The Official Blackberry Thread

Started by JimStynes, March 11, 2010, 11:34:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimStynes

Quote from: Asal Mor on March 12, 2010, 11:23:24 AM
I've been experimenting with having no mobile for the last few weeks. There's a lot to be said for it - great peace without it. I'd only miss it in an emergency. God be with the days when a blackberry was a fruit.

Simple times, better times  ;)

GetOffThePitch

Quote from: thebigfella on March 12, 2010, 10:50:34 AM
Quote from: GetOffThePitch on March 12, 2010, 10:25:40 AM
was always a Nokia man and in the last few months went Blackberry. The curve 8900 i think it is.

Class phone- it's not flash and it does lack some of the addons my last Nokia maybe had but it just does all i need without any pissing about to be honest. Having messenger and email on the go at all times is a bonus. Would defo recommend. iPhones are for losers.

Are you 14  ::) Maybe you should get a job as a technology journalist.

Certainly not 14. and i stand over my statement. People with iPhones have certain needy personality types.  They rave about what they have, and what other phones don't have. Yet when you think about it- the iPhone is useful for being able to do a lot of pretty useless stuff :)

Is that critique OK?

Uladh

What's the story with the blackberry / iphone when you're out of the country? same massive roaming charges as the ordinary phone?

Billys Boots

I thought there was supposed to be new EU legislation to prevent rip-off roaming charges - am I dreaming?
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

The Iceman

I believe iPhones and Blackberrys are the worst inventions ever made.  I'm not even crazy about having a mobile phone these days aside from emergencies.

We're all becoming too consumed with technology and more and more I see kids especially always texting or online or on their DS or whatever gadget it is.  Sit in a restaurant or even a bar and people are together but texting   -there's no interaction. 

Having a Blackberry means you check every email as it comes in.  Unless you are waiting on important news why is it necessary to read your emails immediately?

Also if your blackberry is connected to work emails you are never off work....
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

mournerambler

http://www.t3.com/feature/iphone-4-rumours-10-things-we-know-so-far

If you can hold off until June/July this year Jim, strong rumors that the 4G iphone will be available then, beware of great deals on the 3GS version now, it's their way of getting rid of them before the new version comes to the market.

Mickey Linden

Iphone is your only job Jim!

JimStynes

Definately not going to go for an iphone, i hate touchscreen phones plus i love the blackberry qwerty keyboard.

Puckoon

Quote from: The Iceman on March 12, 2010, 02:12:54 PM
I believe iPhones and Blackberrys are the worst inventions ever made.  I'm not even crazy about having a mobile phone these days aside from emergencies.

We're all becoming too consumed with technology and more and more I see kids especially always texting or online or on their DS or whatever gadget it is.  Sit in a restaurant or even a bar and people are together but texting   -there's no interaction. 

Having a Blackberry means you check every email as it comes in.  Unless you are waiting on important news why is it necessary to read your emails immediately?

Ah and then you hit them with the overtime bill at the end of the year.

Thats a Bingo!

lurganblue

Quote from: mournerambler on March 12, 2010, 03:06:42 PM
http://www.t3.com/feature/iphone-4-rumours-10-things-we-know-so-far

If you can hold off until June/July this year Jim, strong rumors that the 4G iphone will be available then, beware of great deals on the 3GS version now, it's their way of getting rid of them before the new version comes to the market.

holding out for this too and hoping I can upgrade my 3g to it in September.

The wife has a blackberry and tells me that it is better than the iPhone but I think she is talking dung. She doesn't like touch screen phones either after her experience with the lg cookie (which as a touch screen doesn't compare to the iPhone at all).

ziggysego

I was showing my mate who has a Blackberry my iPhone the other week. He was very impressed with the iPhone, as he was never that happy with his Blackberry. I think it was Storm, but I wouldn't swear to it.
Testing Accessibility

The Iceman

Quote from: Puckoon on March 12, 2010, 04:34:29 PM
Quote from: The Iceman on March 12, 2010, 02:12:54 PM

Ah and then you hit them with the overtime bill at the end of the year.

Thats a Bingo!

If only there was over time   - I would be a rich iceman
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

mournerambler

Quote from: JimStynes on March 12, 2010, 04:07:37 PM
Definately not going to go for an iphone, i hate touchscreen phones plus i love the blackberry qwerty keyboard.

Just in case your not aware Jim, the iphone also has a full qwerty keyboard feature.

The Watcher Pat

Quote from: JimStynes on March 11, 2010, 11:34:46 PM
Anyone have a blackberry phone. I was thinking of getting one of Blackberry 9700 and was wondering if anyone has got this type of phone. I have been a nokia man for years and was also interested in the Nokia E72 which looks pretty similar to the Blackberry. Is a Blackberry worth all the hype?

Don't get it Jim...No signal where we live!!  Paying for something you can't use!
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

ONeill

Jim,

Just wanted to type Jim, .
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.