Tìr Eoghain v Ciarraì - 27/03/10 - Healy Park, Omagh

Started by omagh_gael, March 22, 2010, 11:53:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

clarshack

Quote from: omagh_gael on March 27, 2010, 11:20:45 PM
Quote from: orangeman on March 27, 2010, 11:17:53 PM
Kyle socred a lovely point that was given as a wide.

It looked well wide from were I was sitting?

it was a mile wide from where i was sitting too but he did score a good point in the 1st half.

Tyrone Dreamer

omagh_gael

Quote from: ONeill on March 26, 2010, 10:20:17 PM
Hoping to see the real Tyrone stand up tomorrow.

The expert on the couch says:

1. The hunger is gone I think we seen tonight that there's still a healthy hunger left
2. The legs of the '03 lads are going This is without doubt true, Ricey looked slow, Gormley has lost a lot of speed but makes up for it with his reading of the game and too early to judge Jordan. Although I think mugsy hasn't looked as sharp in a long time
3. The new breed are of an average standard. Have shown glimpses of their talent so far but again too early to make any significant judgement

Let's hope tomorrow sees those possibilities scratched.

clarshack

thought hughes unsurprisingly made a mess of refereeing the game tonight.

what did other posters think of his performance?

orangeman

Quote from: clarshack on March 27, 2010, 11:54:22 PM

Could you imagine what the reaction would have been if Tyrone had been beaten ??

He was throwing out cards like confetti.

omagh_gael

He seemed to approach the game like it was all going to kick off as he was dishing out yellows for really innocuous stuff just to 'keep a lid' on it even though there was no need for a lid!

On a side note...Donaghy has to be one of the biggest whingers I have seen play, between roaring the head of the ref for any free against Kerry along with dramatic arm swinging. Also gives out tara to his team mates for not passing too him, at one stage went over to Moran and roared the bejaysus off him for taking a shot from an acute angle intead of giving him the ball!   

orangeman

Quote from: omagh_gael on March 28, 2010, 12:04:41 AM

He seemed to approach the game like it was all going to kick off as he was dishing out yellows for really innocuous stuff just to 'keep a lid' on it even though there was no need for a lid!

On a side note...Donaghy has to be one of the biggest whingers I have seen play, between roaring the head of the ref for any free against Kerry along with dramatic arm swinging. Also gives out tara to his team mates for not passing too him, at one stage went over to Moran and roared the bejaysus off him for taking a shot from an acute angle intead of giving him the ball!

To be fair, Moran would need a ball of his own - he'd ate the lace off her and shoots from impossible angles.

omagh_gael

Quote from: orangeman on March 28, 2010, 12:07:25 AM

To be fair, Moran would need a ball of his own - he'd ate the lace off her and shoots from impossible angles.

That's true...he's a big lump of a lad, quite funny seeing Dermy Carlin (who had an excellent game) nipping at his heels!

Mid Down Gael

Quote from: orangeman on March 28, 2010, 12:07:25 AM

Although his shot selection was erratic at times i thought he was outstanding. Gave the Tyrone defence many problems.

clarshack

Quote from: orangeman on March 27, 2010, 11:58:09 PM

Could you imagine what the reaction would have been if Tyrone had been beaten ??

would have been fearful for his safety that's for sure...

SuperDooperCooper

Tyrone deserved the win, we were way too negative at the end.
Reality was that it was there for us when we got the goal and we failed to close the deal.
But as Jack said after the Mayo game better to find this out now than in July August.

I can't shake the feeling that we are in terminal decline, While Galvin & Tomas will make a massive difference when they come back (and possibly Johnny Buckley / Barry John Keane & Barry John Walsh from the u-21's) this was a full strength Kerry side. We need Mike Mac back if we are to have any chance in the summer.

Can't see beyond Cork at this juncture, they are heads and shoulders above everyone else in this division and whats worse they know it!!!!

mountainboii

Not only Hughes being liberal with the cards these days. Sludden was the same last week and a lot of other refs have been at it too. Looks like they've all been told to come down hard on 'personal fouls' in particular - lots of yellows for wee pushes and slight jersey pulls and things like that.

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: clarshack on March 28, 2010, 12:11:17 AM

What?
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

clarshack

Quote from: ardmhachaabu on March 28, 2010, 12:29:56 AM
Quote from: clarshack on March 28, 2010, 12:11:17 AM

What?

i reckon it could have turned ugly - like the end of the portlaoise v kilmurry game but thankfully with tyrone winning it didnt come to that.