Tyrone v Cork - Healy Park, 13/03/10

Started by omagh_gael, March 08, 2010, 10:12:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyrone Dreamer

Quote from: DirtyDozen12 on March 12, 2010, 10:32:41 PM
Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on March 12, 2010, 09:31:51 PM
Quote from: ONeill on March 12, 2010, 09:28:56 AM
Hope you're right TD but I'm not confident at all. Going by last weekend's matches, Cork look to be in a much better place than we are at the minute. It might take a herculean effort to get anything from this.

Wouldn't say I'm very confident but think we have a chance. Not very convinced with the team picked. Would nearly go as far as to say that I'd be more confident in the following 15 if the players were fully fit:
McConnell
PJ
Joe McMahon
Swift
Sean O'Neill
Gourley
Jordan
Hughes
McGinley
Dooher
P Harte
Mellon
McCullagh
O'Neill
Cavanagh

??? ??? ???  If your not taking the piss here then you dont have a clue and should stop posting teams right away.  No point in talking about boys who are still on the injury list and not fully ready to play, yo have to make do with the players at your disposal.

Also, 2Tyrones 2 best players thus far in the league have arguably be Justy McMahon and Cassidy and you have ommited both from your team  ???  Stop talking about 'if we had a fully fit team' because we currently dont

Not a clue.

I was pointing out the players that were missing and wasn't picking the team that I thought that should be starting. No players listied are starting tomorrow night that was my point and hence why I didn't name Cassidy or Justy McMahon. My point was that the team tomorrow night is still relatively weak and there are quite a few still to come back.

ONeill

I still don't get the Sean O'Neill thing. I think he leaves things horribly exposed at that level. Harte, some may argue, does too, but he's a much improved HB from 5-6 yrs ago.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

DirtyDozen12

Quote from: ONeill on March 12, 2010, 11:02:12 PM
I still don't get the Sean O'Neill thing. I think he leaves things horribly exposed at that level. Harte, some may argue, does too, but he's a much improved HB from 5-6 yrs ago.

Oneill may be better at half back i think, def not a corner back or a man marker i think.  Very good player but seen him deployed for Dromore a few years ago as a man marker on Niall Gormley of Trillick in a chmapionship match at Fintona and Gormely got the better of him.  Think he is a quality player though and deserves a run at wing back.

One major problem with Tyrone is that they have no out and out man markers in my opinion bar Conor Gormley.
Beer, now there's a temporary solution!!!

Tyrone Dreamer

I know were your coming from O'Neill. He tends to make mistakes to when playing for Tyrone. Still don't think he leave's them any more open than Harte who's free role puts the defence under pressure when the opposition are on top. O'Neill is still young so could improve. Hopefully Cathal McCarron will do well, definately need more cover in defence.

Man Marker

I cant see us winning this game this evening. Cork I feel have just to much for us without our main players up front. But with this team anything is possible and our backs are up against the wall. We need the two points so it will be hell fo leather, great and looking forward to it.

Chris agus Snoop

Am i wrong or did I read that Mickey Harte say that Cavanagh was afraid to play against Cork last august, and that the stomach bug was just an excuse?

longrunsthefox

No-he didn't say 'afraid.' Kind of suggested things got on top emotionally and mentioned him getting married and his role in the GPA as causes of it... that was my take on iy anyway.

Nally Stand

Is that based on Harte's book or the famous interview from last weeks Irish Mail on Sunday that nobody seems to be able to find to post up?
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Man Marker on March 13, 2010, 10:46:47 AM
I cant see us winning this game this evening. Cork I feel have just to much for us without our main players up front. But with this team anything is possible and our backs are up against the wall. We need the two points so it will be hell fo leather, great and looking forward to it.

Still too much of an 'experimental' feel to this team, but maybe this is where the corner will be turned.

Let's just call it REVENGE FOR MISKELLEEN!
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Nally Stand

"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: Nally Stand on March 13, 2010, 11:58:15 AM
Is that based on Harte's book or the famous interview from last weeks Irish Mail on Sunday that nobody seems to be able to find to post up?

http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=15664.msg748555#msg748555

longrunsthefox

Quote from: Nally Stand on March 13, 2010, 11:58:15 AM

In the book he referred to Sean getting married and GPA involvement in the part about him not starting against Cork. 

Aaron Boone

Nally Stand

KIDDO 4

Any truth in the rumours that both DermotCarlin  and BrianMc Guigan  are  unavailable for tonights encounter.