, 02:42:18 PM
No

Used to be the likes of a 305 Pug would have run on anything you gave it, but todays injection systems along with the high pressure fuel pumps are alot more fussy. If theres not enough lubrication in the fuel, the fuel pump(s) will fail early and dirt/water in the mix will trouble for the injectors

Skull you are talking complete rubbish. The only difference in the diesel is the colour. If fuel pumps fail its simply dirty fuel or part parts.

Wrong-Newer diesel models can detect whether its red diesel. Usually an error will appear-"Inject Fault"Drain the tank-put in clear and she will go no problem. Newer model cars fuel pump can supposedly detect whether its got dye!

theskull1

Quote from: Hereiam on April 19, 2010, 02:42:18 PM
No

Why don't you google before you shout your mouth off  ::)
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Main Street on April 17, 2010, 12:37:38 PM
Is it an urban myth that dodgy diesel harms some engines?
I have had a long-running series of issues with the injection system in my car and the first question the mechanics asked was "where do you get your diesel"? As Skull says anything in the fuel injection system of a diesel car is expensive to fix (£100s/1000s).

Hereiam

Off course I forgot just because you read it on the internet it must be true.  :P

theskull1

::)

"The only difference in the diesel is the colour. If fuel pumps fail its simply dirty fuel or part parts."

So still standing over this Hereiam? Any chance you could enlighten us all to your fountain of knowledge on the subject. Is it from the bible?  :)
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

offtheground

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/foyle_and_west/8691396.stm

More on this story, not due to using dodgy Diesel, but the same Customs and excise crew nonetheless..

tyrone girl

Got the f**king car seized last night - i could blood well cry - god knows what fine we are looking it

DirtyDozen12

Quote from: tyrone girl on May 31, 2010, 11:50:15 AM
Got the f**king car seized last night - i could blood well cry - god knows what fine we are looking it

stay off the red diesel then!!!!!!!!!

IF YOU CANT DO THE TIME, THEN DONT DO THE CRIME.
Beer, now there's a temporary solution!!!

tyrone girl

Oh go and f**k urself with your self righteous attitude

The Worker

Quote from: tyrone girl on May 31, 2010, 11:53:09 AM

wer u get dipped at?

and how long wer u on it for

tyrone girl

Dipped in Newmills - should have bloody turned the car too cos someone flashed us. Driving on it a while

DirtyDozen12

Quote from: tyrone girl on May 31, 2010, 11:53:09 AM

I ran on the green diesel when i was a student for 4 years and got away with it, class stuff.  Your obviously not smart enough to get away with it though, probably should have given me a call to find out hows it done. 

Im on the clear diesel now though, i have seen the way of God and have turned over a new leaf.  I will abide the law now at all times.  You should do the same after you pay the £1000 fine & criminal record that is coming your way.

RED DIESEL OUT!!!!!!!!!!!
Beer, now there's a temporary solution!!!