The Official 2010 FIFA World Cup

Started by Hurler on the Bitch, April 14, 2010, 11:57:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Puckoon on June 24, 2010, 09:03:30 PM
I am in full accord with that one. Maybe on the plane home he might get to meet the pilot?
He's a legend.

Puckoon

imtommygunn

MR what odds you get on Paraguay?

Italy going out was a shock. Some last 10 minutes. Slovakia doing some play acting but not like Italy never did it.

As soon as I drop VanPersie from FF team the fecker scores >:(

tyssam5

Quote from: Doogie Browser on June 24, 2010, 11:55:58 AM
Think the Danes are good value to win today 6/5 the win, they were great going forward against Cameroon, sort the defence out and they should win handy enough.

Yeah I thought the same, first losing bet so far though, so not bad.

I didn't think Japan had that in them. They were excellent. I was wondering why Nakamura wasn't getting a start, clearly they don't need him for the free-kicks.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 24, 2010, 09:02:51 PM
Quote from: Schkite on June 24, 2010, 08:02:04 PM
Another great free-kick, from a different player! Clearly Denmark would've been expecting Honda to hit it again so that was very well worked by Japan.
Honda should get a civic reception on his return to Japan.

i think harry rednapp said that he is thinking of trading in a bentley for a honda
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on June 24, 2010, 09:23:29 PM
MR what odds you get on Paraguay?

Italy going out was a shock. Some last 10 minutes. Slovakia doing some play acting but not like Italy never did it.

As soon as I drop VanPersie from FF team the fecker scores >:(

7/2. mate in work put me on to them, won a bet that day and stuck 12 quid on them and a tenner on the Argies (had a few drinks) would be nice if that comes up.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ballinaman

World Cup has shown that both Italy and France are pretty shocking at the moment. With Bulgaria brutal as well, jaysus...we really fecked up qualification. :-[

Celt_Man

Quote from: ballinaman on June 24, 2010, 11:36:01 PM
World Cup has shown that both Italy and France are pretty shocking at the moment. With Bulgaria brutal as well, jaysus...we really fecked up qualification. :-[

Na I don't think we did... look where we were coming from - if we were at the same place as post 2002 WC I'd agree with ya
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Capt Pat

I would be fairly confident of coming through the groups Italy and France were in.

Main Street

You can't really compare a team in the qualifiers to a team at the WC finals, look at  England and Spain who strolled through their groups but are now struggling to varying degrees.

In the WC qualifications, Italy had a better team with Pirlo and Buffon, Cannavaro was fitter and strangled Doyle in Bari. After a poor start, France rescued their Qual campaign and finished with some strong performances. Once a team qualifies then it has to step up to compete at the Finals. France's old issues imploded since that play-off.
Italy lost Pirlo and Cannavaro suddenly got old.

Aerlik

NIPPON...YATTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
I'm so pleased the Blue Samurai made it through and what and effort.  Delighted for all the auld mates in Japan.

I'm also delighted the team that introduced and perfected the scunnering cheating and diving, i.e. Italy, is going home.  And yet Italy fans can't understand others' frustrations with their antics.  Now for Das Vaterland to beat the tans.
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

nrico2006

So has anything actually been done about the incident involving Kaka and Kader Keita?

I think it is a disgrace that Keita is allowed to play in the final group game, again another major showing of incompetence from FIFA.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Capt Pat

Something really needs to be done about the playacting or the tournament will be sestroyed, the Slovaks and the Italians were at it, the Chileans got Behrami sent off as well. Kaka should never have been sent off and Keita should have got a suspension instead. There will be justice as Kaka won't be playing when the Ivory coast need Brazil to beat Portugal.

Celt_Man

Quote from: nrico2006 on June 25, 2010, 01:46:59 PM
So has anything actually been done about the incident involving Kaka and Kader Keita?

I think it is a disgrace that Keita is allowed to play in the final group game, again another major showing of incompetence from FIFA.

That actually is a joke - it was one of those things when I saw it first, I thought that it's gonna be one of those few times when FIFA is gonna have to take action considering how blatant and obvious it was
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Homer

Quote from: Celt_Man on June 25, 2010, 02:02:52 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on June 25, 2010, 01:46:59 PM

That actually is a joke - it was one of those things when I saw it first, I thought that it's gonna be one of those few times when FIFA is gonna have to take action considering how blatant and obvious it was

Brazil made no objection as they have already qualified and won't mind 'resting' Kaka for this game and having him back for their last 16 match with a clean slate i.e. no yelllow card hanging over him