Tyrone v Cork - Healy Park, 13/03/10

Started by omagh_gael, March 08, 2010, 10:12:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Hope you're right TD but I'm not confident at all. Going by last weekend's matches, Cork look to be in a much better place than we are at the minute. It might take a herculean effort to get anything from this.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

GAA_Punter

Allianz National Football League Division 1 Round 4
Tyrone v Cork, 7.30pm, Omagh

Heading into their fourth game in the current league and no one would have anticipated Tyrone to be one of only four teams across all four divisions to be chasing their first league points.

Mickey Harte's side are the only team seeking their first win in Division 1 and the task doesn't get any easier on Saturday as they welcome Cork to Healy Park.

The Rebels are unbeaten to date and despite reeling in the news that talented forward James Masters has left the panel, this has been counteracted with All-Star Nicholas Murphy making a return to the starting line-up.
With classy forwards such as Murphy, Colm O'Neill and Paul Kerrigan named in attack Conor Counihan's charges should have enough in reserve to take their fourth win.

VERDICT – Cork
Rest of the weekends previews on
http://www.sportsnewsireland.com/2010/03/12/weekend-gaelic-football-previews-saturday-13th-sunday-14th-march/

ziggysego

Quote from: Rois on March 12, 2010, 09:24:48 AM
He can dance his way down to the Mellon Country Inn afterwards - sure the match is in Omagh.

Football then dancing? That's a tall order Rois!
Testing Accessibility

Paddy1804

Does anyone know if the game tomorrow night is an all-ticket affair?

tyrone86

Quote from: Paddy1804 on March 12, 2010, 03:15:31 PM
Does anyone know if the game tomorrow night is an all-ticket affair?

Definitely not

Puckoon

Is it conceivable that we could finish the campaign without a single point? Has that ever been done before?

Mike Sheehy

I hope its a good clean game of football but I fear Tyrones lowly standing in the league and the fair play index may prevent that happening.

http://www.hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=125326

http://www.hoganstand.com/pdfs/week4.pdf

ziggysego

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on March 12, 2010, 07:02:18 PM
I hope its a good clean game of football but I fear Tyrones lowly standing in the league and the fair play index may prevent that happening.

http://www.hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=125326

http://www.hoganstand.com/pdfs/week4.pdf

Testing Accessibility

Zulu

Cork (NFL v Tyrone): K O'Halloran; R Carey, M Shields, E Cotter; P Kissane, G Spillane, N O'Leary; A O'Connor, P O'Neill; P Kerrigan, D O'Connor, P Kelly; D Goulding, N Murphy, C O'Neill.

I'd doubt this will be the team to start and I suspect Murphy and Kerrigan will swop lines. I wouldn't be surprised to see Shields out at center back either as he is having a tough time of it in full back and I don't think he is able to play there tbh. Nevertheless I suspect Cork will win this, home field advantage is pretty important but I think Tyrone are missing too many to be able to beat a strong looking Cork team.

Tyrone Dreamer

Quote from: ONeill on March 12, 2010, 09:28:56 AM
Hope you're right TD but I'm not confident at all. Going by last weekend's matches, Cork look to be in a much better place than we are at the minute. It might take a herculean effort to get anything from this.

Wouldn't say I'm very confident but think we have a chance. Not very convinced with the team picked. Would nearly go as far as to say that I'd be more confident in the following 15 if the players were fully fit:
McConnell
PJ
Joe McMahon
Swift
Sean O'Neill
Gourley
Jordan
Hughes
McGinley
Dooher
P Harte
Mellon
McCullagh
O'Neill
Cavanagh

tyssam5

For our US based contributors I see Setanta-I offering this game at $19.99, I think they are overvaluing their product just a little bit! I will be on lookout for a link that costs about $19.99 less if anyone can provide tomorrow  ;)

DirtyDozen12

Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on March 12, 2010, 09:31:51 PM

Wouldn't say I'm very confident but think we have a chance. Not very convinced with the team picked. Would nearly go as far as to say that I'd be more confident in the following 15 if the players were fully fit:
McConnell
PJ
Joe McMahon
Swift
Sean O'Neill
Gourley
Jordan
Hughes
McGinley
Dooher
P Harte
Mellon
McCullagh
O'Neill
Cavanagh

??? ??? ???  If your not taking the piss here then you dont have a clue and should stop posting teams right away.  No point in talking about boys who are still on the injury list and not fully ready to play, yo have to make do with the players at your disposal.

Also, 2Tyrones 2 best players thus far in the league have arguably be Justy McMahon and Cassidy and you have ommited both from your team  ???  Stop talking about 'if we had a fully fit team' because we currently dont

Not a clue.
Beer, now there's a temporary solution!!!

longrunsthefox

McConnell
PJ
Joe McMahon
Swift
Sean O'Neill
Gourley
Jordan
Hughes
McGinley
Dooher
P Harte
Mellon
McCullagh
O'Neill
Cavanagh

Is that Colm or Sean Cavanagh in corner forward?

trileacman

Quote from: DirtyDozen12 on March 12, 2010, 10:32:41 PM

McConnell
PJ
Joe McMahon
Swift
Sean O'Neill
Gourley
Jordan
Hughes
McGinley
Dooher
P Harte
Mellon
McCullagh
O'Neill
Cavanagh

??? ??? ???  If your not taking the piss here then you dont have a clue and should stop posting teams right away.  No point in talking about boys who are still on the injury list and not fully ready to play, yo have to make do with the players at your disposal.

Also, 2Tyrones 2 best players thus far in the league have arguably be Justy McMahon and Cassidy and you have ommited both from your team  ???  Stop talking about 'if we had a fully fit team' because we currently dont

Not a clue.
I can think of about 15 things wrong with that team.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

DirtyDozen12

Does anyone have a list of the Tyrone subs for tomorrows encounter?

Think McCusker unlucky not to be starting tomorrow, 1-1 against Mayo and kicked a point against Monaghan last week.  Good to see Mark Donnelly getting a start, kicked 2-2 in his last start for Tir Eoghain.
Beer, now there's a temporary solution!!!