The Official Blackberry Thread

Started by JimStynes, March 11, 2010, 11:34:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Quote from: Take Your Points on March 12, 2010, 10:32:55 PM
Why type Jim, and not just Jim?

Ach I'm old-fashioned. It's like the way people used to write letters. I haven't written a letter in 3 years.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Puckoon

Quote from: Take Your Points on March 12, 2010, 10:53:41 PM
Quote from: ONeill on March 12, 2010, 10:46:48 PM

Ach I'm old-fashioned. It's like the way people used to write letters. I haven't written a letter in 3 years.

Amazing!  I usually write and send an average of 4 letters per day and that doesn't include mailshots.

I got one of them kind of letters once. It wasnt your signature at the bottom, but needless to say the old man drove me into your office first thing the next morning.

ONeill

Quote from: Take Your Points on March 12, 2010, 10:53:41 PM
Quote from: ONeill on March 12, 2010, 10:46:48 PM

Amazing!  I usually write and send an average of 4 letters per day and that doesn't include mailshots.

Hand written?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

JimStynes

http://noknok.tv/2009/11/16/nokia-e72-hits-uk-market/
I like the look of this bad boy aswell... Cant decide on what to do

Candyman

Quote from: JimStynes on March 13, 2010, 12:07:40 PM
Ball of Scrap Jim and dont even come close to the Blackberry or iPhone!!!

JimStynes

Quote from: Candyman on March 13, 2010, 01:09:54 PM
Quote from: JimStynes on March 13, 2010, 12:07:40 PM
Ball of Scrap Jim and dont even come close to the Blackberry or iPhone!!!

I have always used nokia phones and this one gets good reviews plus it looks nice. Maybe its time for me and Nokia to part ways and go for the Blackberry.

Candyman

Nokia E series AFAIK use the old symbian menu system.... In a nutshell its a new style handset with an old operating system!! Honestly wouldnt touch it!!

JimStynes

Ordered the blackberry lads, it will be here on Tuesday  ;D

JimStynes

Anybody know some good apps worth downloading to the Blackberry? Only got the phone today and so far so good, still getting used to the qwerty keyboard though. My last phone was a nokia 6300 so its a big upgrade for me and it will probably take me a while getting used to this up to date technology.

Candyman

Google talk... Great tool and I use it a lot!! Also the facebook app

Orior

Blackberry users - do you sync MS Outlook with your home PC or work PC?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Orior

Quote from: Take Your Points on March 18, 2010, 08:36:03 PM
Quote from: Orior on March 18, 2010, 08:22:21 PM
Blackberry users - do you sync MS Outlook with your home PC or work PC?

I am able to sync my emails with OWA, the web version of Outlook.  However, it doesn't sync the calendar unless you get a meeting request which goes to my calendar.  I am not sure how it would work if I had the MS Exchange connection.

Corporately, you need a thing called Blackberry Exchange Server (BES). But people who buy BB for themselves wouldnt be into that.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

tyroneboi

Quote from: Candyman on March 18, 2010, 07:46:14 PM
Google talk... Great tool and I use it a lot!! Also the facebook app

Found the facebook app to be pure crap I would just use the normal browser for that. If your into sports/football get the Goal and Score Apps. Current affairs i have the Reuters app which is pretty good. I also have the Flixter movie app which is good for movie reviews etc. Wish there was more UK based apps but im sure in time there will be more developed.

Crackberry and its forums are also worth checking out on a regular basis for tips, info and any problem you need solved.

ballela-angel

Anybody know some good apps worth downloading to the Blackberry? Only got the phone today and so far so good, still getting used to the qwerty keyboard though. My last phone was a nokia 6300 so its a big upgrade for me and it will probably take me a while getting used to this up to date technology

Jim - I use the Word, Excel and PDF features from the Data-Viz application a lot in my business
That awkward moment - Not sure if you do have free time or if you're just forgetting everything!

JimStynes

Finding it a real pain in the ass finding good free apps.  >:(

Also my new contract has unlimited internet plus the BIS thing. If u get BIS does this mean that there is no need for the unlimited internet that vodafone offer as BIS already offers unlimited internet?