Cork V Mayo - What odds on a draw?

Started by Mayo4Sam, March 28, 2010, 04:05:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hound

A draw means nothing to Cork. They are already in the final.

The question is will they bother beating Mayo. I don't think they'd want to show anything like there full hand if its likely they'll be playing the same opposition in the next game, the final.

I don't think its likely the Dubs would beat Tyrone. But I reckon the Cork management, players and fans would largely favour a final against Dublin.

mannix

dubs could beat tyrone, I would not cry if we do not see a league final with Mayo. As for Sligo, they should realistically be a warmup game for Mayo unless something serious happens to them or Mayo between now and the championship.

Farrandeelin

Bloody hell, there are people out there who don't want Mayo to win the league who follow football in Mayo. Nice to meet ye lads. I know championship is all that matters, but remind me who won last year's leagues?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

seafoid

I'm up for Mayo Farrandeelin if that's any use.

Never beat the deeler

I think it would do Mayo good to get to the league final, and even better to win it. Its good to be in a winning habit.

I dont buy into the thinking that they need a rest - it is only one game after all.

I know the league is often used as merely a warm up for Championship, but its one of only two national competitions, and its not as if we are winning so much that we can turn our noses up at it! I guarantee if the Kerrys or Tyrones of this world were in Mayo's position they'd be doing all they could to win.

As for the game, I cant see Cork busting a gut, and it would probably suit them better to play Mayo than Dublin in a final....
Hasta la victoria siempre

highorlow

QuoteNot sure what you mean with the 'If he was in Kerry he would be minded' comment

Not playing the lad in the league and saving him for the Championship.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

Mayo4Sam

He's not too heavy, he's a big lad and doesn't look fast  but once he learns to play to his strengths he'll be an unreal footballer. He's strong and has a great eye for goal, once he gets going its impossible to stop him.
All he needs is a chance and to take some of the pressure off himself
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

derryhero

simple question....simple answer

the odds are 7/1...the rest of use stop talking shite

GalwayBayBoy

muppet

MWWSI 2017

GalwayBayBoy

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Lads is it defo head-to-heads if Mayo & Dublin end on the same points, or even Cork & Dublin. Why did the match programme waste time going on about points difference if it won't matter anyways.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on March 30, 2010, 05:12:05 PM
Lads is it defo head-to-heads if Mayo & Dublin end on the same points, or even Cork & Dublin. Why did the match programme waste time going on about points difference if it won't matter anyways.

Yes, definitely head to head.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

mrhardyannual

in fairness to the programme makers they are not clairvoyant and were not to know the results of last weekends games. If Mayo, Dublin and Cork had ended up on the same number of points then score difference would have come into play. Head to head only applies when two teams end equal.