Is the Pope guilty of sexual abuse cover up?

Started by give her dixie, March 25, 2010, 02:31:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stew

Quote from: longrunsthefox on March 26, 2010, 04:44:51 PM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on March 26, 2010, 04:22:30 PM
Look at the name of the reporter  :o

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/faith/article7065824.ece

You're a bit late with that one...

Re: Clerical abuse!
« Reply #856 on: Today at 12:55:14 PM »

Time for a bit of levity...  :D

You couldn't make it up .... this is from The Times online report...

'Roger Boyes probes Vienna Boys' Choir

Catholic paedo scandal? The Times has the man for the job'

:D :D :D

What are the odds of that happening.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

stew

Quote from: ardmhachaabu on March 26, 2010, 05:27:24 PM
Iceman, they only see what they want to see

Three words come to mind after reading that, Kettle, Pot & Black.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

give her dixie

next stop, September 10, for number 4......

muppet

Quote from: The Iceman on March 26, 2010, 01:55:13 PM
When you really don't understand or respect something it is difficult to talk about it. 

How can you appreciate Mass unless you understand what its all about?
How can you not think its ok to avoid religion and go it alone if you don't fully understand God's message and Paul's teachings?
Of course you're going to make fun of any level of respect shown to any hierarchy if you don't respect that leadership yourself or what it stands for or understand who instituted it and what it really means.

Paul who, Daniels?

The church sidelined much of Paul's teachings and went with Peter's.

Ours isn't the only religion to confuse tradition and well intentioned parables with the imposition of strict lifelong disciplines.

For example the Jews not eating pork apparently started with the good advise that eating parasite ridden pigs might not be a good idea not to mention the risk if the meat isn't properly prepared. Now for lots of Jews it is part of their religious dogma.

In the Catholic Church the rise of the position of Pope to what is it today is at odds with history but we seem to have people who just accept everything they are told.
MWWSI 2017

Tyrones own

Quote from: give her dixie on March 26, 2010, 12:28:26 PM
The sight of the disgraced Irish Bishops meeting the Pope in Rome a few weeks ago was sickening.
Watching them curtsey in front of him, and then proceed to kiss his ring like he was some form of royalty was revolting.
Watching this, i'm sure the victims felt like they had support at the highest level.
I'm sure the meeting went into much detail about how they could cover up some more. Share a few idea's and secrets on the art of cover up.

I have a very good friend who was abused by a priest, and knowing about the cover up involved in their case is one very very sad affair. The church is rotten to the core from the top down. Until there are changes from the top down, then the church will continue in free fall.

If any of the loyal supporters of the church on here knew a victim personally, then you would soon change your tune. By supoporting the church and clergy in it's current form, you are on the side of the abusers.

Wonder were you as revolted at the kissing of Saddam's ring by most all who came before him?
(Did Gorgeous George have the honor?)..but then Saddam didn't abuse kids right enough that I know of, just killed
hundreds if not thousands of them ::)
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

balladmaker

It was obvious from Fr. Brian Darcy's interview on last night's Late Late, that he doesn't have much time for the Pope, or Cardinals for that matter.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Tyrones own on March 26, 2010, 11:38:26 PM
Quote from: give her dixie on March 26, 2010, 12:28:26 PM
The sight of the disgraced Irish Bishops meeting the Pope in Rome a few weeks ago was sickening.
Watching them curtsey in front of him, and then proceed to kiss his ring like he was some form of royalty was revolting.
Watching this, i'm sure the victims felt like they had support at the highest level.
I'm sure the meeting went into much detail about how they could cover up some more. Share a few idea's and secrets on the art of cover up.

I have a very good friend who was abused by a priest, and knowing about the cover up involved in their case is one very very sad affair. The church is rotten to the core from the top down. Until there are changes from the top down, then the church will continue in free fall.

If any of the loyal supporters of the church on here knew a victim personally, then you would soon change your tune. By supoporting the church and clergy in it's current form, you are on the side of the abusers.

Wonder were you as revolted at the kissing of Saddam's ring by most all who came before him?
(Did Gorgeous George have the honor?)..but then Saddam didn't abuse kids right enough that I know of, just killed
hundreds if not thousands of them ::)

Yes he did kill thousands of them and he got what was coming to him in the end and deservedly so as he was an evil bastard. But then I don't see a huge difference between raping children, covering up for child rapists or child killers to be honest. Its a strange position you have taken there trying to deflect from the pathetic ring kissing of the pope by saying its ok sure people used to do the same to mass murderer psycho like Sadam. ???

longrunsthefox

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on March 26, 2010, 04:56:57 PM
Quote from: longrunsthefox on March 26, 2010, 04:44:51 PM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on March 26, 2010, 04:22:30 PM
Look at the name of the reporter  :o

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/faith/article7065824.ece

You're a bit late with that one...

Sorry - I don't live on here like some people

Good point-well made Gabriel   :P  tho you don't do too bad yourself with an average of over three posts a day for more than four years!

ardmhachaabu

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

mylestheslasher

Quote from: balladmaker on March 27, 2010, 10:01:57 AM
It was obvious from Fr. Brian Darcy's interview on last night's Late Late, that he doesn't have much time for the Pope, or Cardinals for that matter.

He got a lot of abuse from some hardline church supporters on here but I thought he was very good last  night. He speaks with an honesty and openess that is a breath of fresh air to me anyway. He rightly, imo, pointed out his dislike for the hierarchy that now exists in the church asking where it came from and pointing out that Jesus never envisaged such a thing. The ring kissing and the pomp he also dislikes. Lets not forget he was a victim of sex abuse so is more qualiified than his bosses to talk about it. What a shame a few other ordinary priests don't have the moral courage to speak out instead preferring to follow the leader like sheep.

orangeman

The reason Fr Brian Darcy is so able to speak out is that he isn't AFRAID to.

He's not afraid of the cardinals, the bishops, parish priests and that hierarchical structure that exists.

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: orangeman on March 27, 2010, 12:05:08 PM

He's not afraid of the cardinals, the bishops, parish priests and that hierarchical structure that exists.
He is outside of it.  He is not a diocesan priest. 
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

Ulick

Let's face it the Church has it's pomp and circumstance and D'Arcy has his. Other priests kiss rings, D'Arcy kisses celebrity arse in return for praise. As for the ridiculous dyed black hair - that just reinforces the vainglorious nature of the man. He's quite obviously a Protestant and I can't for the life of me work out why he is still in the Catholic Church. 

Main Street

Quote from: ardmhachaabu on March 27, 2010, 12:34:30 PM

As an ordained priest, he is well inside the hierarchy structure of the Catholic Church. He has to be responsible to someone,
if not a diocese structure then he answers to the hierarchal equivalent in his order.

But you appear to be suggesting that more priests might well share his sentiments but have a fear of doing so out loud.

orangeman

Quote from: ardmhachaabu on March 27, 2010, 12:34:30 PM

That's my point. He is not going round shiting himself afraid that he'll get into trouble and be called into the office and get punished for being bold and not towing the party line.