Tyrone v Cork - Healy Park, 13/03/10

Started by omagh_gael, March 08, 2010, 10:12:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Overthebar!

MR99

Quote from: Overthebar! on March 15, 2010, 02:42:29 PM
Why is seany wabb called red sean?
Aksed that question to a Dromore man once, he said he thought it was because Tyrone had 2 Sean O'Neills, Snowy had blond hair and Red Sean had gingerish hair when he was younger.

rrhf

I would concur with the above.  Tyrones best players this league are the relatively new blood, red sean in the half back line, Cassidy and Cavanagh who is developing nicely for the year ahead.  I still think we desperately need to beat Galway this weekend or we will go down.  As for later on in the year if Tyrone persist with the new blood they are the only team I think can beat Kerry in Croke Park  - again.  Its such  a pity Damian Mc Caul is injured as he would have had an opportunity to claim a place this year.  Dont criticse the young lads when theres older players struggling alongside them.  It would be nice to get another cub there before championship time.  Green shoots lads - have a little patience!     

omagh_gael

Any word on Damian Mc Caul? Will he be fit for any football this year?

Aaron Boone

Examiner snippet:
It all started to go wrong with a minor accident in Omagh's Saturday evening traffic which held the bus up for a good hour and saw the Munster champions finally pull into the ground just 45 minutes before the throw-in. In fairness to Counihan, he didn't make a meal of it. "I wouldn't want to be making excuses," he said later. "We got our opportunities. This is sport at a high level and these are minor things. You just get on with it."

The fact remains, however, Cork were uncharacteristically sluggish at the start, falling 0-4 to 0-1 in arrears after a dozen minutes, and they were in trouble at both ends of the pitch.

marym

Cork were short Alan Quirke, Anthony Lynch, Graham Canty, JOhn Miskella and Nicholas Murphy. Ger Spillane also cried off. All bar Quirke are allstars.

saffron sam2

Saw Cavanagh's goal there for the first time. IMO he definitely meant it.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

Cde

Quote from: marym on March 15, 2010, 07:21:18 PM
Cork were short Alan Quirke, Anthony Lynch, Graham Canty, JOhn Miskella and Nicholas Murphy. Ger Spillane also cried off. All bar Quirke are allstars.

hope thats not offered as an excuse as Tyrone were short a few allstars of their own as well

Aaron Boone

The third goal was actually a throw-ball from Cassidy to Mellon. Only the replay shows it up and no Cork players appealed at the time, but it shows the bit of luck Tyrone were due & the bit of street which Cassidy has to his armoury.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: saffron sam2 on March 15, 2010, 07:46:51 PM

ONeill's giving medals out for sentiments such as that, do you want one too?
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

gerry

At the match and at the 45 marker so had good view of it. He went for point and it fell short. I take it any day.

At the match and at the 45 marker so had good view of it. He went for point and it fell short. I take it any day.

God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

ziggysego

Quote from: gerry on March 15, 2010, 09:17:28 PM

Yes

Yes

Yes
Testing Accessibility

nrico2006

Its the NFL, teams aren't at their strongest.  If you look at it that way, Tyrone were missing 5 All Stars from their starting 15 including 2 Footballers of the Year.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

mountainboii

Quote from: nrico2006 on March 16, 2010, 08:35:13 AM
Its the NFL, teams aren't at their strongest.  If you look at it that way, Tyrone were missing 5 All Stars from their starting 15 including 2 Footballers of the Year.

Which is exactly what she (?) said before someone countered the suggestion.

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on March 15, 2010, 01:24:51 PM
Quote from: marym on March 15, 2010, 01:14:02 PM
Anybody hear anything about the Cork team being involved in a accident on the way to the game. TO be honest I would not read much into the game as both teams were short a lot of their main men.
i thought that was a very strong cork team, i make it about 12 of the team that started agianst tyrone in the championship last year

ONeill

Quote from: cadhlancian on March 15, 2010, 03:49:25 AM
Quote from: ONeill on March 15, 2010, 12:47:45 AM
Quote from: randomtask on March 15, 2010, 12:34:53 AM
curran is a joke, complete s**t wonder how many points he has managed to give away in his Tyrone career to date. still have alot of worries about Tyrone, some players seem to have went down hill, Brian mc guigan, enda mc ginley and Davey harte have been very poor to date need big improvements. on the flip side have been impressed with aiden cassidy, marty penrose and marty swift. Penrose especially has been tremendous in most matches, if i was asked to lay out Tyrone's strongest team it would be:

1. J Devine
2. M Swift
3. J Mc Mahon
4. S O Neill
5. P Jordan
6. C Gormley
7. R Mc Menamin
8. A Cassidy
9. S Cavanagh
10. T Mc Guigan/ R Mulgrew / C Cavanagh
11. C Mc Cullagh
12.J Mc Mahon
13. M Penrose
14. S O Neill
15. O Mulligan

I still think we have a big chance of regaining all ireland glory this year!!

I'd have

McConnell

Gormley
Justin
Ricey

Nephew
Joe
Jordan

Cassidy
Hub

Dooher
Sean
Enda

Tommy
O'Neill
Mugsy

But Mickey will never have that. The full back line might struggle against nippy CFs late on. He won't move Joe into HB. Penrose will start under Mickey.
Jaysus Shane,,,,cant believe you dont have Penrose in your 15, maybe thats why Mickeys picking the team ;D

Come August or Sept if Tyrone are still involved, and with every forward/midfielder fit, I don't think Mickey'd start Penrose. Who would you drop?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.