Shameful acts from Hogan cup

Started by Peter Solan the Great, April 10, 2010, 11:47:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

down6061689194

Abuse would be making false accusations about the man.

Giving him stick for acting like the arse he is in a professional position is fine.

Anyone care to enlighten us to exact words if it was beyond pale?

Ive heard some fierce abuse at games all round the place. Surely the seasoned pros couldnt be outdone by young guns?

todubhain461

"Galvin hits his students, Galvin hits his students, na na na na EY!"

redandblack4ever

I didn't see the Hogan Cup Final in person. I'm in Chicago and  thank God TG4 was streaming it to the US. IMHO St. Colman's dominated the game from beginning to end and should have won by more, but I don't care about the final score. The boys did it and I'm very happy for all involved.

I have it on very good authority that the St. Colman's players were "abused" from the time they left the locker room before the game until it was finally decided. "Nordie Bast*rds, Go Back to the North yas w*ankers, were just a few of the expressions the supposed supporters of St. Brendan's were shouting at the boys from Violet Hilll.

It made the backroom team of St. Colman's wonder what was going on. I mean, come on, this game was played between two schools that are, what we in the USA refer to, as high school level. Tell me that you've never done something when you were at that age (13-18) that you later regretted.

Some of the St. Colman's supporters were over-ethusiastic with their teams victory, but the way some of the people on this board are reacting to rumors and outright lies is totally disgusting and completely uncalled for.

The person that started this thread should be ashamed of himself for repeating what was said in a blog posted by someone who couldn't even give a game description. The blog author just proved that he is a "mexican" that really does begrudge the teams from the north their just due. Bottom line is this: the better team won on the day. If the fans of the St. Brendan's from  Killarney can't accept that simple fact, too bad for them. Get over it, you lost and that's the way the cookie crumbles.

Mrs. redandblack4ever
Oak Lawn, IL
"A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves."Edward R. Murrow,American Jounalist,1908-1965

dundrumite

Gutter journalism at its best with factual inaccuracies, spelling mistakes and general crap contained in his report.

ballela-angel

NOTICE TO ALL YOU ARMAGH SUPPORTERS (and anyone else who bad-mouths Down)

If youse talk bad about Down I'll set me ma on youse - Better still, I'll get Mrs rebandblcak4ever on your butts instead!
That awkward moment - Not sure if you do have free time or if you're just forgetting everything!

muppet

Why does misplaced criticism have to be 'southern bias' and not giving northern counties 'their just due' whatever that is?

Congrats to St. Colmans. I don't think anyone is arguing about their players great achievement and indeed their great history at this level.

If some of their supporters were a bit over the top, as has been admitted, then just say that's all it was. Why attack idiotic criticism with more idiotic criticism?
MWWSI 2017

talktothehand

Quote from: ballela-angel on April 12, 2010, 02:00:10 PM

If youse talk bad about Down I'll set me ma on youse - Better still, I'll get Mrs rebandblcak4ever on your butts instead!

no need to send yer ma round. she spends half her time here anyway;-)

imtommygunn

That smell of alcohol line is one of the biggest loads of shite I've ever read no matter what happened.

down6061689194

Quote from: todubhain461 on April 11, 2010, 10:59:41 PM
"Galvin hits his students, Galvin hits his students, na na na na EY!"

I'm sure he's loosing sleep alright.

There will be far worse called onto him this season I'd say

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 12, 2010, 05:12:08 PM
That smell of alcohol line is one of the biggest loads of shite I've ever read no matter what happened.

That does seem to be cobblers alright. How can you smell alcohol from one end of Croke Park to the other. Maybe they opened a micro brewery in the Hogan Stand.

The Worker

This is the most ridiculous thread O have read in all my time on the GaaBoard!!!

Fair play to the college, they played a lovely attractive style of football which no doubt gave their followers something to be proud of!

-and from the captain's acceptance speech he was more that happy to have the loyal fans' ferocious support the whole way through the competition!

redandblack4ever

Ballela Angel: What I say to most Armagh supporters here in Chicago that denigrate Down is this: "Talk to me when Armagh has 5 All-Ireland titles. Then we might have something to talk about."
"A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves."Edward R. Murrow,American Jounalist,1908-1965

imtommygunn

Which Newry guy is supposed to be going to oz?

From what I heard it was the no 12. To me the no. 11(Chris Clarke was it?) looked head and shoulders above everyone on the pitch and the number 14 was also a very standout player. (12 wasn't bad but these two boys stodd out in particular)

mackers

Quote from: redandblack4ever on April 12, 2010, 08:54:54 PM

Ballela Angel: What I say to most Armagh supporters here in Chicago that denigrate Down is this: "Talk to me when Armagh has 5 All-Ireland titles. Then we might have something to talk about."
Am I missing something, how did Armagh supporters come in to this? The thread was started by a Mayo poster and no Armagh poster has slagged off St Colman's or its supporters.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

SambaSaffron

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 12, 2010, 09:02:37 PM
Which Newry guy is supposed to be going to oz?

From what I heard it was the no 12. To me the no. 11(Chris Clarke was it?) looked head and shoulders above everyone on the pitch and the number 14 was also a very standout player. (12 wasn't bad but these two boys stodd out in particular)
Yeah, I heard it was Caolan Mooney. Any Down posters confirm or deny?