The Official 2010 FIFA World Cup

Started by Hurler on the Bitch, April 14, 2010, 11:57:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Celt_Man

Quote from: Homer on June 25, 2010, 02:25:24 PM
Quote from: Celt_Man on June 25, 2010, 02:02:52 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on June 25, 2010, 01:46:59 PM
So has anything actually been done about the incident involving Kaka and Kader Keita?

I think it is a disgrace that Keita is allowed to play in the final group game, again another major showing of incompetence from FIFA.

That actually is a joke - it was one of those things when I saw it first, I thought that it's gonna be one of those few times when FIFA is gonna have to take action considering how blatant and obvious it was

Brazil made no objection as they have already qualified and won't mind 'resting' Kaka for this game and having him back for their last 16 match with a clean slate i.e. no yelllow card hanging over him

Yea I can understand that but mad the way FIFA shoved fair play down your throat at every opportunity yet when something so wrong as Kaka's second yellow happens they do nothing
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

nrico2006

Quote from: Celt_Man on June 25, 2010, 02:31:45 PM
Quote from: Homer on June 25, 2010, 02:25:24 PM
Quote from: Celt_Man on June 25, 2010, 02:02:52 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on June 25, 2010, 01:46:59 PM
So has anything actually been done about the incident involving Kaka and Kader Keita?

I think it is a disgrace that Keita is allowed to play in the final group game, again another major showing of incompetence from FIFA.

That actually is a joke - it was one of those things when I saw it first, I thought that it's gonna be one of those few times when FIFA is gonna have to take action considering how blatant and obvious it was

Brazil made no objection as they have already qualified and won't mind 'resting' Kaka for this game and having him back for their last 16 match with a clean slate i.e. no yelllow card hanging over him

Yea I can understand that but mad the way FIFA shoved fair play down your throat at every opportunity yet when something so wrong as Kaka's second yellow happens they do nothing

Exactly, I think certain incidents are so high profile that the governing body cannot rely on the fact that Brazil were not bothered with appealing as it didn't matter that he missed the Portugal game.  If anything, the red card is a blemish on Kaka's record as he had not beeen sent off in nearly a decade of top flight football.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

ross4life

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Doogie Browser

Ivory Coast 2 up already and look like scoring every time they attack

Aerlik

When, oh when is Ronaldo going to realise that he is not going to score from 25+ yards against Brazil?  How many frees has he ballooned wide tonight?  Yawn. I've just turned over from the St.Kilda v. Geelong game in the top of the table AFL clash and just wish it could last another 20 minutes.
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

Aerlik

Anyone else hoping for a vuvuzula invasion on Sunday night?   Dear god this is rank.

Aerlik

Penalty.  Noooooooo? dear God, what has to be done to get a score in this game?  All over, thanks be to god.  Appropriately enough there have been lots of boos at the end of the game.  Bedtime.

Celt_Man

Quote from: Aerlik on June 25, 2010, 04:52:56 PM
Penalty.  Noooooooo? dear God, what has to be done to get a score in this game?
That was some boring shite to be honest

paco

If Brazil lose Kaka they're fucked.

Aerlik

Having watched that shiiiiiiite, I now seriously wonder why anyone likes Brazil.  Anyway, viva Argentina.

paco

Quote from: Aerlik on June 25, 2010, 04:56:12 PM
Having watched that shiiiiiiite, I now seriously wonder why anyone likes Brazil.  Anyway, viva Argentina.

No-one does really, it's probably the most unpopular Brazil side of all time! There has to be more creative Brazilians about, there's no need for Melo and Gilberto Silva to both start.

longrunsthefox

They did what most teams would do in that position and played out the draw.

ross4life

This is the same Brazil team that beat Argentina 3-1 in Rosario only 8 months ago hard to read much into today's game when they played for a Draw & were missing there two main creative players
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Celt_Man

Quote from: longrunsthefox on June 25, 2010, 05:10:11 PM
They did what most teams would do in that position and played out the draw.

Indeed it is but I can still moan about it though

Doogie Browser

Brazil got the job done, end of story.  Dunga's team is not like the Brazil of old, they are functional very like 94 and the team he anchored.