Irelands Greatest Figures

Started by Shortso79, March 22, 2010, 10:57:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farrandeelin

No T Fearon? I'm sure he'll be upset because he won't win it!! :D
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

ardmhachaabu

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

Nally Stand

How would you forget about Bernard, feckit?! Sure he's still refusing to stop riding on the crest of his fame:-D
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Onlooker

How did John O'Shea make the list?.  He is a hopeless footballer.

Nally Stand

I feel I should, out of loyalty to where I live, nominate a Carrickmore man. Kurt Cobaine.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Celt_Man

Sir Ernest Henry Shackleton or Tom Crean well worthy of mention too
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

longrunsthefox

Quote from: Nally Stand on March 24, 2010, 08:48:25 PM
I feel I should, out of loyalty to where I live, nominate a Carrickmore man. Kurt Cobaine.

he's from Pomeroy!!

ziggysego

Quote from: Nally Stand on March 24, 2010, 08:48:25 PM

Well in that same vein.

Tommy 'Tyrone Tom' McDermott ;D
Testing Accessibility

Nally Stand

I doubt you and the Belfast telegraph need to check your geography- the townland of Inisatieve is very definately in Carrickmore;-)

armaghniac

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Dougal Maguire

Careful now

new devil

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

Capt Pat

http://www.rte.ie/tv/irelandsgreatest/

The top 10 is Stephen Gately, bono, Adi Roche, Mary Robinson, Padraig Pearse, Noel Brown(who is he?), John Hume, Phil Lynnott, Michael Collins, James Connolly. That is probably in reverse order to reflect my opinions.

Dinny Breen

Noel Brown(who is he?),

He introduced State Health Care with his Mother and Child Scheme, took on the Catholic Church, was expelled from Fianna Fail for not towing the party line, a politician who actually put the people first.
#newbridgeornowhere