Its snowing!

Started by mayogodhelpus@gmail.com, February 20, 2010, 04:44:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bensars

Quote from: Minder on December 17, 2010, 04:31:03 PM
Quote from: ross4life on December 17, 2010, 03:58:17 PM
Good time to post some snow pictures in this thread (3/4 inches of snow here in Roscommon now)

The sheep must be harder to identify in that weather Ross..........

Not when he has her  indoors already !

Milltown Row2

I'm heading into belfast later. Will i make it?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Square Ball

From the BBC at 16:36

Emergency flash warning for heavy snow in NI
Heavy snowfall has created treacherous driving conditions in many places
Related stories
An emergency flash warning for heavy snow has been issued for counties Antrim, Down and Londonderry in Northern Ireland.

The snowfall over NI since Thursday has been the worst in 25 years, according to meteorologists.

Flash warnings are only issued by the Met Office in exceptional circumstances.

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Square Ball

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 17, 2010, 04:58:24 PM

Maybe, but getting out again may be difficult
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

illdecide

Quote from: Square Ball on December 17, 2010, 05:05:57 PM
I'm heading into Belfast later. Will i make it?

Maybe, but getting out again may be difficult

You Belfast wans are all tarred with the one brush so you should be grand...lol ;)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

ziggysego

I was on the Omagh - Cookstown road at 4.30pm. Scary as hell, the snow was belting it down out of the heavens. Couldn't see a foot pass the front of the car. Glad I'm indoors now and have no intentions of leaving the rest of the day. Not even tomorrow, if this keeps up!
Testing Accessibility

TacadoirArdMhacha

Its not snowing in Belfast at the minute and the roads themsevles are fine - main road, Ormeau Malone, Ravenhill etc. The roads seem to be generally passable - I drove from Belfast to Downpatrick and back earlier and it was slow going but manageable.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

muppet

Quote from: ziggysego on December 17, 2010, 05:12:59 PM
I was on the Omagh - Cookstown road at 4.30pm. Scary as hell, the snow was belting it down out of the heavens. Couldn't see a foot pass the front of the car. Glad I'm indoors now and have no intentions of leaving the rest of the day. Not even tomorrow, if this keeps up!

You could go an entire season in Tyrone without seeing one sometimes.
MWWSI 2017

Hoof Hearted

i left Cookstown at 1.30 and headed the other way towards mfelt. As soon as i hit moneymore it started and i was over 2 hours getting home. i have also no intention leaving. luckily i got 9 bottles of wine in ASDA before i left. no need to leave the house now
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

muppet

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on December 17, 2010, 05:36:50 PM

i left Cookstown at 1.30 and headed the other way towards mfelt. As soon as i hit moneymore it started and i was over 2 hours getting home. i have also no intention leaving. luckily i got 9 bottles of wine in ASDA before i left. no need to leave the house now

You joking? You'll be back at ASDA before lunch.
MWWSI 2017

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: muppet on December 17, 2010, 05:38:26 PM
Quote from: Hoof Hearted on December 17, 2010, 05:36:50 PM

You joking? You'll be back at ASDA before lunch.

maybe in years gone but old age has slowed me up

Rossfan

This snow is affecting the real world too ---

Roscommon Co Board Convention 2010

"Due to the current adverse weather conditions Roscommon Co Convention scheduled for tomorrow, Sat. Dec 18th 2010 and hosted by the Clann na Gael club in Drum Community Centre, has been postponed.

Following agreement from GAA headquarters Roscommon Co Board have been granted a derogation from rule governing the timeframe for holding Co Conventions.

The convention will now be held on Saturday Jan 8th 2011"
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: Rossfan on December 17, 2010, 05:47:17 PM

"Due to the current adverse weather conditions Roscommon Co Convention scheduled for tomorrow, Sat. Dec 18th 2010 and hosted by the Clann na Gael club in Drum Community Centre, has been postponed.

Following agreement from GAA headquarters Roscommon Co Board have been granted a derogation from rule governing the timeframe for holding Co Conventions.

glad you told us this ross, me and muppet were just making plans to go to this !

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Rossfan on December 17, 2010, 05:47:17 PM

Since when is Roscommon in the real world?
You'll Never Walk Alone.