Ard Mhacha v An Dún - Cluiche Ceannais Rionn 2 - Pairc an Chrócaigh 25/4/10

Started by TacadoirArdMhacha, April 11, 2010, 11:22:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlieTully

Quote from: mournerambler on April 26, 2010, 05:50:58 PM
Quote from: charlieTully on April 26, 2010, 02:43:26 PM
Quote from: passedit on April 26, 2010, 09:17:58 AM
Quote from: Mid Down Gael on April 25, 2010, 09:20:25 PM
Very disapointed with the result but im sure the turn coat from Burren is happy enough winning a league where McDonnell has been outstanding.

Please tell me you're not serious.

should hope is he serious. o,rourke is a traitor. plian and simple. he should hand back his all Ireland medal.

I'd dare say you posted this to stir the sh-t Charlie & I wasn't going to respond but then I saw it was from a soccer head who's knowledge of Gaelic Games would be similar to your beloved Glasgow Celtic's trophy cabinet, so I thought I had to say something.
You really ought to catch a grip of yourself ffs, POR was nothing but loyal to his County as a player & manager & as far as i Know he literally begged the CB at the time for another year in the job.
POR owes his County nothing, the true Gaels of Down are proud of his achievements & wish him well in the future.

to put it in soccer parlance he is mo johnstone. a turncoat. and trust you mournerambler to take the bait, so predictable, i will retire now for another few months and then come back to annoy you some more. YOU c**k.

stew

Quote from: charlieTully on April 26, 2010, 06:15:04 PM
Very disapointed with the result but im sure the turn coat from Burren is happy enough winning a league where McDonnell has been outstanding.

should hope is he serious. o,rourke is a traitor. plian and simple. he should hand back his all Ireland medal.

I'd dare say you posted this to stir the sh-t Charlie & I wasn't going to respond but then I saw it was from a soccer head who's knowledge of Gaelic Games would be similar to your beloved Glasgow Celtic's trophy cabinet, so I thought I had to say something.
You really ought to catch a grip of yourself ffs, POR was nothing but loyal to his County as a player & manager & as far as i Know he literally begged the CB at the time for another year in the job.
POR owes his County nothing, the true Gaels of Down are proud of his achievements & wish him well in the future.

to put it in soccer parlance he is mo johnstone. a turncoat. and trust you mournerambler to take the bait, so predictable, i will retire now for another few months and then come back to annoy you some more. YOU c**k.

Stay retired you muppet, fair play to O'Rourke, I will tell you this, if McGeeney had managed Armagh, got the road and ended up going to Down I would wish him well, as long as he never won the fcukers the AI I would be fine with it and I could never wish that man ill, how you can talk about O'Rourke in those terms defies belief, I take it you are too young to remember big Paddy Gracing HQ in the red and black and winning AI titles for fun with Burren
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

charlieTully

Quote from: stew on April 26, 2010, 06:56:39 PM

Stay retired you muppet, fair play to O'Rourke, I will tell you this, if McGeeney had managed Armagh, got the road and ended up going to Down I would wish him well, as long as he never won the fcukers the AI I would be fine with it and I could never wish that man ill, how you can talk about O'Rourke in those terms defies belief, I take it you are too young to remember big Paddy Gracing HQ in the red and black and winning AI titles for fun with Burren

too young i fathered you ya ****.

brokencrossbar1

You're Mo Johnston analogy is very apt, he went across the hate line instead of being involved with his boyhood club and set about dominating Scottish soccer and winning trophies for the next 10 years, I'd like to think POR may help do that ;D

Throw ball

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on April 26, 2010, 07:43:14 PM

You're Mo Johnston analogy is very apt, he went across the hate line instead of being involved with his boyhood club and set about dominating Scottish soccer and winning trophies for the next 10 years, I'd like to think POR may help do that ;D

Checkmate me thinks!

John o connor

There has been some rubbish posted about the match since yesterday   >:(As much as it pains me to say it Armagh deserved the win they looked fitter, hungrier,and more fluent in attack,so well done POR hope they gave you the deserved credit after all the initial crying about a Down man getting the Armagh job . MC Donnell was unmarkable at times yesterday ,fantastic player however i would be concerned for Armagh  ( not really ) if he picked up an injury.
From a Down point of view M Clarke has played 8 or 9 games in three years so give the man time there is a lot more to come . Benny gave his usual effort yesterday ,again another goal to add to the tally is there anyone better currently at getting the 3 pointers ? Thought once he got into the game big King played well and looks a perfect foil for ambi or dan later in the season. I think to many Down fans however are getting carried away with the display , apart from R Clarke that was Armaghs Full team yesterday wereas we were missing D Raff, Ambrose, Gordon and Luke Howard and argueably one or two more. Our lack of experience in headquarters also told IMO and certain players just did nt step up on the day , combine this and the fact Armagh are 2 weeks closer to Championship Football we should nt lose sight of the improvement since last season. Lastly and most controversially I am sure Daniel Mc Cartan is kicking him self for the stamp at the end of the match but no one has mentioned onTV in the slow motion you can clearly see A Kernan deliberately land both knees in the middle of Dans chest on the way down so there are 2 sides to every story

Armamike

Always nice to get a bit of silverware of any sort but the encouraging thing is the way the team is shaping up under the new management.  Still a work in progress but the team has a hell of a lot more going for it than this time last year. Fair dues to O'Rourke and his management team.  There have been small signs in this league of a decent team starting to come together (e.g. the Kildare game).  Players are playing with a bit more confidence and freedom than has been the case the past few years and are starting to show at senior level the type of performances they gave at underage level. It was pleasing as well to see the 3 forward subs coming on and looking lively and dangerous.  The wing backs and wing forwards have been doing very well for us this year so far - again, a big difference from last year.  It's a pity that we didn't get the chance to see Ronan Clarke and Dyas in action in the league but hopefully they'll be fit to play a part in the championship. The team can head to Celtic Park now with some confidence. If Derry beat them it won't be due to a lack of effort on Armagh's part.
That's just, like your opinion man.

Pearse og

Despicable antics from Dan McCartan yesterday, stamping on a man whilst he is on the ground, if he done that to a man on the street he would be arrested, what he done can not be compared to McKeever  tap on Clarke in the last match.

Great win for Armagh and to beat them when it matters more and in front of the whole country at Croker was even better.

Still livid that, that third rate county beat us in Newry no doubt if the ref had not have sent Finn Mo off we would have went on to win.

Down are still in our shadow.

camloughlad

as for thon tr@@p McKeever, what more would you expect from a pig other than a grunt.

Dunno maybe it was when mckeever stood on him? Had the kids with me tonight such a role model mckeever is.

Mc Keever is an absolute disgrace, and should not be seen on any Football field for a long time

due to that scum bag McKeever

That kn**ker should not be allowed to wear a jersey of any kind, he is a disgrace to his county

being a cynical s**mbag

these are just a very small handfull of things that were said about mckeever from the las game.i think we should change mckeevers name and put dan mccartan name in them posts above.if mckeever had of stamped on someone this form would of been on page 50 by now.

ogshead

Quote from: charlieTully on April 26, 2010, 07:39:28 PM

Notice this man doesn't have a club... he's one of those shits who follows the county for about ten games a year and think they know it all

JUst retired

I agree with some things you said BUT when did down last get 10 games in a year? ;D
Paddy O Rourke is a football man, the fact he is from Down is not a bother.

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: AFS on April 26, 2010, 02:40:05 PM
Quote from: RealSpiritof98 on April 26, 2010, 01:31:56 PM
Was it just me or was the Referee for the Armagh game very whistle happy when it came to contact, it seemed to be any player who lost their footing got a free, some great shoulder to shoulder hits got punished, any player surrounded got a free.

It wasn't just you. Andy Mallon's perfectly executed shoulder on Colgan (I think) in the first half, which resulted in a free that Clarke subsequently struck over, was one of countless examples of Kinneavy's intolerance of physicality. I really wish that someone would inform some of these referees that it is possible for a player to go to ground without a foul having been committed.
I think it was Mallon in the second half on Comiskey which produced a free as well even though the shoulder was perfect.  Yon referee should look at the game again and learn from his mistakes, this time
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: John o connor on April 26, 2010, 09:21:35 PM
There has been some rubbish posted about the match since yesterday   >:(As much as it pains me to say it Armagh deserved the win they looked fitter, hungrier,and more fluent in attack,so well done POR hope they gave you the deserved credit after all the initial crying about a Down man getting the Armagh job . MC Donnell was unmarkable at times yesterday ,fantastic player however i would be concerned for Armagh  ( not really ) if he picked up an injury.
From a Down point of view M Clarke has played 8 or 9 games in three years so give the man time there is a lot more to come . Benny gave his usual effort yesterday ,again another goal to add to the tally is there anyone better currently at getting the 3 pointers ? Thought once he got into the game big King played well and looks a perfect foil for ambi or dan later in the season. I think to many Down fans however are getting carried away with the display , apart from R Clarke that was Armaghs Full team yesterday wereas we were missing D Raff, Ambrose, Gordon and Luke Howard and argueably one or two more. Our lack of experience in headquarters also told IMO and certain players just did nt step up on the day , combine this and the fact Armagh are 2 weeks closer to Championship Football we should nt lose sight of the improvement since last season. Lastly and most controversially I am sure Daniel Mc Cartan is kicking him self for the stamp at the end of the match but no one has mentioned onTV in the slow motion you can clearly see A Kernan deliberately land both knees in the middle of Dans chest on the way down so there are 2 sides to every story

There didn't seem to be 2 sides to the story when McKeever was hung after the Marshes!?

mackers

Heaney's giving Armagh the kiss of death in this morning's IN. Normally it's Derry he's blowing about at this time of the year and they fall flat on their faces at the first hurdle, think he's trying a bit of reverse psychology this year. The less articles about us in the papers the better.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

charlieTully

Quote from: ogshead on April 26, 2010, 10:07:27 PM
Quote from: charlieTully on April 26, 2010, 07:39:28 PM

Notice this man doesn't have a club... he's one of those shits who follows the county for about ten games a year and think they know it all

you just stick to throwing your petrol bombs in dalton, i know you.