Its snowing!

Started by mayogodhelpus@gmail.com, February 20, 2010, 04:44:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on December 17, 2010, 08:27:51 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on December 17, 2010, 07:16:44 PM
QuoteThey have just visited loads of small towns and villages and ignored the entire county of Tyrone.

They get to do what the rest of us wish we could do.  ::)

:D Amen to that

Quote from: downredblack on December 17, 2010, 07:19:28 PM
Any where in Dublin seen any yet ?

Light dusting of it bout an hour ago.
A couple of years ago that would have been coke from a Christmas do. Hard times.

leaveherinsir

Quote from: Sandino on December 17, 2010, 06:54:21 PM
How the hell can the BBC justify their coverage of the snow. They have just visited loads of small towns and villages and ignored the entire county of Tyrone. I doubt Louise must have not been able to get out of her house.
Build a snowman and get over it!!

Sandino

Great stuff. Thanks for the advice, I'll go and do that now. ;D
"You can go proudly. You are history. You are legend''

muppet

Jeysus watching the news and you hear the usual "I'll guarantee ya if it was Dublin the road'd be salted" shite.

No it f*ckin' wouldn't!
MWWSI 2017

Tubberman

Quote from: muppet on December 17, 2010, 11:48:11 PM
Jeysus watching the news and you hear the usual "I'll guarantee ya if it was Dublin the road'd be salted" shite.

No it f*ckin' wouldn't!

Well, on the way to work yesterday morning I saw the gritter out spreading salt on the M50 despite any lack of ice or snow.
But then again, if there was any bad stretch of ice on the M50 it would be utter chaos for thousands.
The same probably can't be said for the Ballyglass to Claremorris road...
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

muppet

Quote from: Tubberman on December 17, 2010, 11:51:43 PM

No it f*ckin' wouldn't!

Well, on the way to work yesterday morning I saw the gritter out spreading salt on the M50 despite any lack of ice or snow.
But then again, if there was any bad stretch of ice on the M50 it would be utter chaos for thousands.

Is the M50 the only road in Dublin? Two weeks ago I couldn't even get on to the M50 as the slip road lived up to its name.
MWWSI 2017

Tubberman

Quote from: muppet on December 17, 2010, 11:53:31 PM
Quote from: Tubberman on December 17, 2010, 11:51:43 PM

No it f*ckin' wouldn't!

Is the M50 the only road in Dublin? Two weeks ago I couldn't even get on to the M50 as the slip road lived up to its name.

No, I believe there are several other roads.
Two weeks ago I couldn't even get out of my estate. At one stage I couldn't even move the car from being parked outside on the road, to being parked on the driveway. Had to call on my neighbourly neighbour to help with his shovel and his bag of sand.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Orangemac

A few inches here in Fermanagh and there's a fair bit of snow as well ;)

Depressing that as a child you watched the weather and prayed for snow and now I watch it and pray for none ( while the 8 year old looks up Ceefax hoping to see if his school is closed).

Even the Guinness ad which I love is winding me up, we're not all dreaming of a white one.Just for Christmas day but no more.

Nightmare driving home this evening. Just waiting for the car to slide across the road.

ONeill

Quote from: Orangemac on December 18, 2010, 12:00:57 AM

The next person to make a joke about inches should be banned/sorted out.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Eddie Stobart

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on December 16, 2010, 10:54:18 PM
Quote from: Eddie Stobart on December 16, 2010, 09:32:02 PM
What's with all this South West shite,you boys must think the 6 counties are each the size of Texas...

And you must live on a pinhead.

You can have a north, south, east and west in a village, where it could be snowing in one quarter, raining in another, Baltic in the third, and positively Mediterranean in the last.

No I'm from North East Carlow just south west of Hacketstown

Hardy

Quote from: An Gaeilgoir on December 17, 2010, 07:54:32 PM
Spent the last two hours housing the sheep, trying to get them in out of the fields with the old man.

Would you not get a dog?

Shamrock Shore

A mere dusting in Site Cinty Daublin.

But you can be sure ARRRRTE will deem it a major incident tomorrow morning.

I'll rant another time about ARRRRRRRRRTE radio and their fixation on effing weather. I don't give two shites if there's 12 feet of snow in Donegal. Let Donegal local radio have a special on it. I don't want to hear Keerawn Mallooly on the snow count in Athlowwwwn neither.

For me the weather is what's outside my door and to the best of my ability to see into the distance.

Can someone explain to me "localised flooding", bearing in mind that listeners are all over the country.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on December 18, 2010, 12:40:24 AM
A mere dusting in Site Cinty Daublin.

But you can be sure ARRRRTE will deem it a major incident tomorrow morning.

I'll rant another time about ARRRRRRRRRTE radio and their fixation on effing weather. I don't give two shites if there's 12 feet of snow in Donegal. Let Donegal local radio have a special on it. I don't want to hear Keerawn Mallooly on the snow count in Athlowwwwn neither.

For me the weather is what's outside my door and to the best of my ability to see into the distance.

Can someone explain to me "localised flooding", bearing in mind that listeners are all over the country.

Your a cranky hoor these days,are you going through 'the change' by any chance?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: ONeill on December 18, 2010, 12:08:05 AM
Quote from: Orangemac on December 18, 2010, 12:00:57 AM

The next person to make a joke about inches should be banned/sorted out.

6 Inches is the smallest you will get in Mayo, mines 12 tbh  ;)
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Eddie Stobart on December 18, 2010, 12:17:00 AM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on December 16, 2010, 10:54:18 PM
Quote from: Eddie Stobart on December 16, 2010, 09:32:02 PM
What's with all this South West shite,you boys must think the 6 counties are each the size of Texas...

And you must live on a pinhead.

You can have a north, south, east and west in a village, where it could be snowing in one quarter, raining in another, Baltic in the third, and positively Mediterranean in the last.

No I'm from North East Carlow just south west of Hacketstown

LOL, isn't Carlow like the same size as the Erris Peninsula or something, North East Carlow me hole. We have mountains bigger than Carlow in Mayo.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.