Tyrone v Cork - Healy Park, 13/03/10

Started by omagh_gael, March 08, 2010, 10:12:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bensars

The assumption that those forwards and midfielders named are playing to a form level of previous years gone by.

The reality is Dooher may be reserved for experience later in games. Tommy Mc Guigan is on/off at the very best of times. Enda mc Ginley although being massive in years gone by has not started yet .

omagh_gael

Are you sure O'Neill? I think Penrose and SoN play well off each other as SoN's presence gives Martin that bit more space to exploit with his pace? I was also quite impressed with his ability to sweep between MF and HB line on saturday night which would be useful if we were to come under the cosh in the wide open spaces of Croke Park. If I was to pick a forward 6 come championship time i'd like to see...

Joey            Sean Cav           Mc Ginley (3rd mf)

Penrose          SoN               Mugsy

That leaves us with piles of options on the bench with the likes of coney, dooher, tommy, mulgrew etc all to come in and shore things up/bring something different.

ONeill

Penrose has been close to our top performer so far this year, and often is around this time of the year. I just think Mickey's a fan of Tommy. Tommy can take a score and offers an option for frees. Remains to be seen.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Fuzzman

We've got too many bloody players like Tommy, Mulgrew, CC and I suppose Mugsy who appear to have so much talent but for one reason or another come up short.

Surely you have to say Penrose has been a better player than Tommy the last two years. Tommy can have 1 great game in 5 perhaps

I think SON will be kept for Kerry game

ONeill

I would put Tommy head and shoulders above CC and Mulgrew. He's capable of carving open sides, fielding his own ball as well as taking crucial scores in big games. Penrose is speedy and is playing well right now. Two good players.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

omagh_gael

Quote from: Fuzzman on March 16, 2010, 05:14:42 PM
We've got too many bloody players like Tommy, Mulgrew, CC and I suppose Mugsy who appear to have so much talent but for one reason or another come up short.

Surely you have to say Penrose has been a better player than Tommy the last two years. Tommy can have 1 great game in 5 perhaps

I think SON will be kept for Kerry game

Is SoN back training yet?

cadhlancian

Quote from: ONeill on March 16, 2010, 11:38:24 AM
Quote from: cadhlancian on March 15, 2010, 03:49:25 AM
Quote from: ONeill on March 15, 2010, 12:47:45 AM
Quote from: randomtask on March 15, 2010, 12:34:53 AM
curran is a joke, complete s**t wonder how many points he has managed to give away in his Tyrone career to date. still have alot of worries about Tyrone, some players seem to have went down hill, Brian mc guigan, enda mc ginley and Davey harte have been very poor to date need big improvements. on the flip side have been impressed with aiden cassidy, marty penrose and marty swift. Penrose especially has been tremendous in most matches, if i was asked to lay out Tyrone's strongest team it would be:

1. J Devine
2. M Swift
3. J Mc Mahon
4. S O Neill
5. P Jordan
6. C Gormley
7. R Mc Menamin
8. A Cassidy
9. S Cavanagh
10. T Mc Guigan/ R Mulgrew / C Cavanagh
11. C Mc Cullagh
12.J Mc Mahon
13. M Penrose
14. S O Neill
15. O Mulligan

I still think we have a big chance of regaining all ireland glory this year!!

I'd have

McConnell

Gormley
Justin
Ricey

Nephew
Joe
Jordan

Cassidy
Hub

Dooher
Sean
Enda

Tommy
O'Neill
Mugsy

But Mickey will never have that. The full back line might struggle against nippy CFs late on. He won't move Joe into HB. Penrose will start under Mickey.
Jaysus Shane,,,,cant believe you dont have Penrose in your 15, maybe thats why Mickeys picking the team ;D

Come August or Sept if Tyrone are still involved, and with every forward/midfielder fit, I don't think Mickey'd start Penrose. Who would you drop?
Tommy or Dooher

omagh_gael

Quote from: Puckoon on March 16, 2010, 06:32:06 PM
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=9217.0

Worst kept secret in GAA Omagh Gael.

Holy sh*t! I never saw that coming...I wonder will he take a medal if we win the AI?

sandwiches_in_the_boot

Penrose has been unreal the year. Can't believe he wouldn't feature in some people's first 15. I'd rather take him than the two McGuigans combined. Brian hasn't found a pick of form in the league, his frustration was there to see in Derry and Tommy's form is always a roulette wheel.

I can understand giving them game time to find form, but I'd rather they come on as subs.

Disappointed Petey Harte hasn't been seen in the league.

My feeling about Tyrone in the league is a bit like Dromore last year, a very average league, but did the business in the championship.
"A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin."
H. L. Mencken

cadhlancian

lads and lassies I just got to see the Colm Cavanagh goal. There is not a f>>>>king chance in hell , he was going for a goal, ZERO. he had switched onto his weaker left foot just as he was preparing to shoot. If it had been his stronger right foot , then maybe I would have given him the benefit of the doubt, but not a chance, Maurice Fitzgerald, Peter and Stevie wouldnt have tried this in their primes! ::)

gerry

i take marty over tommy, he has had a great start to this year always showing for the ball.
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

gerry

Quote from: cadhlancian on March 16, 2010, 10:03:55 PM
lads and lassies I just got to see the Colm Cavanagh goal. There is not a f>>>>king chance in hell , he was going for a goal, ZERO. he had switched onto his weaker left foot just as he was preparing to shoot. If it had been his stronger right foot , then maybe I would have given him the benefit of the doubt, but not a chance, Maurice Fitzgerald, Peter and Stevie wouldnt have tried this in their primes! ::)

At the match and at the 45 marker so had good view of it. He went for point and it fell short. I take it any day.

At the match and at the 45 marker so had good view of it. He went for point and it fell short. I take it any day.

:D :D :D :D :D

omagh_gael

I think it's time we report Gerry to the mods! :)

gerry

Quote from: omagh_gael on March 16, 2010, 10:10:24 PM
I think it's time we report Gerry to the mods! :)

ziggy (mod3) says i am alright, just keep me of the chocolate and coke