The Official Blackberry Thread

Started by JimStynes, March 11, 2010, 11:34:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyroneboi

Quote from: JimStynes on March 18, 2010, 11:40:07 PM
Finding it a real pain in the ass finding good free apps.  >:(

Also my new contract has unlimited internet plus the BIS thing. If u get BIS does this mean that there is no need for the unlimited internet that vodafone offer as BIS already offers unlimited internet?

Im by no means an expert but for a Blackberry its all about having the BIS to operate email and internet. The unlimited internet means nothing for a Blackberry so maybe its best to speak to Vodafone to make sure your not getting charged for both.

Candyman

a quick plug...

I've a brand new Blackberry 8520 for sale if anyones interested PM me!!  ;D

JimStynes

Anyone know a good place to get phone insurance for the Blackberry Bold? Vodafone is 7.50 per month, is this reasonable enough?

thebigfella

Quote from: JimStynes on April 21, 2010, 02:26:31 PM
Anyone know a good place to get phone insurance for the Blackberry Bold? Vodafone is 7.50 per month, is this reasonable enough?

If you have contents insurance on your house, you should be covered but double check. Mobile insurance is the biggest f**king scam ever.

gorm agus bui

Just of late I cannot open excel spreadsheets that come as attchments
Is there anything I have done to cause this or what do i do to reactivate

Puckoon

Just out of curiosity - when you are looking at a whole bunch of blackberries - how do you know which one to pick?

Candyman

Some great deals on Blackberry out at the moment...

Unlimited o2 calls
Unlimited texts (all networks!!)
Unlimited calls to any UK landline
Unlimited internet & email
600 cross network mins
Free Blackberry 8520
£35.25 / Month

Contact me for further details  ;D

The Worker

Looking to get a sim free blackberry phone, any1 recommend any in particular?

The Real Laoislad

Is the Blackberry Storm any good?
Was gonna buy 2nd hand one off ebay to keep me going until I can get Iphone 4 next May.
You'll Never Walk Alone.

winsamsoon

Got a blackberry 8520 curve and can't seem to get on the internet with it only through the home wi-fi. I have took out a bolt on that includes the internet package. Has this to be registered on o2 aswell ? All suggestions welcome
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Karl Kennedy

Quick question on the blackberry pearl..

Is there anyway to get a text message conversation on to your computer? I have about an important conversation that takes up about 300 messages (due to amount of words used) and I would like to get it saved on to computer but don't know how to. I have tried the 'send to email' option but that only works if you send each message individually. Is there a way to get it all on to computer in one go?

Thanks

Square Ball

would it not be easier to send it to a web based email address then save it that way?
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Karl Kennedy

Quote from: Square Ball on April 11, 2011, 09:07:12 PM
would it not be easier to send it to a web based email address then save it that way?

But you have to do it 300 times then, as it won't send the whole conversation, only each individual message at a time..Is there any quicker or easier way?

Just Puck It

Quote from: Karl Kennedy on April 11, 2011, 09:17:32 PM
Quote from: Square Ball on April 11, 2011, 09:07:12 PM

But you have to do it 300 times then, as it won't send the whole conversation, only each individual message at a time..Is there any quicker or easier way?

I know with the BlackBerry Desktop software that I use with my 8520 I can hook up the phone and view the conversations within my text messages.  Not sure what the 'copy and paste' possibilities are once you're looking at it on the computer but I'm assuming their should be a save feature there somewhere! Don't have the lead on me at the minute or I would check.  Give it a go - should work!